Final (Edited)

Date

Who says being popular means the world is in our hands, Hongbin is such a flower boy no one can deny how handsome he is. Being handsome being popular being smart being good in sport especially Basket Ball and his charm could kill everyone around in any minutes. He is so damn smart boy in his age, he could do anything. He always being a top class with A grade even when he is under perform but yes he can still manage it at least not fail. But does everyone realized no one is perfect as that? No it is a really big No for someone who knows him too much such as his best friend Hakyeon. When everyone says he is perfect Hakyeon will smirk and even laugh. He just Hongbin a 17 years old boy who can barely manage his nervous when girls approach him, will feel slight madness when he couldn’t score for his team mates just too much about him that no one understand. The most Hakyeon thinks how weird Hongbin is, since he knew him not even once Hongbin will gladly dating. Don’t get him wrong he did accept when any girls sent him letter for dating, he excited he really did but sometimes nah mostly his dates turn into hell when suddenly girls kiss him roughly.

“ Guess, another bad date?” Hongbin just smile lazily

“I don’t know what is wrong with me why those girls just keep scaring me, am I look like weirdo Hyung?”

‘Nah Binnie, you just too gorgeous. The masterpiece too perfect to be ignored. So get used it Bin-ah. Another girl pushed you again? or kiss you roughly again?"

"She tried to made me say yes to be her boyfriend. Unbelievable how i can be stuck in these kind of situation too much." I studied Hakyeon hyung before i truly realized he will not give me any good reasons.

"Sorry Bin-ah, it's just you. Just like i said before no one can deny your charms."

“I won’t accept any of dating by now. Trust me hyung, i won't do date again."

 

3 months have passed so fast, no one change but Lee Hongbin is, He turns into someone with a strong ability on his Basketball skill, he turns into someone who dared himself to do something that e never try before but the most significant on this metamorposis is how Hongbin is more concern on how his grade should be A,or how his basketball team should be the winner in each game the team involved.

The two boys are in the room, an empty room because this whole week there will be no classes only sports teams which are now in big annually competition.

“Hyung, what happened in there God, those girls just unbelievable?”

“New boy, flower boy. The transfer student”

“Seriously? Poor him this is gonna be a very long day for him, Oh God i have to get going now hyung i have practice before the game starts. As if you remember I have game today. You wanna join me to Basketball practice room?” I smirks at him.

“Yaaaah! Lee Hongbin you better go by yourself! I am waiting Wonsikie right now.”

“Such a Lover boy. Okay fine I am going now Hyung.”

“Bin-ah.”

“Yes,”

“Don’t push yourself on this, you need to relax.”

“I am fine Hyung, Thank you. By the way you better not miss my game today. Remember it's 2 pm right after soccer team games.”

“I know I know.”

I walked my self trough the hall way, counting every move that i have to take for the big game today when suddenly my eyes spot on the boy that i never meet before.

“Excuse me Mrs, I am looking for the Soccer team.”

“Ahh, you must be Mr. Jung the transfer boy. Be hurry our team will face the game in an hour. But i am so sorry i can't help you to them right now i am too busy. I will call any of student to help you instead okay Mr. jung."

"That's fine with me. Thank You."

"Lee Hongbin, Lee Hongbin, please come here.”

“Yes Mrs. Huang.”

“Ohh dear please help Mr. Jung heading to the soccer team, he is the new player for our soccer team and also new student in here.”

“Sure, Mrs. Huang hey just please follow me.” I barely look at him, but I know he nodded and follow my step.

“I am Lee Hongbin by the way, you can call me Hongbin I am the Basketball team captain. Nice to meet you.”

“Taekwoon, Jung Taekwoon.”

“Ah Here are they, your new team mates. I guess my job done by now you can introduce yourself right? I need to go now to my team as wellI. Once again Taekwoonah nice to meet you.” I smiled at him and shown my dimples to him just make him feel accepted.

“Thanks.” I can see his small smile while waved is hand toward me.

Right at 12 the soccer team starts the game, my team mates relaxing somehow while I am on the bench watching the game with Hakyeon hyung who cheering his boyfriend. No one would love sitting beside him because how loud his voice can be.

“Damn! That new guy so good, he already scored twice in just 15 minutes game. Don’t you have the same opinion with me?”

I just nodded didn’t seem care on what he just said. I keep my mind focus on how the game is going and it will be just awesome to get all the cups we can for the school. Basketball and Soccer are the most favorite in my school so no wonder that these two teams get all the attention. The time goes by too fast since our team going through to the semifinal. When the game is over Wonsik approached us and introduce the new guy to Hakyeon and me, Bin-ah he is our new player and he will be the same class with Hakyeon Hyung.

“Taekwoon wasn’t it? Still nice to meet you once again.”

“Thank you. Nice to meet you both. Have a great game Basketball captain. Lee Hongbin.” I shocked he still remember me and even I can see how he smirked at me, while he left the field.

“No way!!!! How do you know him? Hakyeon hyung bombarding me with questions

“Mrs. Huang asked me to help him, that’s all.”

“Lucky!!! Don’t you think he so handsome? You both gonna be a cute couple.”

“Shut up! I don’t do date no girls neither boys. I have game in 30 minutes now, you better move your and cheer me up.”

“Hey I am still your hyung you know, such a rude brat!.

The game is pretty easy since our team is leading 10 points, I can slightly hear Hakyeon’s voice yelling at me and my team mates to kill the competitors and also how Wonsik’s embarrassed face but what I don’t know is someone gives me a smile from the crowd. It’s the new boy, the Jung Taekwoon boy. I got flattered, I can feel my cheeks turn into red which I try to hide by nodding. Our team won the game by 6 points difference I went to my team cheered each other and approached my friends in the crowd but as always before I can meet them bunches of girls asked me out, asked me to take pictures together and I just nodded and smile.

“Hongbin Oppa, you always be the best. In case you wanna start dating again maybe you wanna join the party today?” the girl boldly asked.

“No. Thank you, I am sorry but I have game for tomorrow I need rest.”

“Ouccchh, I see. Good luck Oppa. This is for you.” She handled me a bunch of chocolates.

“Thank You.”

I approached Hakyeon Hyung that now is flirting to his boyfriend while I can feel the gaze from Taekwoon too strong.

“I am sorry, the girls always doing something like that. I will take shower first and will catch you all soon.”

I just walk side by side Taekwoon hyung, which I know by time he is silent boy and older by me a year just like Hakyeon Hyung.

“Where do you live?” I try to break the ice.

“Few blocks from here, you?”

“I live next door to Hakyeon hyung, just two blocks more. Why do you moving here?”

“My parents bought new house, well their dream house as I know.”

“Simple as that?”

“I don’t know, that’s all I know and meet the old friend by any chance. So here I am.”

“I am sorry.”

“Don’t be, I am starting to like this new place.”

“Great! I am happy for that and i am happy if you can join the Soccer team as well. But now that's my house, I will see you all in the morning Goodbye.” I wave my hands and leave them.

“Bin-ah, your game at 3 wasn’t it? Hakyeon hyung asked me.

“Yes.”

“Then you will leave house at 12 at least, get a proper sleep you need it too muc you brat.”

“I’ll try Hyung I'll try. Good night everyone.” I come to my house and leave them all.

In the morning when I woke up at 10, just like before I did i made some moves and little exercises before when i heard mom knocked the door to get me downstairs and eat my breakfast.

“Bin-ah, how was your sleep?” Mom asked me

“Better mom, the game must be gave me this nice sleep.”

“Great kiddo, you eat well okay. Daddy leaving to office too early and did not try to awake you. Just text him you feel better okay? We both worry too much with your sleep lately.”

“I know mom. Thank you”. I kiss her cheek and give her a warm look that shown how I am better now. I will have game at 3 today so I will be home a bit late mom, I will do my best today.”

“You always make me proud Bin-ah don’t you worry about the game ok?”

“Thank you Mom.”

When I arrived in the class room, no one there because the volley game is starting. Right when I try to read my favorite book the familiar sound echoed in the hallway and I don’t need to look at it to know who the owner.

“Bin-ah!!!!! How was your sleep?”

“Great!” Now shut up if you don’t want to be kicked out from my classroom.”

“This brat! Yeahhh I will be silent, by the way Taekwoonah and Wonsikie are buying us lunch, they will be here in any minutes.”

“Taekwoon? He still stick around with you? Unbelievable! Hahahahah. How can the silent boy get along with noisy boy like you?.”

“Shut up.! I am the best hyung you have you know.!”

 

“Guys, you both need to stop being such a kid. Wonsik’s voice break the room. Hakyeon hyung clung his hands to his lover and take his lunch soon.

“Thank you. I am starving, Wonsikie.”

I back to world, reading my favorite Catch in the rye book when I see a hand of Taekwoon hyung offer me the lunch.

“Ahh, thank you Taekwoon hyung. I am not hungry yet, I already ate my brunch at home.”

“Eat it after game then, you will need it.”

“What about yours?”

“My game starts at 1 so I will eat this after. I will leave now, I have practice before game.”

“Sure, me too. I’ll join you soon. Wait me up.”

“You all going now?” Hakyeon hyung with pleading eyes look at us all.

“God Baby, we have game soon. Get your lunch and take care of us please. Don’t forget to watch our games too. I love you.” Wonsik kiss him, and the three of us left him alone.

Just soon when the practice is over, the soccer team doing warm up in the field. I try my best to watch the game but I can’t so I just text both Wonsik and Taekwoon hyung which I just knew his number couple hours ago.

Good luck hyungs! I am sorry I have to practice. ^.^

Bin

 

Thank you, Bin-ah. You too.

Taekwoon

 

 

I heard girls screaming all the times, yelling and even mad. But the nearly over of the game suddenly everyone yelled Taekwoon yung name.

 

“HERO! Owwwwww you’re my hero!

 

I checked the game, the scoreboard put his name on it which it’s the hard game when the score only 1-0 for our school. I felt so relief and the pressure now gone to my bone which means I have to do the same thing for myself and team and the school. My hands shaking, I feel suffocating yet  feel scared.

 

“Cmon guys! We can do it.”  I heard the coach cheering us.

 

Just like I tought, we starts the game nervously when we keep losing points. People yelling try to persuade me to back to myself put all the pressure gone from my blood. Nothing’s change I just keep nervous when suddenly I heard a very soft voice yelling.

 

“Wake Up Bin-ah! Do your best!” I searched the voice when it came, I smiled at him and feel much better to follow the game. I may not score but step by step we can get the ball back we score and even win with the 3 points that Hyuk made. I fell on my knees thanking God for having a good player like him at least when I am not doing my best.

 

“Capt! Don’t worry we’re in final now.” I heard Ken yelled at me with a joyful voice.

 

“You guys, doing a great job. Thank you.” I bowed at them while they approached me and hugged me.

 

“Capt you are the best, please don’t push yourself again. We are here to win the game with you. We happy playing with you. Don’t be rude to yourself.”

 

One by one people left the building, even Hakyeon hyung and Wonsik. The only one who stay was Taekwoon hyung which suddenly he approached me.

 

“Take this.”

“What is it?”

“Just take it.” After handling a small paper he left without saying anyting.

“Yahhhh Jung Taekwoon, what is it?”!

I put it on my pocket as I thrown my clothes away I washed my self in the bathroom, I kept myself think about what he gave me. Soon when I am done with shower I change my clothes and read the message as I heard the beeping sound.

I am going home early, I wanna sleep today.

Taekwoon

Okay, have a good rest hyung.

Bin

I walked to my class and eat my lunch which I already feel starving, then I remember Taekwoon hyung handled me a small paper. I open it,  I wonder what was the paper about.

The smoothies cafe, no. 6VXX  broad avenue.

Tomorrow 7 pm.

What is this? I keep thingking on what the paper is about,what I did not realize that Hakyeon hyung standing behind me stolen the paper and shared the look to Wonsik.

“OMG Hongbin-ah who gave you this? Is it a date?”

“Date?”

“What else? Cmon ya tell me, who gave you this?”

“Nothing, hyung. I am going home now. Give it back.!”

“Yaaahhhh Lee Hongbin, who you dating now?”

Day gone so fast, I searched with outfit look better on my body. I tried everything but ended up with a jeans white t-shirt and brown cardigan.

“Bin-ah, When you will be home?”

“Not that late mom, maybe 9 or 10. Don’t stay late, I will bring key.”

“Oh.. I thought you are dating now.  Mommy too happy.”

“God Mom, stop digging my privacy okay? I don’t feel comfortable.”

“Such a rude son. Okay, don’t be home too late ok Boy. Mommy loves you.” She kissed my forehead and I smiled at her brightly.

By the time I stand outside the café I can see Taekwoon hyung is already in there, I checked my watch if I made a mistake but it’s only 7 and he already there. I wave my hand toward him and smile showing my dimples.

“Am I late?”

“No, you’re not. I just too nervous.”

“Why you nervous hyung?”

“Nothing, just order anything you want Bin-ah.”

“You really allowed me order anything I want? “

“Yes.”

I put my eyes on the menus all over again, pretending to search for the best recommend menus but I ended up ordering French fries, strawberry smoothies and chicken drum. I can see how Taekwoon hyung smirking at me and taunting me with his poker face.

“Is that is all what you have on your mind on anything you want Bin-ah?”

“Shut up hyung I am nervous too. It feels like we’re on dating now.”

“It is.”

“What?”

“I said it is a dating.”

“God, how on earth you asked me for a date without actually saying it before? I won’t just attend my first date with you with my casual look at home hyung.”

“You look good Bin-ah, really. You look good in everything you wear. Get your foods, and let’s going to some other places.”

We had a nice day over all, both of shy both of us didn’t really know what to do on our first date after ate our dinner we walked through the city light just small talk to get to know each other. In any chance he told me how he can be a soccer player which it was his dream since he was just too young, we shared story about our life and we ended up in a small park near our blocks.

“I am happy for today hyung, thank you.”

“I did have a great day as well.”

“This is the first time ever I enjoyed my date, I did not feel sick or afraid I think I am too enjoying this even more.”

“I am glad Bin-ah if you think that. I’ ll walk you home.”

“Thank you Hyung.”

The rest of conversations are about our match on Sunday. We both thrilled we both happy and nervous.

“Thank you for walking me home, Hyung.”

I can see Taekwoon hyung smile at me, put his both palms on my cheeks. His lips touched my palm since I already knew what he’s going to do. But I don’t feel fear about it just to shy. I resist to stop it but my palm suddenly going down and I let his lips touch mine. My heart racing with the time, my blood heating and without I notice it I close my eyes to enjoy his soft lips.

“Good Night Bin-ah.” I just nodded and watched him left.

For God sake, it was real it was actually happened my first date…. My the best date ever.

“Good Morning Bin-ah, It’s almost 10 son your daddy and I will go to watch the game today. Get up now.”

“Good morning Mom, daddy did not have golf schedule today?”

“It’s okay, he wants to watch you and your team.”

“But mom, you know I am too nervous sometime if he watch and it’s not going to be okay I will be so dump.”

“Stop doing that again Bin-ah, you will do it fine. Now get prepare and we will join you to school.”

“Okay Mom.”

We leave the house at 11 and by the time we arrive in school this place is too crowded with people all over the corners. Parents watch their kids, attend the parents gathering while the students preparing for the upcoming games. I can see Hakyeon Hyung parents nagging to him again as he forgot to bring his little sister out from the car, while wonsik’s parents are watching their son practice.

“Haneul, you in here too. What a pleasure to meet you in here.”

“Nari, finally I can introduce you to my son. This is Lee Hongbin.”

“Pleasure to Meet you, Mrs.

“Jung, Jung Nari.”

“It’s nice to meet you Mrs. Jung.”

“Ahh your mom was right, you are the best combination of your mother and father. Well I have son too, but I guess he is busy right now. Let’s meet up after the game. Oh by the way he is Mr. Jung. My husband.”

“Nice to meet you too Mr. Jung.”

“The same, Hongbin. Have a great game.”

“Thank You, I guess I get going now mom, dad and let’s talk other time Mr and Mrs. Jung.”

The game schedule today is not pretty tight but still Soccer always play before basketball team and it makes me skip his game again. 2 hours later the game ended up with my school get the trophy for the 3rd time in the three years. Jung Taekwoon once again being a hero and girls yelled his name too often. When the time my game starts, the building feel so strong with the rivalry Banner with my name all over the corners. My parents with others sitting on the bench while the students blended in to one row.

Yes Bin-ah! Go go go. Get them all! Yeah Bin-ah!!!! You can do it.”

The sound echoed in the building, the whistle start to blown and we chased the ball to get our first attack. Who cares about the other game now it’s time to final. I chase the ball and got locked up when booooom someone pushed me down.

“Fault.”

I took a deep breath when I thrown the ball into basket and yes, we got our points. The game is running to fast when we scored twice the competitor scored another points. Frustrated is being on our face, but damn so right this is the first time I did enjoy final without pressure I just keep running until I got chance to thrown a specialty shot! 3 points and everyone echoed my name. I am so proud. The periods chance till we only have few second left to get another points to run from the competitor. I did have the challenge to manage another points but all I can see players surrounded me. Just one move and everything is clear I just the ball to Ken which Ken gave it to Hyuk with his ability he thrown his body to do slam dunk and bammmmmm the whistle blown so did the ball run into the basket. Our school just yelled and being a captain for this event once again making me feel proud of myself as I see everyone gather me we smiled we get the trophy and girls surrounded.

“I am so proud of you Oppa, you are the best.”

“Thank You, thank you everyone for the support. This is amazing.”

I feel someone tugging my back, which I see my dad give me a hug and mom give me a big snog which I embarrassed about.

“I am so proud of you Son, you did a very great job to manage your team. You’re grown up so well.” While mom keep crying on my hug. “Mom, I love you.” I kiss her forehead.

“Hongbin-ah, that was a great game. Your parents must be very proud, even me and Mr. Jung so proud of you Son. By the way, this is Jung Taekwoon, our son.”

“Hyung?”

“Hi, I can explain this really Bin-ah.”

“You guys knew each other right, ahhh that perfect. We will wait you both outside okay. Have a great day boys.”

When our parents away, i manage my emotion and start to ask him a very simple question. I actually don't feel ok with the answer i might get but i still try to listen.

“You knew my mom? You knew her all this time?”

“Yes I knew your parents, But i can explain this Bin-ah. They visit my house few times but I met your mom a lot since I drove her home when she gave us a visit.”

“Okay.”

“God Bin-ah, is it a bad thing? I knew your parents and I told them as well that I asked you out. They agree they are fine about us. Why you mad at me?”

“I am not Hyung I am not mad. Just give me time and let me change I will meet you outside soon.”

I left him in the building without hearing any answer and let my self down to my knees on the shower. Maybe I take 1 hour when I manage my mind to face them. But when I got the outside building all I can see just Hakyeon hyung, Wonsik and Taekwoon Hyung.

“Our parents will have their own meeting, so we can have ours. But, me and Wonsik should be there since we have these kids with us they probably will yell any soon when find out their moms not even near. So I bet we will wait you guys there soon.”

“Okay Hyung That's really ok.” I answer Hakyeon hyung, with my tiredness

Me and Taekwoon hyung just walking side by side in silent, we both stop in the park in our school.

“I am sorry, Bin-ah.”

“I am okay with that now Hyung, really it’s good my parents knew you. No it’s great actually our parents knew each other.”

"I still wanna apologize Bin-ah." Do you free tomorrow night?”

“I think so, why?”

“I owe you a proper date, remember?”

“Yahhhh! You just made me mad and now you asking me for a date?" At least If you wanna ask me for date don’t ask me out in Monday evening you idi….”

His palm touch my lips, his soft lips once again got me stoned and I couldn’t move. But this time I kiss him back my nails dig up his back and my heart beating too fast.

“Let’s having another date, a proper date. I’ll wait you in the same place, at 7. So please just make sure you will be there, okay?”

“God fine Hyung, I’ll be there, I promise. I will be there for our proper date.”

“Cute.” He grabbed my waist again and kiss me for the second time. “I love You Lee hongbin, I love you.”