In which Jungkook is a big delicate flower baby.

Jealousy

hello it is me this is my first actual fanfic so please be gentle~

thanks for reading!

.

This was so unfair.

She kept on laughing with him, throwing flirtatious smiles and batting her eyelashes cutely. Taehyung next to her laughed (god his rectangle smile was cute???? help) and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. 

It made him sick.

Jungkook tried to not look over too much, to not stare, but the fact that his crush was flirting with another didn't help at all. If anything, it made him more curious.

It's jealousy, he realises, as something vile gurgles in his stomache. Of course it's jealousy, what else would it be?

He fiddled with his fingers as he ducked his head back down to the book he was hiding behind and checked his phone.

11:45 am. He had been here for 20 minutes fuming in silent rage.

He sighed and picked his book up to put it back in his bag. There was no use fussing over it;it was a quick get-together and they would probably break up with eachother and maybe he'll finally be noticed as the beautiful, manly boyfriend material he is. They were destined to be, after all. Soulmates.

Okay, maybe not the last part, but he was totally boyfriend material. 

He reassured himself that many times as he walked out of the library.

.

It was NOT a quick get-together, because 4 months later at this party they were STILL flirting and it STILL made him sick.

Sure, he hadn't even tried to ask out his crush when available and single, but that didn't matter, right? Of course not. Absolutely.

It totally was.

The loud music almost made his ears bleed as he sipped whatever was in his cup (it tasted like orange juice and it was orange so he presumed it was orange juice, but that didn't matter because he didn't like orange juice anyways) and sat in a corner, being the big sulky crybaby that he definitely was not. 

"Hey, buddy!" a loud high pitched voice shouted at him over the music.

He scowled back. "Jimin."

His friend, Jimin, shot him a bright smile. "It's Jimin /hyung/, you brat. You still mad because Taehyung hooked up with another totally hot homosapien that you can absolutely not compete against? Geez, Kookie. stop being such a big sulky crybaby. You missed your chance, dude."

He frowned deeper, if possible. "I am not a big sulky crybaby and I can totally compete against Seulgi. Go away, Jimin."

Jimin huffed. "Maybe I will. To my boyfriend of 2 years, Jung Hoseok. God, we are so happy together. I love him so much." And off he was, to his boyfriend of 2 years, who he was very happy with and loved so much. Damn him.

Begrudgingly, Jungkook sipped at his orange juice(?).

.

He almost slipped and fell on his (very handsome, very boyfriend material) face when he saw that Taehyung was alone during lunchtime and not making gross kissy faces wih Seulgi.

When he sat at the usual table he was greeted by the sight of Namjoon's arms wrapped around Jin's waist and Jimin and Hoseok feeding eachother and oh my god, he nearly vomited.

"Guys, stop being gross when Yoongi-hyung isn't here. It makes me feel lonely and inadequate and I really don't appreciate it."

Jin giggled as Namjoon kissed his neck.

Jimin spoke up. "Kookie, you do know that Tae-tae's single, right? That's why he's sulking and not sitting with us or Seulgi. You could be the prince charming to sweep him off his feet, even if you're dressed like an emo eighth grader all the time."

Jungkook looked down at his black Blink 182 shirt and black skinny jeans and black converse. "What's wrong with the way I dress?"

Jin smiled at him, all warm and buttery and motherly. "Nothing, dear. But what Jimin meant was that he's single now, and you've had a crush on him, right? There was even a period of time where Tae thought you hated him when he was first introduced because you kept on glaring at him and making weird constipated faces, and Hoseok and Jiminnie had to explain that you were like that all the time and didn't tell him that that was the "I like you a lot" face?"

Jungkook blinked. "What face?"

Hoseok sighed. "What Jin-hyung meant when he explained what Jimin meant is that you can finally just sit on Tae's lap whenever now because he's y, Free and Single." he looked back down at the lunchboxes and sent his boyfriend a charming heart-shaped smile. "Chimchim, can I have the last of the noodles?"

Jimin smiled back, eyes disappearing, and cooed as he fed Hoseok the noodles and Jungkook pretended to vomit.

"You guys are so greasy."

Namjoon spoke up from behind Jin's shoulders. "At least they have someone to be greasy with."

A frown etched itself on Jungkook's face. "Piss off, hyung."

"Don't talk to your father like that."

"...Sorry, hyung."

(Jimin whined. "Why is everybody else hyung?")

.

Three days later and Taehyung was still sulking, a big, dumb pout on his big stupid cute face.

"Uh-hey, hyung."

Tae's eyes flicked upwards to look at Jungkook.

"Hi."

Jungkook fiddled a bit with the ends of his sleeves, and awkwardly shuffled to sit next to Taehyung. 

"So, um, you've been a bit sad lately, right? I mean, not sad-sad, but-yeah. You know?"

Taehyung nodded, blinking in confusion at his awkward friend.

"So I was wondering, would you want to grab like, coffee sometime?"

Taehyung rose from his slouched posture. "Now?"

"I mean, it doesn't have to be now, but if you want-"

"Now."

Grabbing Jungkook's hand, he made his way out of the eating area.

"Your treat, right?"

The younger male sighed. "Sure, hyung."

.

As soon as they got to the cafe, Taehyung lined up and told Jungkook to sit at a table.

"I'll order for you," he had said, "Go wait at a table. I'll bring you something nice."

He had only expected for him to come back with two cups of coffee and maybe a plate of dessert or two, not to be welcomed with four cups and five plates.

"Tae-hyung," he started, "We can't fit all of this on one table."

Taehyung smiled wide and there it was, his usual bright, boxy grin. Jungkook wanted to squish his cheeks and kiss him lots, but not here and not now because they were in public and Tae wasn't his boyfriend. Yet. Maybe.

"We'll just have to move then, right?"

Jungkook sighed and stood up, and soon they relocated to a booth by the window, dark wooden table covered in white plates with intricately designed cakes and macarons.

"Why four drinks, though?" Jungkook questioned after they sat down. "Theres only two of us."

The lavender haired male hummed, making himself comfy against the leather seats. "Well, the winter drinks looked delicious and I really wanted to try the mint choc, and I know you like salted caramel so I got that, but I didn't know if you just wanted coffee or not so I got you that too. And there was this cool drink I saw a picture of but I didn't know what flavour so I thought that we could try that together!"

God, does this boy even breath? "A-alright then, we can do that later maybe.

Taehyung nodded and started to shove pastries into his mouth. It was adorable, really, and sometimes Jungkook thought that Taehyung should've been the maknae instead, but that would mean that Jimin would be even clingier so he thought against it. He sipped at his salted caramel drink, and yeah, it was kind of gross, but Taehyung picked it out so so what?

"Kookie, aren't you going to eat?"

He looked up to meet eyes with his hyung. "Oh, yeah." Picking up a macaron, he bit halfway through it and started munching.

Taehyung's eyes crinkled. "You really are cute, you know? Like a little bunny, my Jungkookie!"

Jungkook flushed, face feeling hot. "Don't be weird, hyung! You're cuter anyways! Way cuter!"

"Nah," Tae started, "maknaes just have this air around them, you know? The kind that makes you wanna pinch their cheeks. You know the boy group Seventeen, yeah?"

Jungkook nodded, heart beating fast in his chest and he wondered if his death was going to be caused by the other male. He just kept munching on the other half of the macaron.

"So Woozi is, like, older than Dino but everyone thinks Woozi is cuter than him because he looks like a tiny cotton candy fairy, but Dino's just got this feeling about him, yeah? But you're way cuter than both of them."

Jungkook choked.

"Oh my god, did I say something wrong?"

Jungkook thumped at his chest and swallowed down the remaining half. "No, no, no! You didn't do anything wrong!" he said, voice raspy and he coughed and sipped at his drink.

He continued to ramble, his brain to mouth filter broken from overheating. "It's just that it doesn't make sense, because your so much cuter and it's so much that I want to be your boyfriend and I wanna hug you and before classes I want to kiss you and I wanna cuddle on the couch as we watch Disney movies-it's like that, right? And it's not just because your cute it's also because I really want to be your boyfriend and I really like you, hyung."

Good going, Jungkook. He might as well dig his own grave and lay himself to rest right now.

Taehyung, however, only made those cute squeaky giggles that reminded Jungkook of a very deep voiced rubber duck. "I was wondering when you were going to confess to me."

Jungkook choked on air, this time, and wheezed. "You knew I like you? Did Jimin tell you? Oh my god, I'll kill him, that tiny rat muncher. I'll shove my foot right up his-"

"No, Kookie, Jiminnie didn't tell me, it's just that you're very bad with emotions. And even if Jimin did tell me then I still would've liked you back, y'know?"

"...You like me back?"

"Yes, Jungkook."

"...Really?"

A sigh. "Yes, Jungkook."

"...So I can kiss you?"

A smile. "Yes, Jungkook."

And so he did, and gosh golly were Taehyung's lips as soft as they looked.

.

Everybody stared in disgust as Jungkook sat on Taehyung's lap, playing with his hair and whispering in eachother's ears and giggling and just being straight-up disgusting.

"Oh my god," Jimin breathed out, "We've created a monster."

From beside him, Yoongi nodded. "This is disgusting. Why did you let this happen again?"

Hoseok sighed. "We don't know, hyung. We don't know.