❛❛ Prologue. ❜❜

대조법 [Antithesis]

In a place far, far away from the high-rise buildings and metropolitan states of countries which used to be home to grand kingdoms and rulers, hidden deep in the middle of nowhere and a strong eternal forcefield over the place stays Gwangjin Institute.

Founded approximately three centuries ago, it does not necessarily teach its students to excel academically but instead learn the valued virtue to live alongside. The headmasters over the three centuries have taught their students and always looked after those who seeked for eye-openers and enlightenments.

Not everybody in Gwangjin do not have special abilities; it would be a rare sight to see an ordinarily-bred human studying in the institute to learn about the way of life and how to pick themselves up when they fall down. Those with abilities had a jewelry with the pendant of their very first successor in Gwangjin and they were always taken care of as if they were their own.

For the very first time there was a student who became the successor of their very own ancestor in the twenty-first century with the name of Kim Jongin. Unfortunately he was not found in South Korea, or at least that was what the headmaster was told and he just went missing. Upon the debut of global hit Korean-Chinese boy group EXO, they thought that Kai's birthname and the student they had been searching for was a simple coincidence.

But no. They were wrong. He was the one whom they were looking for.

He was the One with the mental strength to bring the power out of the ones with the greatest abilities to bring down the darkness. The current headmaster was not paying attention well enough to what he thought he heard or saw but the darkness was seeping it small bit by small bit. He forgot the fact that the brighter the light shined, the darker the shadow.

"Welcome to Gwangjin Institute."