8:00am

The Lightning to my Thunder

 

 

 

 

There are many things Chanyeol loves about life; music, sunsets, cats, iceream, but none of them compare to waking up next to Jongdae. 

He opens his eyes to milky white skin reflecting the morning rays of sun that are outshined by the beauty of the small smile upon the lips before him. Plush, the colour of peach and no less sweet to taste. Chanyeol knows from experience. The corners of his mouth lift up, giving him a look of mischief and if you ask Chanyeol, it's very fitting of Jongdae. 

Soft, pale skin is contrasted by the dark lashes that caress and kiss it. Chanyeol's eyes gentle trace the lines of his lover's high cheekbones and he feels himself fall over again. He feels the way his breath had caught in his throat the first time he set eyes upon Jongdae, who was at the time a nameless and gorgeous stranger. He remembers the way his heart started beating rapidly when the stranger smiled; when the stranger smiled he felt tingles run down his body, as if fairies had sprinkled fairy dust all over him in that moment. In that moment time had stopped and Chanyeol was overwhelmed with the desire to love. To touch, to hold, to kiss, to treasure. 

Even now, Chanyeol looks at the man before him with nothing but adoration. Nothing but love for his hair that's been damaged by the use of copious amounts of product; love for his overly loud laugh that can be too much for most people, but Chanyeol feels something inside him ignite every time Jongdae's laugh fills the room. 

Chanyeol loves his stupid jokes and puns that only the two of them find funny. He loves the wrinkles at the corner of Jongdae's eyes and the dimple in his cheeks when he laughs so hard he can't breathe. He loves it even more when he's the cause of Jongdae's laughter. 

Tenderly, Chanyeol brought his hand up from under the covers and let it graze Jongdae's ear. Chanyeol's always been self sconcious of his ears but he thinks Jongdae's are beautiful. Their edges are smooth and they stick out just enough for it to suit his face, Chanyeol's always found it cute. He's always found Jongdae cute. 

The man under his fingertips stirs and Chanyeol touches the side of his face with less gentleness but with the same amount of love. He lightly his thumb across the smooth surface of Jongdae's cheek and said man leans into his touch, smile widening and opening his enchanting brown eyes. 

"G'morning," He slurs yet he still sounds like honey to Chanyeol. Sweet and irresistible. 

Chanyeol keeps his hand on Jongdae's cheek, who is now shifting closer to Chanyeol's chest and smiles back.

"Morning."