Final

Extraterrestrial
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The voice of the squeaky sound of the pen writing words on the white board accompanied with the sound of pages flipping and the mumbles of bored students filled Seolhyun's ears. It was another typical sunny day, where she has to rush late to her university just because a certain midget that happens to be her roommate decided to pull a prank and turn off her alarm clock – which explains her slightly tousled black hair.

The culprit, Mina, claimed that she will make it up to her, but Seolhyun doubted it looking at her friend's red face who is miserably trying to hold her laughter which, in Seolhyun's own humble opinion, looked like a dying cat. Eventually, her narrowed eyes that were shooting lasers at Mina got tired and so she decided to pay attention to the teacher and ignore the former's existence.

Truthfully, Seolhyun wasn't the best student out there. She preferred daydreaming about some cheesy romantic movies than holding a book and memorizing every letter inside of it. But if she wants to graduate, she has to survive her own war with these mischievous books. It is uncommon for a popular student like her to even care about what these books hold, but Seolhyun was a girl who couldn't care less about what others think about her.

Upon hearing the bell, students began to scramble out of the classroom and loud voices of students who were left erupted. As Seolhyun was ready to exit the classroom along with Mina she saw Jonghun, one of the university's jerks, bothering Hyejeong by snatching her book away from her, wearing an amused expression while looking at Hyejeong's failed attempts in retrieving her book back.

A hand belonging to Seolhyun interrupted his amusement by snatching the book from him before he could notice her presence. He turned around to glare at her but got an innocent smile from Seolhyun as a reply.

"Why don't you bother those who are in your size instead of those who are weaker than you, or is it that you're a scaredy cat?"

Muffled giggles came out of the students who were still inside the classroom watching the scene in front of them while Jonghun hissed at them before leaving the room muttering incoherent words under his breath. 

Seolhyun turned to Hyejeong extending her hand that is holding the book for Hyejeong to take it. The said girl stared at the book for a second before she slightly bowed and took the book. Her fingers came in contact with Seolhyun's and the latter shivered by the sudden change in temperature.

Cold..

"Th-thank you" Hyejeong stuttered flashing an awkward smile before rushing out of the room as well.

"Why is she always a stuttering mess? Didn't she at least get accustomed with you based on the many times you acted as her knight in shining armor?" Mina clicked her tongue with folded arms, but she got ignored again by Seolhyun who was looking outside of the windows in confusion.

"Mina, we are in Summer, right?" 

"If you're not melting from the burning sun already then you are weird my friend."

Seolhyun shrugged away her thoughts and followed Mina to the canteen having enough of her friend's whines about how she is able to swallow 4 fried chickens in a second right now due to her hungry stomach.

Shin Hyejeong was known to be the most awkward person that ever existed. No student has ever heard her form a complete sentence without stuttering a hundred times or smiling awkwardly. She always isolates herself based on the students' conclusion who rarely saw her after classes ends. Most of them would often make fun of her or bully her for no particular reason. Seolhyun, being the kind girl she is, would come to the rescue most of the times claiming that 'she hates seeing vulnerable people being bothered by jerks'. And even then, Hyejeong would distance herself from everybody including Seolhyun.

And Seolhyun has always wondered why.

-

Walking around campus in the middle of the night was never a good idea, but Seolhyun didn't have a choice since she had to visit the library to work on her project, and the journey back to her dorm suddenly felt long. The dark cold atmosphere made Seolhyun shiver, and the fact that it was really quiet made it worse. She always preferred loud places rather than those creepy quiet ones where you start to hallucinate a serial killer walking right behind you. Although Seolhyun hated to admit it, but she was someone who gets scared easily, especially when she's all alone. 

She halted her steps the moment she thought she heard a sound coming from behind. Her ears perked up at the sound of faint steps and her heart fiercely banged against her rib cage, feeling her blood running cold.

"Calm down Kim Seolhyun, it's only your mind that is playing tricks on you. You're not going to get killed today." The black-haired girl quietly whispered to herself as she continued her steps, only to find herself walking faster and faster to the point of running as the sound of steps returned.

She hissed in pain when she found herself pushed aggressively against a nearby wall. The feeling of another body standing too close to her only added more terror to the already terrified girl and it was suddenly too hard to breathe. The masculine scent that penetrated her nose forced her to open her eyes and see the culprit, although it was a little hard to see due to darkness.

"J-Jonghun?!" To say that Seolhyun was utterly stunned was a total understandment. She was too surprised and frightened to speak. Questions like why filled her speechless mind.

The said man only gave a smirk with a glint of ill intentions in his eyes, and it formed a heavy lump in Seolhyun's throat.

"Did you really think I will let you off after you humiliated me in front of everybody? It's only fair to let you taste your own treatment, isn't it?" He whispered the last sentence near Seolhyun's left ear who felt nausea running through her stomach.

"Let me go!" She mustered up all her courage and pushed him away while shouting loudly hoping for someone to hear. The pain she felt when he pushed her harshly for the second time against the wall made her feel like something broke in her backbone, her knees felt weak and she dropped to the ground whimpering in pain.

Out of no where, something was gently thrown over her head covering her vision and a hand dragged her a little farther from where Jonghun was standing. She shivered at the feeling of an unfamiliar yet soft hands grabbing hers.

Cold..

Before she can process anything, she felt another person's presence near her and heard a loud yelp of pain that belonged to Jonghun along with a loud startling sound of a push that held a huge amount of force.

"Don't you ing dare and lay a finger on her or you're dead, got it?" A dangerously low voice growled to what Seolhyun guessed was Jonghun. The voice made her freeze on her spot, it was totally unfamiliar to her yet there was something else about it that somehow made her feel safe.

She snapped out of her thoughts when she heard steps storming out of the place in panic and it was all quiet again. Her shaky hands slowly removed the strange material that was covering her face, finding absolutely no one near the area. Upon observation, the strange material was a black leather jacket and looked like it belonged to a.. girl. It smelled like cherry blossom and something else that Seolhyun couldn't identify.. something exotic. Yet the girl was very sure that she had smelled this scent many times before.

Deciding that she should hurry up to her dorm before someone else gives her another episode, she shakily got up and ran to her shelter. Meanwhile, the one who saved her and strangely sounded very protective over her never left her mind.

-

The next morning, Seolhyun tried to act like nothing has happened but it was very hard, she couldn't help but feel wary of her surroundings and spacing out.. a lot. It didn't fail to get noticed by her best friend who kept on throwing her worried glances and asking her what's wrong every once in a while but only gets a shake of head as a res

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter