final

stupid people

She have no idea where or what she should begin with. His smile? His laughter? His voice? Staring at the boy in front of her she couldn’t help but feel her heart ache a little from knowing that he will never feel the same way she feel  for him.

Why? Because…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sojung ah, let’s go! Why are you standing there like a mannequin?”

“Let’s go, let’s go” Baekhyun chanted while tugging at her arms.

 

Because he only sees her as a friend.

 

Hiding her feelings once again, Sojung nodded her head and followed Baekhyun silently. She should stop this self-pity party, and with that thought Sojung forced a smile onto her face. The smile slowly turns into a genuine one when the boy beside her continues babbling about god knows what, something about dinner and date…?

Dinner and date?!

She turned her head so fast that she was a little surprise that she managed not to get a whipsplash.

“Date?!” Sojung shrieked, “Yah, BYUN BAEKHYUN!! I dare you to repeat what you just said.” Glaring angrily at her best friend, she felt her heart pang a little again.

Baekhyun smiled sheepishly, “I erm, set you up for a date tonight…?”

 

Her best friend aka her crush had just set her up on a date. Without telling her beforehand. She have no idea whether to cry from her broken heart or kill him as his best friend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Apparently the guy Baekhyun set her up with was someone called Kyungsoo from his vocal class.

“Hi, my name is Kyungsoo.”

“Hi, my name is Sojung.”

“…..”

“Did Baekhyun force you into this? Blackmail you or something?” Sojung asked curiously, seriously why would anyone agree to go on a blind date with her?

Kyungsoo let out a little laugh, “not really, I was actually the one who asked him to do this.”

“You…?”

Nodding his head to answer her unfinished question he continues, “It’s just, I heard a lot about you from Baekhyun and I think we will make really good friends.”

 

 

 

And he was right, they do click well. Really well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun was lying on his bed waiting for Sojung’s call when she barged into his room with a smile on her face.

“So I take it that the date went well?”

How can it not go well when she’s smiling like she just won the lottery you idiot.

Sojung turned to Baekhyun and gave him a stink eye, “you better be glad Kyungsoo was the one you set me up with, otherwise you would have been dead by now.”

Why does it feel like he’d rather be six feet under the ground when his best friend just told him her date went well?

Deciding to ignore the strange feeling, he grinned and proceeded to annoy the hell out of Sojung by teasing her.

“Your mouth looked like it was gonna split open when you first entered the room,” he paused to duck out of the way of Sojung’s fist before continuing, “looks like someone had a lot of fun huh?”

Sojung really wants to punch the idiot in the face, really? Was it really necessary for him to make that suggestive face while teasing her?

Rolling her eyes she turned away and begin to arrange Baekhyun’s table, why is his table always so messy? He don’t even study for goodness sake.

“Don’t ignore me~” Baekhyun whined when Sojung’s attention was no longer with him but with his desk. Is his desk really more interesting than him, he thought while unconsciously pouting.

Baekhyun decided that enough was enough when after five minutes of desk rearranging has passed, he needs his best friend’s attention. He is Sojung’s best friend not his desk!

Okay, you have to admit that sounded really dumb.

Pulling Sojung down onto his bed, he scooted close to her until there was practically no space left between them before throwing his arms around her shoulder. Yes, cuddling with his best friend that’s more like it.

Baekhyun sighed in contentment and snuggled closer when Sojung adjusted herself so that she can be in a more comfortable position.

Seriously, why are you doing this to me, Sojung thought in despair as she felt the boy’s arms around her tighten as he falls into a deep slumber.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sojung was not kidding when she told Baekhyun the date with Kyungsoo went well because Baekhyun found the latter joining them for lunch the very next day.

“This binary stuff you told me about yesterday…”

And the two began talking about binaries and all that leaving Baekhyun to feel like a third wheel. He stared at the scene in front of him and felt the strange feeling coming back again, what is this feeling?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sojung spent the next few days hanging out with Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So when are you planning to confess to Baekhyun?”

Sojung choked on her drink and spluttered while looking around for a tissue before Kyungsoo handed her one.

Dabbing her face, red face, she mumbled out a what are you talking about.

Kyungsoo gave her a pointed look seemingly to say, are you kidding me?

Sojung shook her head in despair, “you don’t understand, we’re best friends. Just best friends…”

“But you want to be more.”

“He don’t.”

“You’re stupid.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan was not amused. How can he be when he have a whining puppy rolling in his bed?

“Will you please shut up?”

Baekhyun sat up and stared at Luhan with his puppy eyes, “but hyuuuuuuung, Sojung is with Kyungsoo again and I keep having this strange feeling whenever I see them together.”

Is this a miracle? Baekhyun, Byun Baekhyun did he finally realise that he is in love with his best friend after ages?

“Strange feeling? Describe them to me, maybe I can help you with it.”

Brightening up alittle, Baekhyun nodded and began to describe these ‘strange feelings’.

Idiot that’s called being jealous.

 

“You know the Sojung smile? The one that can cure even the terminally ill patients? Whenever I see her flashing that smile for Kyungsoo I just want to cover up his eyes.”

“Whenever she starts talking about how well they click together I have the urge to yell WE CLICK BETTER TOGETHER

“All I want to do is shove Kyungsoo away and dump my own seaweed larvae onto Sojung’s plate when he does it because you know how much she loves those larvae.”

“So hyung, tell me why am I…..” Baekhyun trailed off when he finally realises something. He likes Sojung, as a man. He’s in love with Sojung.

A smirk graced Luhan’s face when Baekhyun trailed off suddenly, oh wow you will never know how creepy a smirking Luhan looks.

“Hyung.”

“I’m in love with Sojung.”

“I’m in love with Sojung.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Gotta go hyung, THANKS” with that Baekhyun dashed off towards Sojung’s house.

He’s in love with Sojung.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sojung sat cross-legged on her bedroom floor thinking over what Kyungsoo had said before they parted,

“Tell him, trust me. The best way to deal the matters of heart is to let the other person know.”

But… What will happen to their friendship if Baekhyun rejects her? She is not ready to lose this friendship, not yet.

Sighing, Sojung shook her head and pushed the thought of confessing to the back of her mind, nahh I should….. who the hell is knocking on her door at this hour?

She walked down the stairs and opened the door to reveal

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun…?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Han Sojung, I know this is really sudden and I might ruin our friendship forever for saying this but I love you.” He took a deep breath and looked up straight into her eyes, “I love you and I thin---“

“I love you too.”

The smile that appeared on Baekhyun’s face right after Sojung’s confession was so bright it was like the sun the rised once again, only this time it was during the night.

“Y-you do?” Grinning like an idiot he took a step forward, “you really do?”

Sojung tried to fight the blush on her face as she gave a timid nod, “yeah, for a while now…”

“I think I have been in love with you for a while now too, difference being me not realising it as soon as you did.” He took another step forward, “Will you be my girlfriend?”

“Yes.”

Another step forward.

“Come here my sojung han sojung,” Baekhyun sang lovingly as he opened his arms wide open,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Only to get punched in the stomach by Sojung for making that terrible terrible pun.

 

 

“Stop making gross puns please,” Sojung words came out muffled as she buried her face into Baekhyun’s chest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Please, you know you love it.” 

 

 

 

And she does, she really does. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*sojung's name is han sojung and precious in korean is sojung han, hence baekhyun was making a pun with her name by calling her precious sojung."