1

A Beautiful Wound
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Red..

That color that represents many wonderful things like passion, desire and love. While it also represents blood.

Everything was spinning around her, she could hear the sound of rushed footsteps coming from afar and the shouts, but it was all echoing around her as if her ears were under water. Slowly looking around her, she spotted the blood stains on the wall and that same red liquid dripping down her hand. But more interestingly, an ice cold corpse lying in front of her own kneeling form. A corpse that had a deep wound on his stomach acting as a spring of.. blood. Staining both hers and the corpse's clothes.

She blankly watched the blood dripping down her hand, following with her eyes each drip as it silently hit the ground. But, that wasn't what her eyes were filled with, they were filled with a vision provided by her own foolish mind. A vision that consisted of a certain black-haired girl crying desperately, looking panicked and miserable, that same girl that held a knife in her hand and was stained with the same blood that came out of the corpse. A girl that drove her crazy and was able to make her do crazy things. And this moment was the perfect example.

She desired to get up and scream her lungs out, pull her hair, do anything that would bring her back to her right mind. But she knew it was useless – nothing can erase the power that the black-haired girl held over her. The bitterness that spread through her body made her feel numb. But what could she do when she was hopelessly in love?

In love with a woman whose boyfriend was lying lifelessly in front of her.

Love is crazy. That was something she was sure of.

All possible bitter emotions crashed down on her as she felt a cold metal cuffing both of her hands behind her back as two other men appeared in front of her and restrained her from making any movement, harshly pulling her up and pushing her to follow their steps.

The sound of the sirens was becoming closer and closer, and she was getting more dizzy. Her head pounded as she felt warm tears slowly making their way down her face. The tight huge grip on her restrained hands didn't make it any better and the sound of people shouting orders refused to stop.

She was tired, she wanted to go home and sleep her life away.

A miserable smile appeared on her face as one factual statement kept on pounding inside of her brain and her heart.

A statement that said that she, Shin Hyejeong, was hopelessly in love with Kim Seolhyun.

Oh how stupid love is.

--

A blonde woman who goes by the name of Park Choa stood, and walked up to the judge, where the curious crowd behind her could also listen in. “My client has been seen holding a knife over the dead body of Jackson Wang.” She paused to look at the woman then continued even louder. “Although she is innocent.” The crowd behind her gasped. “Until proven guilty,” Choa continued, with one finger high in the air, “Mr. Wang should know better.” With full force she slammed her hands on the opposing attorney’s desk.

Choa rose from her position and stood up straight, saying, “I call Mr. Wang to the stands.” An old rich man with grey and black strands on his scalp, walked slowly over to the stand.

"I have done some searching on your deceased son, and it turns out that someone had previously reported him for physical and ual abuse just a year ago. But interestingly enough, the case was closed as soon as it started with no actions taken. Do you have any knowledge about this, Mr. Wang?"

"N-no." The old man looked nervous for a second, but the expression got erased as soon as he cleared his throat. "No, I don't."

Choa raised her eyebrow, suspiciously looking at the man in front of her. "And, are you sure that money could not have any relation whatsoever towards the suspicious closing of the case, considering that he is, in fact, your son?"

"Of course!" The man exclaimed so suddenly, catching the crowd off guard with his slightly louder voice.

“Objection!” Mrs. Wang proclaimed. “What relevance does this really have to the case? My son got killed by this monster!” The old woman pointed her finger and threw a disgusted look at non other than Hyejeong. "And you're here talking about another case, what nonsense is this?"

“Agreed,” the judge said. “Ms. Park, are you badgering the man in order to confuse him?”

Choa blinked her eyes innocently. “No, your Honor, I would never.” pausing for a second, she turned to Mr. Wang. “I have no further questions.” Choa said, walking away from the stand.

Hyejeong could only sit and stare at the floor silently, still not processing how did all of this even started. They were there deciding her fate while she was too numb to even care about the result. The weight of the cuffs binding her hands was starting to make her wrists sore, Hyejeong tried to move them a little but to no avail, they were stuck. She heavily sighed, unknowingly catching the attention of the others.

"Ms. Shin, Ms. park says that you are innocent, do you agree with her or do you admit to your crime?" The judge directed the question to the red-haired girl, confusing her with the question. All eyes were intently focused on her, making her nervous. She slowly looked around, not knowing what to say.

"I.." She took a deep breath as one name suddenly appeared in her mind, making her crazy once again. "I don't agree, because I am the one who stabbed Jackson Wang."

She could hear the crowd behind her gasping as a ruckus had risen. Choa was looking at her in a surprised expression while the Wang's had a victorious smile on their faces. But, Hyejeong refused to meet anyone's eyes and stayed focused on the floor beneath her feet.

"Silence!" The judge shouted, before quietly discussing with the jury about her fate. The moment everyone's attention was back to Hyejeong, she was able to feel the sweat that was trickling down her neck as her head started to pound hard once again. 

“It is time.” The judge said this statement with finality. “I will now pass sentence of the verdict. I agree that the suspicious reputation Jackson Wang had takes part in the decision, therefore, the sentence will be reduced. I hereby sentence Shin Hyejeong to 5 years in prison, with parole.”

The smug smiles on the Wang's were wiped off while the blonde lawyer looked relieved. And as for Hyejeong, that floor was all she can look at.

--

"Shin Hyejeong, you have a visitor." The said girl was brought to a room to meet the unexpected visitor. The guar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter