When Boy Meets Girl

Endless Regrets

 

First chappie woot. 

And the fail artwork was made by me. Idk, I thought I just needed to put something there. :D

Sorry if it's really boring tbh, but I wrote it so that the 2nd chapter is where all the major things happen, haha. Please, tell me what I'm doing worng so I can fix it. ^^

And no, this isn't really a story of how Taemin and Sulli got together, it's quite about the opposite. So please don't think I need to put more detail on how they met and stuff.. haha. Anyway. Enjoy ^^

______________________________________________________________________________________

"Wait look! A shooting star!" the younger girl said as she finally sat back down on the soft grass straight after running, attempting to catch his best friend that's running away with her necklace. Delighted with winning, the boy sat down beside her with the necklace still tightly held in his hands.

"Yeah, well. You can make a wish since I won this round," Taemin said, pleased with himself. He saw Sulli close her eyes like she was really serious about this wish she's about to make.

"I wish Taemin would keep his promise that we'll be best friends forever!"

"What kind of wish is that? Of course I'll be here. Now I have to ask you though.."

"Since you're promising I will to," and both laughed.

"Taemin! Mom's calling you, it's getting late. Go home!" Taemin's brother shouted from a distance. It seems as if they were in their own humankind where time didn't exist and completely forgot about the real world they were in.

They both giggled, unaware that those are going to be limited in the future. Taemin and Sulli got their things and both walked home, unconscious about the peril they were embarking on. Well that's quite understandable. They were, after all, only 14.

Best Friends. They're two of the very misunderstood people in the world. But somehow, they're two of the best. They're there for each other, through thick and thin. Through hardships and successes. They listen to your problems and they know when to offer moral support. And what's best about this friendship? They'll somehow know one day, that the person they're meant to spend the rest of their life with was standing beside them all along.

This can happen, of course, only if there was nothing to hinder it from happening. Only if.

----

[2009]

Their first SM Town concert in just ended and the after party was held at the high tower of Seoul. All artists were there, and so were the crew, the staff, everyone. It was hard for Taemin to spot the girl he'd been wanting to see ever since the start of the concert.

After going to the very top of the infamous tower, there he spotted the younger girl looking at the scenery like it's one of the most beautiful she'd ever seen. He didn't blame her. The veiw was quite breath-taking. But something was even more breathtaking in his eyes.

Taemin creeped up behind Sulli, then gave her a shocking back-hug. Sulli didn't react to this, though, just as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

"Yeah I know, the scenery's beautiful. Isn't it?" she said looking out at the night sky that's full of stars that seemed to give the city an amazing glow.

"Yeah, to me you're more beautiful if you want me to be completely honest," he said, still holding Sully tightly in his embrace. She thought she can hide her blushing cheeks when she just laughed it off like it was just a joke made by someone she's really close with.  

"Hey, it seems as if the shooting stars do work. Who knew that we'd be working in the same company?" Sulli stated, not taking her eyes off the outlook she's enjoying. Taemin just thought about this, but didn't really give an answer. Maybe because he was too busy with another question he's planning on asking.

"Can I ask you something?" he said, his voice turning serious and releasing the back hug he did, "Why aren't you dating Sungmin hyung?" he looked down, avoiding eye contact.

"Sungmin oppa? We're just friends," she laughed and pinched his cheeks that seemed to have turned red now.

"Well, I don't want to be 'just friends', will you be my girlfriend?" then it seems like time stopped. She wasn't smiling, nor she was frowning. There was no expression in her face, just.. blank. She has wanted this to happen for a long time, of course, but she didn't expect it to actually happen.

Facing his best friend, she thought of how cute Taemin's shy face was and decided to even further.  She gave her answer as she smiled and turned back towards the direction of the scenery she was looking at before.

"Okay."

----

[2010]

It's their first year anniversary and everything seemed so 'dejavu'y. Then it occurred to her that it was the place where they first had their picnic way back when they were just 14. Now they're 17. How fast time flies.

"Wait look, a shooting star!" Sulli said as she playfully slapped Taemin on the arm for him to look up. And so he did.

"What is with shooting stars randomly appearing when we're together?" he laughed, noticeably happy that it's like their first anniversary of being best friends.

"Well, you may never know. It might be like destiny," she smiled, "Well since I wished last time, I can wish this time as well."

Taemin jokingly argued and said how unfair she is but then gave in because he thinks Sulli's aegyo is quite irresistible.

"Seriously, If I dressed up as a girl right now and used aegyo on you I bet you're the one that's gonna give in," he said, disappointed yet amused while flicking his long chestnut colored hair using his left hand. She didn't take notice of this and wished, just like last time.

"I wish Taemin would keep his promise that we'd be together forever, no matter what," she said quietly with her eyes closed, "And I'm 100% percent positive this will work because my wish last time did."

Did she expect for this to happen at all? Of course she did. But does she know it will? Not at all. Wishes are quite unpredictable and unforeseen that sometimes we wished we never did wish it.

They really just hoped for the best.

----

Many things happened after that.

But they all remembered it like it all happened yesterday.

Their first kiss that they considered glorious, their first scandal that had to be taken care of by SM Entertainment because of all the crazy fans, their first photo shoot together because people considered them cute, their first Star King recording. They all remembered it. It was all considered uphill for the two, their relationship is finally developing. Yay.

But what they don't know is that people are suffering behind the scenes. SME had many scandals that they had to  take care of and had to destroy peoples preconceptions of the two dating. They didn't want to inform people about their relationship. They didn't want fans to lose interest in both groups by finding out one members is dating another. They didn't want to admit they were selfish, but they were.

It all carried on like this even after the year 2011 came, until one day Lee Soo Man wanted to see them in his office.

They were confused on why their CEO suddenly wanted to see them. They didn't worry though. They were anything but worried. I mean, Taemin and Sulli finally meeting again right after SHINee's Japanese Promotions. f(x) getting nominated in the 2011 MAMA Awards. Everything was perfect. Nothing could possibly go wrong. Right?

They happily skipped to the main office, and stood in front of the CEO's desk. Not caring about what he can say because surely it can't be that bad. But the man's face said the exact opposite. His expression resembled that of someone that just found out their house got robbed or their cat died. Or maybe something less grim, but it still wasn't good.

At this point, they're confused as ever. Them being called both at the same time. Without the rest of the members. This certainly wasn't a collab stage of f(x) and SHINee. Like normal people would, they suspected this as something that has got to do with their relationship.

It was upsetting that they didn't know that their moments of dreamlike happiness, their love, somehow shine in the dark but is shadowed by the darkness of reality that's overwhelming. The fact that they don't know what's happening, but it's solely about them, makes them wonder why they were acting this way. Shouldn't they be concerned?  

All their anxiety was ended straight after when the cold words were said by the man that supposedly called them. Mixed feelings started going through their system. Sadness, frustration, annoyance, determination. But all of them because of one thing.

They wanted to disallow what he said. Like they were in control and can just somehow back out of whatever the CEO told them to do. Bravery swept over one of them, and decided to speak up against the man's current position.

"I'm sorry, what?"

Only three words escaped from their almost dry mouths and they felt fearless as they stood up against someone higher than them. But sadly then, all their heavy hopes just pull them back down again.

______________________________________________________________________________________

What did this CEO say exactly? Hm. 

2nd chappie is where you find out :D

and yes, I know. lolol. It's quite boring to be honest but thank you for reading ^^

Please, anticipate the next chapter ^^