Rushing For Time (One-Shot)

Rushing For Time

Jiyong hand was holding onto mine very tightly and that provided a great deal of comfort. I felt my heart pounding as I shift nervously in my seat. We were in the consultation room with the doctor, nervously waiting for the doctor to set up the ultrasound machine.

I closed my eyes and thought about the time that I broke the news to him. “Jiyong?” I had called out for him in a shaky voice from the bathroom 

“mmm?” he hummed in reply.

“Can you come here pl..please?” my voice cracked as I struggled to hold back my sob. My heart was pounding extremely fast and I had a billion thoughts going through my head.

“Why??? Coming” Jiyong replied, urgency evident in his voice.

As he came into the bathroom and saw me sitting on the floor crying, he immediately bent down and cupped my face in his hand caringly. “What’s wrong dear? Why are you crying? Wh…..” as he was cut off halfway into his sentence as his eyes land on what I was holding on to. He took it and compared it with the box. “Positive?” he asked, eyes wide.

I couldn’t reply him, as my voice cracked again, and just nodded. More tears were now streaming down my face. 

“Is this why you are crying?” Jiyong asked and I nodded yet again, still sobbing. “Silly! Dear why are you crying because of this?” he lean closer and pulled me into a hug. “Come lets, sit on the bed” before he scooped me up into his arms and carried me onto the bed. He took my hand and placed his hand right beside it, raising our hands up in front of my face. “Remember this promise ring?” Through my tears, I could see it, although a little blurry. I nodded in response. He had given it to me 6momths into our relationship. “We have been together for 10 months now. I promised you I would be here, no matter what happened. And I also said that I want to spend the rest of my life with you.” He paused, looking at me to make sure that I was listening. I nodded softly to indicate just that. “It does not change, I love you. And I love our baby too”

“Really? What about your career? And your fans?” I replied, voice anxious and my eyebrows creased.

“Stop. We will go through this one step at a time. And what about my career or fans? I love you and I would do anything to spend the rest of my life with you regardless of what they say” Jiyong said firmly but reassuringly. “Marry me?” Jiyong asked, holding onto a paper rose and a paper ring as you turned to face him. Apparently he had been preparing for this moment ever since he started fiddling with the paper. Tears in my eyes, I nodded vigorously. “Yes” as he slipped the ring into my hand and showed me the one on his finger. We giggled and hugged each other tighter than ever. 

_______________________________________________________________________

Step by step it was. Today was the first step: Confirming the pregnancy.

"Please lie down here” the doctor instructed gently. I stood up and took a deep breath, shivering a little. Jiyong was still holding on to my hand, tighter than ever, as he followed me to the examination table.

“The gel will be a little cold” the doctor warned. I nodded my head and prepared myself for the cool feeling of the gel over my lower abdomen. As the doctor fiddled with the machine around my abdomen, I closed my eyes. Half wishing that the pregnancy test was wrong. I wanted a baby with Jiyong, but not now.

“There, look. That’s your baby’s face. And I think…. As he moved the machine, there’s another! You are having twins!” The doctor exclaimed.

“Tw…twins?!” I blurted out as feeling of anxiety enveloped me. Not just a baby by twins?! I felt Jiyong hand tighten as well, probably surprised by the news. But as I turn to look at the monitor and as I saw my baby face, I couldn’t help but smile. This was our baby. Made by Jiyong and me. Tears rolled down my face but this time round, these are tears of happiness. I turned and looked at Jiyong who was still staring at the monitor. He too, had tears streaming down his face.

“Our baby. Ours” he said, smiling at me. I nodded. “Yes ours” as I smiled back and squeeze his hand even tighter.

The following month that went by was a total mess. We had to break the news first to the big bang members, then to Mr Yang and our families. Calling it busy was an understatement; it was very hectic as we rushed for the time to get married before the budge on my stomach grew too obvious.

However, the support and response that we received from the people around us was unbelievable. It eased all the feelings that we had. Just before telling everyone the news, we had stayed up so late, going through our plans for the breaking of news, wedding, etc. Which was totally unnecessary. 

Mr Yang was more than pleased with hearing the news and came up with an elaborate plan on how to release the information in a way that the fans would react positively. Both our parents were supportive and in fact so happy that we are finally going to get married. Even my once conservative dad had expressed his happiness at the fact that I finally found someone I want to settle down with. 

The big bang members proved themselves to be family. They had been sticking around the entire month, volunteering to help us with this and that. Most of the time playfully quarrelling on who should be the first godfather based on the things they did for us. Seungri had even gone out at midnight to purchase the food that I was craving. That did not stop there though; they extended their help for the wedding and split the tasks among themselves, fully aware that we both were already having a very hectic time. Big Seunghyun agreeed to take care of the decor, Seungri for the emcee and flow of events, Daesung and Youngbae for the reception and invitation of guest. As they were settling the wedding, it eased a lot of stress from us.

_______________________________________________________________________

As the bigbang members busy themselves around the house, mostly fooling around, I heard a loud sound and then total darkness. “Jiyong? I think we have a blackout…” I stopped midway in my sentence as I felt one of Jiyong hand holding onto my hand and another to my waist. “Close your eyes. Don’t open them” he whispered. I felt something cold slide up my finger before I was helped upwards and brought somewhere. “Okay you can open your eyes now.

I opened my eyes and gasp at what I saw. The entire room now spotted a colourful animal design and there were two cots placed side by side. The side of the room placed a comfortable lounge chair with intricate design.

“For our baby” Jiyong said smilling. Behind him, you could see Youngbae filming and the rest of the members holding onto large bouquet of roses.Tears started accumulating in my eyes as I reached into a hug.

“KISS KISS KISS” Seungri shouted, only to be smacked in the head by Big Seunghyun. The entire group erupted into laughter and you whispered in Jiyong’s ears “I love you, daddy of our child”

“This is a nice chair right???” Big Seunghyun had commented while admiring the chair. Causing the rest of us to burst into laughter. He and his chair obsession was something all of us about.

“I can’t believe this day is finally here!” Jiyong said, as we stand there, facing each other. “I love you so much” I said. “I don’t even know how many times have I said that”

“Thank you my babies” Jiyong replied while caressing your abdomen.

_______________________________________________________________________

As the date of the wedding was confirmed, Mr Yang broke the news to the public, YG style, giving teasers before releasing a highly edited and short clip of Jiyong in an interview saying that he would like to get married tomorrow and ending with him proposing to me.

He also released a long public statement urging the fans to support me.

The VIPS were way more supportive than I had imagined, proving to be the best fans in the world. Seeing the way they reacted at Jiyong pass scandal, I was feeling rather afraid the day before. But coming home from YG and seeing banners, photos, videos of VIP wishing Jiyong and me “congratulation”, “stay healthy”, “take care” made me felt very touched. Jiyong haven’t been prouder of VIPs and even posted a “thank you VIPs, you are my everything” image on his social media.

VIPs supportive, venue booked, dress and suit ordered, invitations sent. What else could go wrong?

_______________________________________________________________________

The day of the wedding came. Thankfully there were so many people around to help us out. It had been less than a month since I knew I was pregnant. The YG stylist and make up artists have volunteered to dress both of us up, so that was one less worry. Our bigbang family was more reliable than ever, different from their usual playful self as they handled the whole wedding with amazing precision.

The guests were here. Everything was ready. All that is left now is for both of us to grace the ceremony.

My heart pounded. My breathing increased.

The music played. My father held me by my arms to the aisle. Jiyong stood at the end, looking more dashing than ever. Everyone stood up and clapped. Big bang members were also standing at the far end of the huge crowd. I took a deep breath and began my first step. Mind completely focused on smiling and walking.

As I was reaching where Jiyong was standing, the stairs that we were on creaked very loudly and a loud sound was heard. I felt my father and I lost our balance as the steps gave way below us. The crowd gasped in fear and Jiyong ran towards us. I looked around in shock and saw my father on the floor beside me, but he immediately bend over and asked if I was okay. I nodded in shock as Jiyong carried me out of the broken pieces of wood that was once the stairs.

“Are you okay?” he asked, face full of concern.

I examined myself, felt my tummy and nodded. “I am fine. Yes I am okay”. Relief washed over Jiyong face as he helped me into a standing position. I grimaced as I placed weight onto my right foot. “What’s wrong?” panic obvious in his voice.

“I think I sprain my foot” I replied. Again, relief washed over Jiyong face. In one motion, he scooped me up into his arm and began to walk towards the main stage. Before facing the wedding solemniser and flashing his signature gummy smile.

“She is alright! We will continue the ceremony like that!” Seungri said towards the crowd. Everyone broke into laughter and began to resettle into their seats.

“I, ____, take you, ____, to be my lawfully wedded(husband/wife), to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.”

We repeated the vows, exchanged rings with the help of Youngbae as Jiyong was still carrying me and kissed.

After the ceremony, Jiyong proceeded to carry me back to the waiting room to change into another dress for the evening.

“Ya, are you going to put me down?” I asked in slight annoyance as he had refused to let go of me ever since just now.

“No. I am going to carry you FOREVER!!” he teased. “MY WIFE!!!!! SHE’S MY WIFE!!!! WE ARE HAVING TWINS” as he spin you around and screamed hysterically.

Suddenly his face grew serious and he declared “But first we are going to see a doctor” as he carried me to a black van