final.

Valentine's Day?

Here’s something you didn’t know about me. I absolutely despise Valentine’s Day. Everything is like from the movies; it’s so cliche, I almost throw up every time I think about this day. Almost. Every time I go somewhere on Valentine’s Day, I see cute- couples and lovey-dovey banners and pink gooey hearts everywhere. And I mean everywhere.

 

Once, on Valentine’s Day, I walked out to the grocery store near me, and what happened? There were 2 cashiers, in one space. Like, um, if you’re going to cuddle at work, it’s obviously not work anymore. Just go home, for god sakes!

 

Another time, 2 years ago, Valentine’s Day happened to be on a Friday. And what does that mean? School couples, everywhere. Kissing in the halls, cuddling in the classrooms, holding hands during break, even um doing the um er nasty, are a few of the disgusting things that happen during school. And there’s always those carnations. Carnations, carnations. Only the popular people get carnations. It isn’t even a day where completely awEsOmE people like mE gets flowers.

 

What’s so special about Valentine’s Day? Why is Valentine’s Day so important? Shouldn’t couples show their love to each other every single day? Why do they emphasize it on Valentine’s day? So they can “go with the flow” and feel included with all the mushy dushy humpty dumpty lovey gooey ew ew ew things?

 

Unfortunately, Valentine’s Day occurs every single year.

 

Valentine’s Day is when my heart hurts.

 

And what is actually sad, is that I seem to be the only “single pringle” in school. Every single person is in a pair, a couple, a set of cuteness. Maybe that’s why I despise Valentine’s Day, or also known as “single-awareness day”.

 

However, something unusual happened today.

 

Jeon Jungkook, or the most popular boy in school, talked to me.

 

Who was Jeon Jungkook exactly?

 

Well, Jeon Jungkook was, no, is, the literal definition of perfection. God-given looks, sparkling yet clear eyes, a chiseled nose, a sharp jawline, a toned body, veiny arms, you name it, he has it. And his lips were as smooth as silk and pink as strawberry. And his voice was so soothing. And his singing is how I imagine heaven to be like. And his dancing is wonderfully executed, every move on beat, and sharp, yet flowy. And he’s so social; he has so many friends ugh. And his friends are all good looking too. And his arms are just perfect. Just right. Muscular, yet skinny. Don’t even get me started on his grades. They are on point, like, 4.5 GPA. Like, the highest in the school? How is he even possible?

 

Gosh, this is so cliche, ugh, I’m disgusted with myself. As you can tell, I may or may not have a crush on this piece of . And I use the term “piece of ”, as “a god that I can never have and will never like me”.

 

But to be honest, I’m sure no one knows that I like him. My best friend, Taehyung, doesn’t even notice it, I think (?), even though he occasionally gives me weird glances when he sees me giving “heart-eyes” to Jungkook.

 

Although Taehyung is my best friend, he’s also Jungkook’s best friend. He’s probably closer to Jungkook than he is to me, albeit me knowing him for over 10 years, precisely 13 years and 7 months.

 

Anyways, back to my day today.

 

Taehyung walked up to me and gave me a note. Weirdly, it had hearts all over it, pink, red, and all of those gucky colors in between. It said, “Hi, darling. How’s your day today?”

 

I gave Taehyung a weird glance. “Um, I’m fine.”

 

The kid gave me another heart-covered note. “I heard you don’t like Valentine’s Day.”

 

“Well no Sherlock, shouldn’t you already know this? Are you my best friend or not?” Once again, I give him my “what are you doing you already know all of this information stop being so ing weird you ” look.

 

He passes over another note. This time, it says, “I want to change that.”

 

What the ? What the actual , Kim Taehyung? Are you high? I give him my “you ing stop playing with me dumbo i know this is a prank” look.

 

The next note is placed on my desk. “I’m not sure if you know me, but I definitely know you.”

 

This doesn’t seem like it’s from Taehyung. Perhaps ‘from one of my classmates? I look around to see if anyone is passing notes. Contrary to my thoughts, everyone is busy working on their homework.

 

The next one simply states, “If you want to see who I am, come to the rooftop today after school”.

 

Well, this was probably the most interesting note out of all of them. What was weird, was that they were all the same paper, although it was paper I had never seen before. They were all pink, with a frame with various heart shapes and whatnot.

 

I put the notes in my binder, and said, “Taehyung, i swear, is this a prank?”

 

“No. I think this person is serious about you.”

 

This person seems like a stalker? “I’m not sure if you know me, but I definitely know you.” Those words were etched in my mind throughout the day, through my gross geometry, nasty english, poopy p.e., horrible history, dorkestra, and ty science.

 

At last, came the end of the school day. I slowly put my belongings into my bag, and started walking towards the rooftop.

 

Should I go to the rooftop? What if the person is a stalker? What if this is a prank? What if someone tries to murder me on the way there? What if it’s a ert? Should I not go to the rooftop? What are the benefits to this little visit? What are the disadvantages to this walk?

 

If I go to the rooftop and the person is a stalker, then I’m doomed.

If this is a prank, I’m gonna throw Taehyung into outer space and into Kriscasso’s world.

If someone tries to murder me on the way there, then I won’t have to do homework (hEll yeah)!

If the person is a ert, I’ll throw out my amazing kick- karate moves that I learned from that hella awesome movie Kung Fu Hustle.

If I don’t go to the rooftop, then I won’t find out who the person is.

If I do go to the rooftop, then I’ll find out who it is, and possibly have to murder Taehyung.

And if no one shows up, then fine. I obviously didn’t care for this anyway (hAh lies to myself).

 

My hesitation slowed my down, but I continued walking towards my destination.

 

I had never been to the rooftop, and that scared me.

 

When I got there, the view was amazing. The clear, blue sky was aesthetically pleasing to my eyes, and the clouds were even shaped in hearts. Was the sky even coordinated with Valentine’s Day?

 

Turning around, I saw someone. He had a broad back, and his backpack was similar to mine. His hair was slightly tousled, yet neat.

 

“Excuse me? Are you the person who sent me notes?” I asked, voice slightly shaking.

 

He turned around, and my heart started beating. Jeon Jungkook was standing in front of me, and I had no idea what to say. My fingers were trembling, and my stomach churned with butterflies. I had never felt this feeling before, and I was terrified.

 

“Hi, I’m Jeon Jungkook. I’m a senior, just like you, and I’m not sure if you know me, or even heard of me.” He was looking directly at me, oh my gosh the jeon jungkook is looking at me what do i do. But his statement was such bull, of course I’ve heard of him. Who hasn’t heard of Jeon Jungkook?

 

“I’ve been keeping tabs on you for a while, and even though this sort of sounds creepy because we haven’t properly talked before, I think you’re cute. D-Don’t get me wr-wrong, I swear I’m not a stalker.” His stuttering is so cute what do i do oh my gosh he’s actually talking to me um ah agh.

 

“But, we have a mutual friend. Kim Taehyung. I’m sure you know him, since you’re here right now, b-but, I-I, just wanted to ask you if you wanted to go on a date with me, you know, get to know each other better.” He looked down at the floor, twisting and untwisting his thumbs together.

 

Never have I thought he looked so cute. That’s a pretty big statement, since I spent a lot of time staring at him during break and lunch (oops).

 

“Is this a dare?” My cautiousness came through.

 

“N-no, of course not! I actually really like you, and wanted to know if we could hang out sometime, get to know each other better? I’m really sorry this is really cl-cliche too.” He was so shy about it, I just wanted to hug him. Even though we never properly had a conversation.

 

“Why not? Since you seem pretty sincere, we can give it a try.” I tried to play it cool, but my burning face surely gave it away. The way he looked up and smiled his breathtaking smile made me want to take out a camera and capture the moment.

 

And this is why I don’t absolutely despise Valentine’s Day anymore. Because a miracle happened today, and I’m not sure how it even happened, but all I know is I like Jeon Jungkook. A lot.

 

-done-

 

Words: 1600

 


 

Hi. I'm terribly sorry for this monstrosity of a oneshot, but my friend forced me to post it, so here it is!

It was originally written on my feelings, since I actually don't really like Valentine's Day (oops don't kill me), but I decided to make it fluffy and gooey and mushy and ew ew ew sorry to whoever reads this.

Yes, it's terribly cliche, but that's because I have like, no creativity, whatsoever.

Thanks for reading!