Chapter 1

A Piano Song For You

Chapter 1

 

 

 

 

 

My vision was blurry... I couldn't see clearly. The fog was starting to blind me. I’m so cold...so cold that I was shivering. My lips are frozen dry and my eyes are wet . I feel like my eyeballs would pop out of my head any minute. Where am I ? I stepped onto the dirty red crusty brick road that was in front of me. It was the only road  I saw for miles. Strangely the only road I saw. I was running from what I felt like for miles passing by the forest and I happen to fall upon this road. I turned back to look at the mud I had just lift my feet off from.

My shoes and pants was covered in mud . Literally my whole body. No matter how much I wiped the dirt it keeps reappearing neverending making me frustrated. Beads of sweat falling down my temples. I've been walking out here for so long  in the grey dim light.. I need some water. It's been ages since i drank water. My lips were cracked and bleeding from being so dry. I can taste the blood dripping into my mouth as I part my lips gasping for air. It's like sweet bitter metal… Looking down at myself I felt so filthy...so disgusting.

I've been walking in circles for a while. I keep getting confused. All the trees looked the same to me . I’m just slightly happy that I made progress..I looked out faraway straight ahead squinting my eyes focusing on one part. I was in front of some town?...I started moving towards from what I saw that looks like a town. I kept following the road hoping I'll find some people.  Hopefully I'll find help . I've been lost for a while...a long while.

I tasted blood ...It was dripping down my face towards my lips . I must of gotten cut when I slipped back over there at the tree roots. Carefully I wiped the blood stains and wiped my face before placing my hand on the side of my trying to slow the bleeding . For a long time I was being chased from a small bloody...how do i even say this ?...I was chased by someone or something. I don’t know and I don’t want to know...I never took a good look at it . Its face was too terrifying I couldn't even look at it. It looked so deformed you couldn’t even tell what it was. The mysterious silhouette scared me so much - I can still hear its screeching cry of pain. The high pitched noise shocked my whole body sending electric waves down my body.

" UGH...agrhhh...haa...ha..ugh..keke."

No... Its coming...it’s coming to me...I need to go now. It can smell me because it's laughing, it knows where I am...I can hear its hard pants coming closer and closer. The rustling leaves scaring me even more.The adrenaline rushing through my veins so fast I feel like I'll explode. Please let there be some one here...save me. I’ll do anything.

I was still alone in between the woods on the road . The air was still wet and foggy. The air was thick and musty . The place reeked death all over. The sick  smell makes me want to vomit. It was unbelievable on how dark the sky was. So bitter and dark.  It felt forever... I felt as if I never reach anywhere. I kept walking for a long while  until I reach the town… Why does it feel like the town was moving further and further back as i move towards it?

I stepped on the now dirt road . Which was confusing. There should be a cement road...well I feel like there should be one..I’ve seen one before. There was many buildings shops, businesses, hotels.. .many buildings. It seems that the buildings were around near the same period . What period was this? Did I jump back in time? it seemed so familiar but so unfamiliar..I’m getting confused. How is this possible? It feels too real to be a dream.

The thick air increase as I stepped farther into the town. It was so stifling I felt as if the oxygen was away disappearing from my lungs. I smelled rotting corpses as I passed the empty buildings...Noticing an empty building with a ripped out door. I knew it would be bad idea but I still needed to check. I moved in closer and peeked at the opened doors of the buildings . It was dark but I could still see inside.

“What is this ?...” I widened my eyes in shock. At this moment I just regretted looking into this.

There infront of me I saw many of the forgotten ones sprawled across the the dirt not even put at rest. What happened?... All these people are dead. The bodies have missing limbs and heads. The gore just gives me nightmares. It doesn’t look real so unbelieveable it puts you in a state of shock. Did someone kill them all? It scares me to even think about it. Worst of all...all these faces. I feel like I’ve seen them before...I closed my eyes and avoided looking into any more places. My heart melted in fear and my limbs grew weak. I was afraid. I wanted to get out of here. I won't stay to find out.

Forcing myself to go straight even though my heart shook in fear. My lips trembling making me look like a fragile child. I was afraid if I stayed longer I would end up like those people...gone. I didn't even know where I was heading. I'm just walking blindly . Wherever this road leads me I hope it's not like this. I don't want to die... yet. Just let me see light.

I think I can hear the thing screeching... its getting closer...I hear the clothes being rubbed up against the dirt...It's crawling. Please don't find me. I can't even run any more I was limping in pain. Just leave me alone! What did I ever do to you?!

I gasped jumping in horror as I bumped into a lump on the street.

I looked down and saw a corpse right in front  of me- the thing wasn't rotting... It was just freshly killed ... It was a body of a man around his 20s. The owner's face was clawed  off violently. Looking closely you can see the claw marks that dug deeply into the flesh. Surrounding the body was a large pool of blood. The blood seemed to have came out of his opened chest . His chest was brutally ripped apart exposing the insides. The guts hung like ornaments around his opened chest. The only thing was missing was his heart...I can't believe I'm seeing this...

Continuing to walk I found myself walking to a lighter side of this place. The sun light shown up brighter .The thickness in the air decreased . I can breath better now. The dirt road changed to a cemented road . The cemented road continued rising higher going up hill. There was a house on the hill.

I spotted a large white gate . I carefully pushed it open stepping on the other side. There was a large garden it was full of many different types of flowers that I've never even seen before. It looked so peaceful....I think I knew where I was... It's the same place. I know this place... I've seen it many times…

But the thing was ...I just never got to see this part. The scent was familiar. I know this smell. Looking around I saw a large mansion like house at the end of the path leading to the door . The whole land was covered in flowers in different colors. Rainbows and pastel colors...You name it. How was there flowers here? The rest of town was dead. There was no running water anywhere. I couldn’t find any on my way here. Why is it this place still up standing? Is anyone here?... I slowly made my way to the large door. I knocked two times . I knew it was a bad idea but still I had to at least do something. I won’t give up.

" H-Hello?... Is anyone there? ...I'm lost.. And I need some help..." I stuttered looking into the house hopelessly. I knew I was taking a risk. Just minutes ago someone was killed I could be next...I froze in spot as I heard a rustle in the bushes behind me. No… It couldn’t be.

I quickly turned behind me. There at the end of the flower field stood a young girl.  She looked around 18. She had long dark brown hair that flowed down to her petite waist, soft clear pale face with big brown eyes and pink sweet lips. Her expression was so gentle. I felt flustered I suddenly felt embarrassed. She was wearing a light pink dress with long sleeves that hung just above her knees and A pastel braided flower crown decorated her head making her look so angelic . I was taken aback by her. She was so beautiful...

We stared at each other for a moment which it felt like it would last for an eternity. Her alluring aura captivating me completely. It took me time to build up the courage to speak. " Uhm..Excuse me.." I got down from the steps walking towards her carefully. " Hey do you-"

The color in her face turned pale her rosey cheeks drained away. She widened her eyes looking startled. Stepping back slowly, she turned and ran out from the flower fields . She was running off before I could even finish my sentence. I blinked confused seeing her strange reaction.

" Hey!" I called out.

She kept running not even turning around once to glance back.  Not knowing what to do I went after her. She ignored me and continued sprinting. Who was she ? Maybe she was also lost and alone too?... I thought to myself as I tried to keep up with her. What if we worked together?  We would find a way out of this?

“ Are you lost too ?” I shouted after her. She didn’t answer..“ I won’t hurt you!..” Maybe I was wrong.? I kept running after her.

" Mark! "

What?... I looked around hearing echoes of my name repeated many times. I hear the voices all around me. But no one was there...The girl was gone out of my sight by now. I lost her.

" Mark!"

Where is this noise coming from??

" Who's there?!" I asked.

" Mark!"

Ouch!..my arm . I suddenly felt a slap at my right arm. What is going on?!

" Yah-" I felt like I was being turned side to side. " Whaat?!" I yelled out frustrated. My vision blurred and the sky changed colors. I felt my head panging in pain like my brain was being split apart I moved my hands up and clenched my hair gripping on it. Whats happening??

" Yah Mark get up!"

" Huh?..." I felt hot rays of heat slowly burning my legs. I opened my eyes blinking a few times confused. I was in bed... I sat up rubbing my eyes ...so it was a dream...again. It was the same dream...I turned to my side  seeing an angry Jackson . Jackson was already dressed up for practice with his sweats and cap on backwards as always.

" Yah...Mark get up - do you know how long I've been trying to wake you up ??- Over 30 minutes!" Jackson bursted . “ It was more then that !”

I looked out the window , it's was already morning. I only closed my eyes for a brief second and the sun was already up glaring down at me.

" My breakfast is cold ! " He whined and smacked my arm.

" Sorry..." I mumbled as I rubbed my hot cheeks burnt by the sun. I was so exhausted from last nights practice that took hours. My legs are still sore from all those flips I was practicing. I looked down and sighed as I saw bruises on my ankles.

" Jaebum and the manger is angry ! Hurry up and get ready !" Jackson grabbed his jacket putting it on . He rolled up and walked out of the bedroom leaving me behind.

"..Yeah.." I slowly got up from my bed . I grabbed my towel and left into the bathroom to take a shower.

That was such a strange dream ... It's the same dream- its like it just keeps repeating over and over again the same one. It always starts where i'm lost and i'm desperately running from someone who is trying to kill me. Then I see her...just who is she? I've seen her many times in that dream but I just never got to know who she is. Everytime I try to approach her for help she runs away looking scared , I don't know why ... was I acting too creepy? All I wanted to do was ask for her help in the dream ...Everytime when I have a dream, people are blurry but why do I see her so clear , it's like seeing her in real life...was she trying to tell me something? Or show me something? Is the dream something symbolic that I was supposed to know ?

“It's just a stupid dream why am I thinking so much about it…” I sighed and ran my hands through my hair.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

First chapter ~ I'm not that good but I'm still practicing OTL I hoped you liked it~ Thankyou for reading! Please leave some comments c: