Club Night

Drunken Stumbles

Closing your eyes may have spared you from the sight of those puppy dog eyes but it definitely didn’t help block out her shrill pleading. “You have to come! You CLEARLY aren’t processing what a pain in the it was to even get invited.” With a groan you threw yourself back to lay on your bed and pulled the pillow from behind your head to cover your face. Maybe you could smother yourself to death to escape this situation.

“Y/N, I had to up to my manager for weeks for this invite. He smells like bologna and his hands are sweaty all the time! I went to coffee with the human equivalent of Porky the Pig and he touched my face with his moist little sausage fingers. Now you’re saying you don’t wanna go?” Even muffled through the pillow you could hear the indignation in her voice. Letting the pillow slide off your face you sat back up to face her. She got up from her knees to pace around your room.

“Y/N, I suffered like this for you, for your birthday present, so if you don’t go you’re kind of an ; an who lets her friend’s face get fondled by a greasy, drooling, pig man all for nothing.” Sighing deeply you closed your eyes and pushed your hair back in frustration.

“You know I can’t dance though so I still don’t see why you went through all this trouble so we could go to a party at some club. I don’t even like clubs! All those sweaty people all packed together like a can of slimy sardines…”

Your friend stopped to turn back in your direction and face you with a huff. “If you would just listen to me you would know that the present part is the people that are going to be there! The party is for my manager’s sister’s birthday and she’s a stylist who works with a certain group and he told me that they were really good friends and they were going to be there! And besides, it’s not like the club is going to be full it’s a private party!” She grabbed onto your hands and pulled you to your feet and gave you what you’re sure she thought to be an adorable set of puppy eyes. “Y/N, it’ll be fun I promise! And even if they don’t show up it’s an open bar so we can hang out and drink for free and then go find something you want to do. Please. We’ve been in Korea for 2 months and you haven’t come out with me once!” Succumbing to the guilt trip she’d been laying on you for 40 minutes now you dropped your head in resignation.

“Fine, I’ll go…” Your friend pulled you into a hug and began shaking you in her excitement. “Okay okay okay I’m so excited oh my god! Well the party is tonight at 9 so we really need to get ready.” She stated before she scurried off into your bathroom.

Looking to the nightstand next to your bed you saw the red numbers glaring at you from the clock. “Dude it’s 7 o’clock!!” You yelled to her as you ran to your closet. “Then you better hurry up and get dressed!” She yelled back as she closed the door. Your hands paused their frantic searching as realization hit you, you shuffled to the door and cracked it to ask, “What group is this? I wanna know how much effort I’m gonna have to put in.”

The light coming from the door was blocked by her head as she stared at you through the crack. “Well, I can’t just tell you. It’s a surprise~” Her voice trailed off as she closed the door again with a mischievous giggle. Which definitely wasn’t a good sign. “You know, you laugh like a batman villain!” “Please, point out which villain giggles as cutely as me and I will personally set up a fan club.”

           Getting out of the cab in less than graceful fashion, as was your style, you stood on the sidewalk and stared at your friend while she strut her way over from the other side of the car.

“You would work this hard to get us invited to a club and not get the damn address.”

“Y/N, shut your face. We’re fashionably late. No one shows up on time to these things.” She retorted with a playful sneer. Her skin tight white sequin dress caught the light as she walked past you towards the doors and you made sure to stop and thank the cab driver for driving you and putting up with your friends lost and confused direction giving.

Turning towards the club your eyes scanned the large building and you could feel the bass of the music beat even from your spot on the sidewalk. Looking to the doors you saw flashing lights pour out of the doors behind your friend and you watched her show her phone to the bouncer and wave you over.

Looking down you tried to pull down the hem of the black dress you were wearing. The fitted skirt kept pulling up and the loose top section kept sliding off your shoulder. You had to fight your friend to let you wear the dress as it wasn’t ‘y’ enough but in the end your threats on her life settled the matter. You paused to take a deep breath to prepare yourself and took in a big ol’ whiff of that club air, pungent with body odor and copious amounts of perfume. Shaking off the dread that the idea of breathing this air for the next few hours brought you, you started towards the doors.

          While your friend was right about the club not being full it was still crowded as all hell and filled with people who looked like they popped out of their mothers ready for magazine covers. Looking to your friend you could see nothing but excitement on her face. This was definitely more her scene.

           True to her word your friend led you to the bar to get you both some drinks which you were grateful for. “So, how long are we going to be waiting for these mystery men to show up?” You half shouted to your friend, doing your best to be heard over the music. She scrolled through her phone absentmindedly before putting it away and responding, “I’m not sure actually. I just know that my manager swore they would be here. Let’s just get some drinks and wait!” Just as she finished her sentence the bartender glided over to your stools and set down a tray with two large drinks. “These are from the men at the end of the bar.” He told you with a smile. Your friend looked to the accused group, nodded her head in thanks and giggled. “See! Already getting attention~ this is going to be a good night I’m telling you! Cute boys buying us drinks when we just got here. It’s a good sign.” “It’s an open bar, numb nuts. They didn’t buy anything.” You stated before nodding in their direction.

“Alright well I’m curious. What kind of idols come to a party of non-celebrities? Isn’t that like dangerous to their image or whatever?” Your friend scoffed at your evidently ridiculous question before answering, “Everyone here is in the industry. It’s all people who work for the company. They aren’t going to say anything about a group of guys acting like every other person their age in a club.” Satisfied with her answer you took a sip of the drink, it was good so you drank it down in one go.

“Oh so it’s that kind of party? Alright, you’re on. Think I’m gonna get shown up by you? Hell no.” With a slight giggle you watched her down her drink as well. After about 40 minutes of talking, laughing, and drinking you could definitely feel the alcohol in your system and your trepidation about the club melted away in the warmth that was growing in your stomach. Soon enough your friend had you twisting and rocking side to side with her on the dance floor.

Losing yourself in the music and the waves crashing around in your head it wasn’t too hard to move in a way that could be misinterpreted as dancing. Before too long you felt someone come up behind you and dance in tune with your swaying. “Can I dance with you?” a husky whisper fanned across the side of your face thick with the smell of alcohol. In your inebriated state your mind took a moment to translate the Korean but soon you made the shift and responded. “I mean if you can keep up with my obvious dancing skills then sure.” You really hoped the sarcasm translated or he was going to be sorely disappointed. You heard what sounded like a breathy chuckle before the voice responded with, “I’m not the best dancer but I can try.”

He was close enough that you could feel his chest behind you but he seemed to be trying to keep a respectable distance even in his clearly drunken state. You both swayed your bodies to the music for the next two songs and you were amazed you had managed to dance this long without causing injury to yourself or the man pressed against you. Just as that thought went through your head, in proper karmic misfortune, you felt your feet stumble and you staggered off balance.

A pair of arms wrapped themselves around your waist to catch you and you regained your balance once more. “Are you okay?” The man’s deep voice brushed along your ear and sent a shiver down your spine as you became all too aware of the man’s large hands resting on your hips.

Now, you’ve always known you were prone to making mistakes of the overtly friendly nature when drinking but those were sober thoughts and now was not their time. Slowly you turned to face the man behind you and searched for his eyes. In the combination of dim lighting and being far too drunk for your own good all that was discernable was a set of pink lips. Raising your arms to rest your hands on his shoulders you lifted your face closer to his. Freezing when your lips brushed against his, the touch light and hesitant. In your pause you felt the hands on your hips tighten their grip just before the man lowered his face slightly and pressed his lips to your own. You ran your hands up from his shoulders and slid them up the sides of his neck to pull him closer and you felt him run one of his hands up your back to press your bodies together.  

After a few seconds you broke the kiss to catch your breath and as the song ended the DJ turned up the lights for a mood change and gave you your first clear look at your dancing partner. And you were sobered up in a fraction of a second. Looking back at you with a dopey smile was a face you’d seen a million times but only through screens.

 

“Oh my god.”

 

The dopey smile only got bigger at your reaction and his smile was now in all it’s square glory.

 

“Oh my god.”

 

The music started again and you were suddenly acutely aware that you were pressed against him in all sorts of inappropriate places. Looking back to his face you could see his eyes settle on your lips before leaning in to you again.

“Holy what is happening right now” You mumble before pulling away. Before you could turn away you felt him grab your hand. Pivoting back you saw his face twisted in slight confusion. “What’s wrong? Are you okay?” You could barely hear him over the music. “I’m gonna go to the bathroom. I’ll uh...return. Eventually.” You were definitely stuttering but to be fair you were pretty drunk AND it seems you were just making out with Kim Taehyung.

V smiled at your rambling. “Want me to walk you?” He smiled cheekily and leaned in to speak directly into your ear. “You don’t seem the most coordinated at the moment. Wouldn’t want some other guy to catch you when you fall again.” His lips were lightly grazing your ear and his voice was low and slightly slurred.

Closing your eyes tightly you tried your best not to pass out, telling yourself that this floor was absolutely disgusting and collapsing here would most definitely result in some form of viral illness or infection. You felt him pull away from you and opened your eyes to see him grinning but there was a definite pinkness to his ears. And all you could do was stare.

“Mhmm yeah I’m gonna go to the bathroom and uh...yeah that’s what I’m gonna do so...off I go...duty calls and all that.” Stumbling away from what was clearly your suavest moment you tried your best to figure out what the hell what going on.

“What the hell was in those drinks. Maybe I passed out and this is a drunken dream. Ohmygod what if I drank myself to death and now I’m in heaven…” Speed walking your way through the crowd, you were b lining it in no direction in particular. Reaching the edge of the crowd you walk straight into the nearest hallway. Staggering your way down the hallway you wondered to yourself who the hell designed this building and why they felt the need to make it so damn dark and long. Dragging your hands along the wall you felt your hand grasp the cool metal of a doorknob. Just as you began turning the knob you stopped to feel a hand lightly grab your elbow. “You know that’s a closet right? Bathroom is that way.” Turning your head you came face to face with Taehyung once more.

A sudden surge of panic overtook you as you twisted the knob, ran into the closet, shut the door in that adorably confused face, and slammed yourself against the door. “Holy he’s real.” You could hear him laughing on the other side of the door. “What are you doing?!” After receiving no response from you you felt him lean on the door and slide to the ground, his back to you.

“You’re okay right?” He asked you. It was clear he was still laughing but there was an edge of concern in the question. “My name is Taehyung by the way.”

“I know what your name is!” You shoot back exasperated. “I’ve got a poster of your face in my room for god’s sake I know what your name is!” You paused to lightly pound your fist against your chest to steady your heartbeat.

You heard him burst out laughing on the other side of the door. “Ohhh you’re a fan! That’s why you’re hiding?” He continued laughing.

“Yeah, see I can see how it’d be funny from your end but my heart damn near gave out a second ago so how about we don’t laugh at my near death experience just yet.”

More laughing from the hallway followed by, “Ah you’re so cute~”

Through the door you heard footsteps and another slightly familiar voice telling Taehyung something far louder than was necessary for a deserted hallway. Taking this chance to calm yourself and pull yourself together you yanked your phone out and sent an SOS text to your friend. She immediately texted back that she was heading your way.

“I have to go! Did you come with anyone? How are you getting home?” His concern was more noticeable now but you could still hear the smile in his voice. Boy was probably still drunk. “My friend is here. She’s coming to get me. You can go.” After a moment of silence you heard his voice again, this time softer and more hesitant. “You never told me your name, you know. I told you mine. Even though you already knew it.”

“Yeah see I just kissed a stranger, found out he was a member of my favorite group, freaked out a tad bit, and then locked myself in a dirty closet. I don’t know if I want to tell you my name.” His giggling could be heard before he stood up. Taehyung knocked on the door, “Your friend is here! I’m leaving now! Get home safe!”

“Yeah will do…”

You heard hushed voices and got off the floor to stand by the door and listen as best you could. Seconds later the door was jerked open to show your friend staring at you slack jawed. “How…the …did you end up locked in a closet hiding from your favorite member of your favorite group?!”

“Please don’t ask and just bring me home so I can die of shame.” Doing your best to avoid her onslaught of questions you managed to make it home alive and only partially conscious. Your friend having went silent long ago you both shuffled into your room and collapsed on your bed. Before slipping into a drunken sleep you heard your friend mumble sleepily, “Damn good birthday present I’d say...”

_________________________________________________________



           “Rude sun shining like that with no regard to how I’m feeling…” you grumbled as you waddled on your knees across your bed to close the blinds. Being woken up by the blinding light filtering through the cracks. Deciding that some water might make you feel less like a stale dish rag you rolled off your bed to the floor, grabbing your phone off the side table on your way, absentmindedly unlocking it to find a new message from an unknown number. Tapping in the passcode you clicked on the icon and damn near dropped the phone “I figured if you wouldn’t tell me your name you definitely weren’t going to tell me your number but I wanted to make sure you got home okay so I asked your friend for it. I like to take care of my fans after all. =D” Followed by another message. “Oh yeah and Happy Birthday, Y/N.”