One

Maybe Tomorrow

This room indeed feels like home now. There lies his favorite guitar at the left corner near the door. Several photos are neatly hung at the top of his bed. The red-cased Ipod touch that keeps blasting his favorite music through day and night, and of course his favorite food of all time, ice cream. Everything is just felt so right, it does look like his room.

Sometimes I’d call Junho or Chansung, his favorite dongsaengs, to play around. I’m just afraid he’d feel lonely, with only me around. Though mostly Junho would object to come, making his business and work as number one reason, I know that deep inside he miss playing around with him too. He’s just afraid to think so, to face the truth.

“Cheonsa-ah..,” I turned my head, Junho’s thin voice ironically surprised me. He stood there, at the end of the door with a medium-sized brown box at his hand. He plastered a weak smile at his worn out face before finally closed the door and stepped his feet inside.

“What are you doing here ?” I asked him, confused, and slightly amazed by the fact that he finally decided to come here without me or Chansung pushing him first.

“Just dropping some old stuffs,” he replied her as his hands already busy unpacking the stuffs inside the box. His expression’s not that good. It’s dark, somehow mixed with anxiety and fear.

“I know, I mean why it has to be at this time ? 3 AM ? What’s wrong, Junho ?” I dragged my feet and sat beside him. Gently touching his shoulder, and asked him to tell me what’s wrong because obviously I could see that something’s wrong. I just couldn’t put my finger on it.

He turned around to my direction, for like five seconds stuttering around with his mouth. Maybe he’s trying to find the best way to answer my question. But instead of telling me the truth, he indeed lied again.

“Nah, nothing. Nothing’s wrong,” again, putting a fake smile, Junho continued to unpack the stuffs from his box.

“Look, we made this back when we were in high school,” he began to speak again, tried to move onto another subject. “And this..don’t be jealous, it’s the tie he wore when he had his first dance at the prom…,” continued Junho.

“..I don’t even understand why this tie ended up in my room,” he mumbled unclearly.

“Lee Junho, stop. Tell me, what’s bothering you,” I raised my tone a bit. It’s bold and sharp enough to make him stop though.

He hung his head low. I could really see him trying to hold back the tears that’s threatening to burst. Inhaling a deep breath, he started to tell me what happened earlier tonight.

“I got a bad dream..,” he paused.

“A bad..bad dream…,”

“What is that ?” I replied him with a small voice, but loud enough to be heard by Junho.

“It’s you..,”

“Me?”

“It’s you, crying….saying that he stops breathing,” Junho tried hard to answer it without breaking down, but he did break down. Recalling those dream must be really terrifying for him. Even for me, I felt a lump at my throat when I heard his story. What if those dream will soon turn into a reality ?

“What if he won’t make it ?” Junho buried his face onto his slightly-trembled hands.

“What if…,” he paused, tried to control his breath among that tremendous sobs.

He started cryng. And I can’t lie I myself felt tears started stung behind my both eyes, what if what Junho said was right ?

“He will not do this to us, Junho-ah…,” crimson tears started pouring down my cheeks. Even if I’m trying to comfort him, telling him and myself that everything’s gonna be okay. I can’t help but start thinking of what might happen in the future.

“It’s all my fault…,”

“No..it’s not..it isn’t your fault, Junho-ah..,” tried to be strong, holding back the tears, I gave Junho a hug and rubbed him at the shoulder.

“It’s not anyone’s fault ,” I kept whispering those words to him.

“It’s just a pure tragedy..,” I told him.

“If only I didn’t give him that call..If only I didn’t…,” I cut Junho off and let myself off the hug.

“STOP..just stop!”

I lost it. I couldn’t stand hearing him saying those stuffs. Ruining all my high-sky built hopes and everything.

“Jang Wooyoung won’t do that to me, Junho-ah. He won’t do that to all of us,”

“He’s going to wake up…maybe tomorrow, maybe the day after, maybe next month. But thing is, he’ll wake up,”