Chapter 1

My Princess

 

YOONA’s POV

 

I walked on the stairs with high hopes for myself and confidence to show to all the people present today. There were 6 maids following behind my back, doing their best to guide me as I go. We passed through the historical corridors and now the loud sound of gong can be heard as I descend. Flags are now raised and waved by the guards. The event performers are now ready to show their fully-prepared presentations while I’m still on the lead with the 6 girls on my back and now, I already reached the place...

 

“The princess has arrived.” Protector Cho whispered from his earphone that contacts all the other officers in charge.

 

I sat down and smiled brightly as I see everyone. I was very satisfied with the performance. But things started to become rough already. Honestly, I was very bored because I really don’t like watching historical performances. I yawned at my best and massage my jaws for a moment. I stretched my arms and shoulders for a bit. My feet aren’t that fine also, so I swing it in the air. My back started to feel painful too so I stood up when I saw people not looking towards my direction and exercised my back for a little moment. But… there was already an incoming couple, so I sat down quickly and fixed myself. Luckily, they just passed by. There was another person who just walked in front of me and as if didn’t notice my existence. And now the performance already met its finale.

 

“Princess! Please look at us!” One person called.

 

“Look here please!” Another guy shouted.

 

I was sitting prettily on my chair when people already run their way towards me. There were 6 of them and I have to take pictures with them. Well, that’s my job. 4 people stood behind me and 2 of them sat beside me. In fact, one of them held the hair-like structure in my head. This is what usually princess wears when they’re dressed in hanboks.

 

“Okay! I’m going to take the picture! One… Two… Three!” Sulli, my photographer, shouted.

 

The photo turned out well. Next is a mother and daughter couple. Third one is a quite old businessman-like person, he’s dressed in a very formal wear but with shades on, so for me, he turned out to be a gambling-lord. Many more groups and individuals have come to take picture with me, Natives, Locals and even Foreigners.

 

“Time to leave! I’m done with my work today!” I told Sulli. I stood up immediately and held my costume in an inappropriate way then speed walked.

 

“Yah! Yoona-ya!” She called trying to stop me. But she just stood there so I just continued running.

 

 

NORMAL POV

 

There was a man who went to see the photographer who stood exactly where she was a while ago.

 

“Hi! Are you the person in charge of this event?” He asked.

 

“Yes!” Sulli answered.

 

“I am the Diplomat, Lee Donghae.” He introduced then showed his identification card to her.

 

“Right now, Princess Stella wants to take photographs with your ‘so-called princess’ here. I would like to ask for your help.” He stated.

 

“Right now?” She cleared.

 

“Yes!” Diplomat Cho answered.

 

But unfortunately, Im Yoona just finished her worked that day so she told the diplomat that she won’t be able to meet Princess Stella from England. Actually, the person who was being called by the people around earlier was Princess Stella. And because it was a real princess who is asking to see her, Sulli told him that she’ll just call her.

 

“Is the photographer ready?” Taemin, a staff who came from the event, asked.

 

“She’s not answering. What should we do?” Sulli muttered.

 

Diplomat Cho told the staff that he’ll just need 5 minutes. He ran where the dressing room of the ‘acting-princesses’ are. He knocked hardly on the door and opened it without permission from the people inside. The girls, who were still changing their clothes inside, were very shocked with his sudden action and they all started squealing. They threw clothes to him to block his eyes from seeing them.

 

“I’m looking for the ‘Princess’! Just give me a moment!” Diplomat Cho stated with his hands blocking his eyes.

 

“Hurry up and leave!” One of them shouted. But they were still in chaos. The girls still throw clothes and other objects to him. But still, he insisted and went were she is.

 

When he already reached where she was, Yoona started to hit him with a hanger.

 

“You’re the princess here, right? Why aren’t you answering your phone?” Diplomat Cho asked with his hand in blocking position.

 

“This is the female changing room, you know! What are you doing here?” Yoona shouted.

 

“Come out for a moment. Follow me!” Diplomat Cho uttered then held Yoona’s arm hardly.

 

“Omo! Omo! What are you doing?!” Yoona fought back.

 

“I’m sorry!” he told the girls.

 

But Yoona was still shocked with what’s happening in that moment. He was trying to let go from his hands.

 

“I’m really busy so I’ll tell you the details later. First, let’s get you ready for the pictorial.” He said then started to drag Yoona when they already got out of the Changing room.

 

“The first time you see a woman, you grab her hand to talk to her. You should let go so I can listen properly.” Yoona paused from running for a moment then explained and Diplomat Cho easily let her hand free.

 

“But I’m very busy right now so working overtime is impossible.” She was about to sneak away but he immediately grabbed her hand.

 

“Actually, it won’t take that much time.” He explained.

 

“I could die in that much time! I’m going to be late for my part-time job!” she yelled.

 

“We don’t have much time now. We need your cooperation.” He yelled then pulled her arm hardly.

 

“Omo! We’ve just met and you’re yelling at me? If I’m fired, it’s not like you’ll be responsible!” Yoona yelled back.

 

“I can be responsible.” He responded.

 

“Eh?” Yoona questioned.

 

He told her that for that job, he’ll be paying her 100,000 won per hour and emphasized the word 100,000 won. When Yoona heard that, her gloomy face turned into a bright one. She was smiling at him brightly as if nothing has happened.

 

Yoona immediately agreed and came with Cho Kyuhyun to the place where Princess Stella was. Numerous photographers took shots of the two. Princess Stella with lovely and elegant poses while Yoona, who was only an acting princess for all the tourists to picture with, guided her to what camera to look at while both of them are being photographed. She started to act closer with the princess and hooked her arm to the Princess’s shoulder.

 

“How much money do you want for the extra information?” Onew asked to Kyuhyun.

 

“Aigoo… Forget it.” He answered with some smiles on his face.

 

“Because you are a third generation plutocrat, you disregard your senior.” He bayed.

 

Still, Kyuhyun left uninterested. But the guy insisted and told him that due to the problem regarding the citizens, an organization has been kicking up a fuss. Kyuhyun reasoned out that he doesn’t need to worry because it doesn’t happen every day anyway.

 

“The government wants to reorganize the imperial family.” Onew stated.

 

“What kind of joke are you playing?” Kyuhyun didn’t believe on what he just said.

 

On the other side, Yoona started to create some fancy poses with Princess Stella which was gladly copied by the princess.

 


 

Meanwhile… There was a breaking news that shocked everyone from Korea that brought everyone in shock.

 

 

“Fellow citizens, please listen carefully. Here, I will announce my jurisdiction. From the reorganization of the imperial family to implementation of the laws and then understanding the people’s wishes, the imperial family will go beyond geographical class and power to become the center of our nation. Department of Foreign affairs of our country has been tainted and injury has been cured to establish the dignity of our country.” President Choi recently declared from the news.

 

“Does this make any sense? Sacrificed one’s life to attain democracy and now, the president actually tries to turn it over with its palms just like that?! That is really unreasonable!” One governor reasoned out when he heard the news.

 

“I, Seo Sunho, pledge to take my political career as a bargaining chip regarding about the reconstruction of the Imperial Family. I oppose firmly!” He continued as press people continue to take videos and pictures of him.

 


 

It’s already the time for Princess Stella to leave. Photographers still took picture of her and Yoona assist her, still wearing her bright smiles. While Cho Kyuhyun was still in a casual conversation with the guy he was speaking to a while ago while observing Princess Stella go.

 

“However, it’ll be good if our country has such a princess. Look… Princess Stella looks exactly like a Korean celebrity. Her ideal type would probably be cute guys.” Onew said.

 

Yoona, who has just accompanied Princess Stella to her car, immediately looked for Cho Kyuhyun.

 

“It’s been hard on you.” Kyuhyun muttered.

 

“I’m only doing what the Koreans should do. Moreover, I’m not doing this for free.” Yoona answered then handed her palms out for reach for Kyuhyun’s payment.

 

“Hold on a second.” He said then looked for his wallet. He took out a check first. Yoona who wasn’t aware with the amount he was holding, immediately got it from him but Kyuhyun didn’t let go of it.

 

“What are you doing Mr.? How can you change your mind after going to the washroom earlier?” Yoona uttered.

 

“This is 1,000,000 won.” Kyuhyun stated and Yoona quickly removed her hands from it after knowing the amount. So Kyuhyun looked for another one.

 

“I have no small change. Do you have small change? Can you change it for me? Right now, a credit card won’t do. Well, this is my business card. Send me your information and I’ll pay you immediately.” he continued then handed his card to her.

 

“Woooow! How can you do that? For this kind of job, you pay up front!” she shouted.

 

“Wait a moment.” Kyuhyun looked for some cash from his suit’s pockets but stopped when someone called him. He immediately went off when the chairman suddenly told him and he just gestured Yoona to call him. Yoona tried her best to stop him but he quickly disappeared with his car.

 

“You bastard!” Yoona thought.

 


 

In the cemetery…

 

Kyuhyun’s grandfather bowed down to someone who is now deceased. They bought flowers, fruits and candles. It was only the 3 of them that time, Cho Kyuhyun, his grandfather who is the chairman of Daehan Group and Butler Sungmin.

 

“Grandpa, are you okay?” Kyuhyun asked as his grandpa stood up.

 

“Chairman…” Butler Sungmin muttered.

 

“Don’t worry about me.” Chairman Lee SooMan answered.

 

“You shouldn’t always come here.” Kyuhyun said.

 

“Stop talking for now, just pay your respects.” Chairman Lee scolded.

 

“I don’t have the time and I have to hurry back!” Kyuhyun answered.

 

“How can you not have some minutes, Cho Kyuhyun?” Chairman continued.

 

“Yah, I don’t want to. Five minutes is too long, okay? But, who exactly is buried here, huh? Why do you always ask me to give respect to someone I don’t personally know?” Kyuhyun questioned.

 

“Bow first. I’ll tell you when the time is right.” He commanded.

 

“Is 20 years not enough? Pshh… Okay, I understand. From now on, I will no longer ask you. If grandfather dies, I will destroy this grave, build a villa and live in it! I’ll be living first, bye!” Kyuhyun exclaimed then went on his way already.

 

“Yah! Kyuhyun! I will persuade him to come back here, chairman.” Butler Sungmin tried to stop him.

 

“Your majesty, you must’ve waited for a long time. Everything has been prepared.” Chairman told to the grave.

 


 

Yoona hurried herself to her part-time job in school. She took her pink bicycle with her to drive to school with her full strength and speed. Before entering, Yoona sneaked first to see her friends but she was caught easily and Sooyoung gestured out a ‘you’re dead’ sign.

 

“Teacher…” Yoona sweetly called.

 

“Is busy playing games with the princess... You totally forgot about me, Madam.” Hyoyeon muttered.

 

“I was deceived today.” Yoona reasoned out and acted as if she was crying.

 

“Where did the problem arise from? How could you possibly have been deceived?” Sooyoung questioned

 

“No, really! I had a deal with someone. It was agreed upon that wages would be settled down after the filming finishes. He said he has only 1,000,000 won. And asked if I can swipe the card, then he passed me his name card and asked me to call him.” she justified.

 

“Was he handsome?” Hyoyeon asked with sarcasm.

 

“Well, he was okay. I told him I had to go to work and he grabbed me and wouldn’t let go of me. I really had no means to escape.” She told with a tone of excitement.

 

“Is she showing off that a guy took a liking on her?” Hyoyeon asked Sooyoung.

 

“It sounds like she had a dream.” Sooyoung insulted.

 

Yoona was now pissed off with her friends for not believing her. Suddenly, someone came inside their working room.

 

“Annyeong hasseyo!” he greeted. Yoona’s expression a while ago was changed into a cheerful one when she saw her Professor, Lee Donghae. While her other friends, who happens to be liking him too, immediately stood up and they all greeted him in a jolly way.

 

“Hello Professor!” They all greeted almost bowing their heads in 90 degrees angle. Lee Donghae, who was surprised with Yoona’s hairstyle that time, was left speechless.  (She wasn’t able to fix her hair when she had her job earlier. It was a tight up-do.)

 

“What is it Professor? Ah, so you like this kind of style?” Yoona stated while her friends let go of a disgusted face.

 

“Don’t joke around.” He said with a charming smile. “It’s been a week, you said you’ll help me get a room at the hostel.” Professor Lee told Hyoyeon.

 

“Neh!” Hyoyeon answered cutely.

 

“Do not call Love Hostel, it’s too noisy there. Okay?” He commanded then went on his faculty room. His room was just next to their room.

 

“Really, he said it’s very noisy.” Yoona and Sooyoung fondly said while laughing with their red blushes on cheeks while Hyoyeon in an annoyed face.

 

“Aaiii… Teacher, you’re really something. Which hostel was it that we called previously? Next time, let’s go together and take a look at it, teacher.” Yoona cheerfully said.

 

“Yah!!! You guys still don’t want to hurry up for class?” Hyoyeon shouted.

 


 

Inside the classroom…

 

Professor Lee Donghae was busy lecturing their lesson for today while Yoona was busy staring at him with her hands under her chin and without listening at all.

 

“He looks even more handsome here. How can he be so y? In a few days, we’ll be on break and you won’t see him anymore, let’s take a look more...” Yoona suddenly uttered.

 

“I won’t reprimand you.” Sooyoung muttered.

 

“Unnie, I want to meet up with him under Egypt’s scorching sun.” Yoona told her friend.

 

“Are you really going to go? But, Egypt is not your family’s supermarket, you might not get to see him.” she warned.

 

“Your head is only a display. Where can a fine arts professor go to in Egypt? Spending 4 days and 3 nights under the pyramid. Game over!” Yoona imagined.

 

But suddenly…

 

“Professor!!!!!!!” Yoona suddenly shouted from his deep sleep in class.

 

“Why?” Professor Lee asked.

 

“Eh?” Yoona asked back.

 

“Didn’t you just call me?” he said.

 

“I’m s-sorry, I was thinking about something else.” Yoona stammered.

 

“Thinking of something else, with me?” Professor Lee playfully asked while drawing closer to where Yoona and Sooyoung were, and then smiled. While her classmates laugh at his words.

 

“Okay, we’ll end class here! Have a good weekend.” Professor Lee stated.

 

While Professor Lee was already on his way out of the room, Yoona observed him until he disappeared.

 

“You see that? Look at how happy he is when I said I was thinking of him?” Yoona asked Sooyoung and they both smiled sheepishly.

 

But when Yoona was already fixing her things, she was strucked with the picture shown in the whiteboard which was discussed earlier by their professor where she wasn’t able to listen.

 

“Why?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“That…” Yoona pointed out on the picture.

 

“Didn’t you listen to what Professor just said? Pure authentic cases. Nothing has been left behind, only a picture. It was this picture that had proven Emperor Li Ying is the real one.” Sooyoung explained.

 

“Oh right! Don’t pester professor anymore. He has a girlfriend.” Sooyoung continued.

 

“What? Why?” Yoona questioned.

 

“What why? It’s professor’s first love.” Sooyoung scolded.

 

“First love? Aren’t first loves build up when they’re 4?” Yoona was still shocked.

 

They were already out on the school and are now going to somewhere but the issue about their professor hasn’t ended yet.

 

“There are a lot of hearsays. We just need to re-organize. They said she’s really pretty and great body too. But most importantly, she’s rich.” Sooyoung said.

 

“Oh! Yes! She is the UK Museum curator.” Sooyoung continued.

 

“Professor likes girls who are older than him? If she is the curator, isn’t she 40-50 years old now?” Yoona was surprised hearing those.

 

“She’s a few years younger than professor.” Sooyoung answered.

 

“Suddenly, it feels like it is all a lie. How can this kind of woman exist?” Yoona still can’t believe.

 

“This is what I’ve heard. By the way, thank you for walking me back, now go.” Sooyoung blurted out.

 

“We’re already here. You should at least walk me to the mall.” Yoona begged cutely.

 

“Okay, Okay Okay!” Sooyoung then agreed after not being able to resist her friend.

 


 

What do you think of the first chapter? Sorry if it's kinda lame ^^ I'll try to improve the next chapters.