final

Hurricane

Seungho chuckled when he got the text message from Mir, obviously just a copy paste from GO. He checked on his schedule using his gadget. Well... He guessed he could take some time out from his busy schedule. Thinking exactly that, he went over to GO's favorite restaurant.

                "Hyungnim~" That familiar whiny high-pitch voice immediately greeted him once he got out from his car. He turned around with opened arms, inviting the maknae into his warm embrace which Mir burrowed himself into almost immediately.

                Seungho frowned at the coldness greeting him. "Why are you so cold?"

                Mir pulled away, still having his puppy smile on. "I'm not that cold." He denied despite the visible tremble running through his well-built frame.

                "Yes you are. How long have you been waiting out here?"

                Mir looked at his watch, sheepish smile adorned his almost blue lips as he answered, "Twenty minutes." in a very small voice knowing he would get yelled at.

                "Twenty mi- What the hell were you thinking?" Seungho grabbed Mir's wrist and dragged the maknae towards the shop so at least to warm the shivering puppy but a strong tug from the younger stopped him effectively.

                "Just give me five minutes- Ani! Just two minutes more." Mir pleaded, his eyes fall unto his shoes as he shifted slightly, restless and unnerved.

                Seungho sighed. Of course Mir still would have not enough courage to enter the restaurant and met with their most treasured main vocalist because they both know what was coming. They were here for that reason too. To have one last gathering before GO's enlistment and then they would be apart for years. His heart dreaded for it as well, so he could understand what kind of emotion was filling the boy fidgeting before him right now. Hence why Mir would rather stayed under the chilled winter night instead of getting himself inside the warmth and cozy of the restaurant where GO was waiting at.

                "I don't think I'm ready yet. Just... Just give me some more time." Mir kept whispering, his figure slumped over in defeat, his free hand playing with loose thread on his thick winter jacket.

                Seungho looked sympathetically to the more than attached maknae. He, himself was feeling like his chest was being carved by a knife. GO was his best friend and had spent long years of up and down together, sharing laugh and tears, defeat and victory. And now they had to separate.

                Sure. They weren't always together but this... This was different. They couldn't just randomly appear in front of GO's house whenever they miss him. They couldn't plan a dinner together anymore when they just felt like it. They couldn't went into a random aimless trip together anymore whenever one of them bring up the crazy idea out of nowhere. This was different...

                Seungho let go of Mir's wrist and instead, both his hands went up to cup Mir's freezing cheeks, forcing the maknae to look into his eyes. "He's waiting." He stated.

                Mir's brown orbs shifted slightly before the maknae inhaled a long deep breath, pasting on a smile to hid his sadness and he nodded, letting Seungho to lead him into the restaurant.

                "Here guys!"

                Almost immediately, they spotted the main vocalist sitting at the table far inside the traditional restaurant, the table was already full with food and drinks. They shuffled there with permanent smile, taking a seat across GO, next to each other.

                "You guys are late." GO nagged. Before Mir could even start with his excuses, GO pointed the chopsticks in his hands, almost hitting Mir's nose. "You! You stay just two blocks down! What took you so long? If it was Seungho, then I could at least understand. He never is the punctual one."

                "Hey!" Seungho protested with a huff.

                "What? It's the truth." GO chortled and Mir joined in.

                "I'm a busy man okay." Seungho defended, shoving spoonful of sticky rice into his mouth.

                "And I'm Eric Bennet." GO shot, rolling his eyes. "Maknae. Grill the meat." GO ordered.

                "Ah Wae~" Mir whined with his mouth already stuffed with fried chicken, he even bounced in his seat.

                GO scowled. "Because I said so."

                Mir grumbled but proceeded as his hyung's order, albeit putting the red meat almost forcefully unto the grill.

                GO poured soju he had ordered into his glass, proceeding to pour it into Seungho's glass and when he was about to pour it in Mir's glass, the maknae was faster in covering his glass with his hands. "Nope. I'm not drinking tonight."

                "What? This is our last dinner together before my enlistment, can't you at least entertain me for a bit?"

                Mir's smile faltered slightly as he was reminded back to the issue that Seungho worried the maknae would cry at that point but Mir sure could handle his expression well. "No. You can't force me tonight. Someone need to stay sober or all of us might wake up in a dumpster tomorrow."

                "He got a point." Seungho chipped in, dunking his soju in one shot.

                "Ugh! You're no fun." GO retreated the bottle but cheered up again when Seungho filled his glass to the rim, lifting it up for a cheers.

                The night went on smoothly. Three of them messing around like always, laughter filling the air around them. Everything seemed normal. Perfect even.

                Too perfect... Like the silence before the storm.

                That was when it came crashing down.

                Like a hurricane...

                GO took his fifth shot, feeling his head slightly buzzed by the alcoholic drink and he finally felt the courage he had been trying to gather since last week took him over. He lifted his eyes and watched over the leader and maknae chatting and laughing about funny incidents they experienced during their individual schedule and that was when he found himself blurting out what he had kept piling up in his chest, almost making him explode. Well, now he did explode, sending their emotion, including his, flying into all direction.

                "I might not come back."

                The way the laughter suddenly died off and the way Mir and Seungho turned to look at him with dumbstruck look, blinking like idiots caused GO to grimace at the pain stabbing his chest. And just as he thought he was ready for any kind of respond.

                He wasn't.

                Somehow, even the buzzing of conversation floating around the restaurant seemed to dull off compared to the sound of GO's heart beating loudly in erratic manner. Was that even his heart, because he swore it wasn't just his? It wasn't him alone...

                Them too...

                They were hurting as well...

                "Wha-what did you say?" Seungho finally asked after what seemed like an everlasting grim silence between them.

                GO swallowed, wincing as again, his chest throb with what he was about to spilt out. "I..." His voice cracking. He took another second to compose himself as his fingers wrapped around the small shot glass of soju and he even believed he might break the glass with the force he was applying now. "I have spent a long time wondering. Thinking what would be of me in the future and I'm not really sure anymore to keep that dream on stage. Plus it is no longer a dream. I have achieved it. We have achieved it and now, I'm thinking about moving on. Maybe looking for a new dream."

                "So, it's not just on a whim?" Seungho asked, his tone now softer. Truthfully, he would have explode, blurting what might be hurtful words towards GO's sudden declaration of retreat from singing which indirectly meant one thing to them. MBLAQ disappearance. But he didn't. He didn't because of the shaky cold hand now intertwined with his own. He wasn't sure what Mir was hinting on when the maknae slipped his trembling hand into his just in time, successfully holding up his outburst, either to hold him off from losing his composure or the maknae was just looking for his support at the news. Either way, he needed to keep his calm.

                GO shook his head. "You can't imagine how long has this thought kept haunting me days and night. I want to fully use this two years away from everything that define me now and just be myself. Be an ordinary man named Jung Byunghee instead of MBLAQ GO and properly decide what kind of path I'm going to walk down from now on. I need to move on. It's about time to move on."

                Seungho opened his mouth to retort, maybe saying that GO was just in a phase of wavering and uncertainty and that he would regret this later but Mir had beaten him for it after an uncharacteristic long silence. "We understand." The maknae voiced out quietly but unexpectedly calmly, looking up with steady eyes and his warm encouraging smile. "Just choose what make you happy most. I'll always support you."

                Seungho casted a look at the maknae, trying to search any sign of lies and sadness but he couldn't find anything except sincerity. He let out small breath, squeezing Mir's hand inside of his hold and felt how Mir squeezed back. And he knew right then and there, Mir was actually holding back with the whole power he had.

 

#########

 

"So..." GO trailed off, eyes looking anywhere but at Mir and Seungho. "I guess this is it." He huffed, steamed forming as his warm breath hit the chilly night. He hated this moment. Moment when they had to say goodbye.

                Mir was the one to turned away first. "I have a great time tonight! Bye hyung~" He waved and ran down the road towards his house, not giving chances for neither Seungho nor GO to say anything and his figure disappeared down the corner of the second alley, not looking back even once.

                "Aish that kid! Can't he be a bit sentimental?" GO complained but a smile stuck on his lips.

                Seungho turned to face GO. "I can sneak out of my schedule to send you off." He offered despite knowing GO wouldn't agree.

                "You know I hate goodbye."

                "Yeah. I know."

                "You hate it too."

                "You're right." Seungho agreed easily, shrugging with ease.

                "See you again. Someday." GO turned and walked away in the opposite direction where Mir had went off to.

                Seungho watched until his friend's figure disappeared into the crowd, sighing deeply before taking off himself. "See you again." He whispered into the thin air.

                This was it... The goodbye...

 

###########

 

GO took in his appearance. This was good enough. Now it was time for him to leave. A deep sigh coming far from inside his chest escaped his lips. He took his time to walk out of his room, taking his time to look around every details of his room and his house generally, trying to embedded every single small thing in his memory, silently saying goodbye to the place that had witnessed his life for years, that had witnessed a life lived by Jung Byunghee instead of an idol.

                Once he locked up the front door, he looked around his house for one last time, smiling to himself before turning around on his heels, leaving with a new determination. But he was greeted with a surprise. A surprise that was in a form of young man with wide soft brown orbs leaning against the wall down the road from his house, hands in the pockets as the younger kicking the small pebbles under the sole of his shoes.

                "Cheolyong-ah?" He called out, stepping closer to the younger whom immediately beamed up at him, filling him with warmth that actually help him withstand the coldness of the winter. "What are you doing here?"

                "To send you off silly." Mir stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

                GO's frown deepened that his brows almost became one. "We already-" His protest was short-lived, well wasn't even had chance to start as Mir just slung his arm around GO and pulled the older down the road with him.

                "I told your family we're going by my car."

                "Wait! but, Cheol-"

                "Hyung." Mir cut him off again, letting his eyes stabbed deep into GO's own orbs. There was a moment of tension but it all disperse when Mir's small lips shaped into another warm smile of his. "We'll wait for you." He stated gently, even with a smile that rival the tenderness.

                GO sighed, backing away slightly from the younger. "I told you, I might not come back."

                "Yes I know. But I thought you were saying you might not come back as MBLAQ GO." Mir stated, a bit questioning towards the end.

                GO frowned, confused. "What are you trying to say?"

                Mir smiled, taking the three steps left and let his arms wrapped around GO, his smile widened as he felt the older's arms wrapped around him almost immediately on instinct. "We will wait for you, Jung Byunghee."

                GO let out small gasp. it wasn't the fact that Mir had called him with his full name but it was the fact on how deep the meaning each of Mir's words were carrying that took him off guard. GO felt how hot tears prickling the corners of his eyes at the same time amazed and grateful on how Mir was able to understand his deepest wish. His hold tightened on the maknae.

                "If you don't want to come back to us as MBLAQ GO, then you can come back as Jung Byunghee. We love you all the same. Before we're member of the same group, we're brother. Family. I need you to remember that." Mir continued.

                GO let out a small smile, letting his head rested on the younger yet dependable shoulder. "You sound so mature."

                "Well... We have gone through a lot, hyung. The only way to survive is to become stronger and I believe you are much stronger now than then too."

                "I guess." GO felt how Mir's hand was patting his back and later drawing small circles to comfort him and he found himself leaning even further into the embrace. Weird how such simple gesture as hugging could chased away all the conflicting and complicated thought that had kept running through his mind days and night for more than a year. Well... That was the beauty of it.

                "We will wait for you." Again, Mir repeated as if to convince GO that he would never back off from his words. That this... Was a promise.

                "We?" GO sniffed.

                Mir loosened his hold and pulled away. "Yeah, we." He fished out his phone, fumbled with it for a second before shoving it into GO's face.

                There was a text. From Seungho. And a soft chuckles escaped his lips as he read it out loud. "Yah, maknae, tell that idiot Jung Byunghee that we will wait for him. Aish! I got caught trying to sneak out. You make sure to tell that idiot furball for me! Understand?"

                Mir laughed as well and shoved his phone back into his pocket as he eyed the older with his wide innocent eyes. "So... It doesn't matter which path you choose, we will always wait for you."

                "Well, then I guess I have no other choice than to come back to you guys."

                "Exactly."

                Well, maybe this wasn't a goodbye after all. Not to any of them because this bond are forever even if hurricane came hitting them mercilessly because they have gone through worse thing and a lot of thing had changes between them except one. Them being together in a way or another. They could always find each other no matter how far they drifted away.