-final-

Little Sweet Talk

 

 

A| N:

My first attempt on KidsAU.

IDK. lol

 

-

 

Teacher Chen stands right in front of the kids in ruckus. The little munchkins are busy checking out each other’s costume. Some are kind enough to admire their classmates’ attires while some play evil by pulling out the garments, causing other kids to cry. The man asks them to keep quiet but they are unruly.  The decorations attached on the wall are now trampled down. The party has not started yet but the floor is already dirtied with mud from the kids’ shoes. Teacher Chen can only sigh and watch the little boys go ‘hysterical’. Fun for this bunch of boys is going crazy over small things they see.

 

Kim Kai, the tallest among the kids, appears at the doorway with big bear ears and a bear onesie. The other boys stop whatever they are doing and stare at him in awe. Feeling proud, Kai struts inside the room with a cheeky smile. Everyone is watching him except for one boy. The one Kai expects to admire his costume but is busy playing with Lego blocks in the corner: LuHan.

Mr. Bear loses his smile in a second.

Five-year old Baekhyun who is wearing a Donald Duck onesie, turns to Kyungsoo and whispers, “Look at Kai getting mad.” The other boy with his owl costume nods. “It’s because of Lu, right?”

“Yes, yes. Lu is not paying attention. Everyone knows that Kai likes Lu the most. Even Teacher Chen.”

“Teacher Chen knows?!”

Baekhyun quickly covers his friend’s mouth, “Hush! Yes. Teacher Chen knows but you don’t need to be so noisy about it!”

“Sorry,” the owl-boy apologizes with Baekhyun’s palm buried on his face.

 

Kai marches towards LuHan and sits on his heels. “Hey, Lulu. I am a bear. What do you think of my costume?” LuHan spares him a glance before going back to his toys. “You are a cute ladybug,” the other boy points out but received no response. Eventually, he shuts his mouth. LuHan is sitting on the floor with his ladybug costume, ignoring the commotion around him. He can be a loner sometimes. He enjoys playing with other kids, especially with Yixing and Xiumin who are his first friends. However, he gets tired of noise easily and prefers to play with his toys all by himself.  He likes talking about animals, especially insects. He is a smart boy who knows a lot about Science. His classmates admire him. Kai, in particular, develops a fondness towards this adorable boy.

Unlike LuHan who is good at school, Kai is not the one to study. He hates it. He just goes to school to play, see LuHan and stares at his beautiful face the entire day. Teacher Chen always calls his attention so there is a love-hate relationship between them. Kai’s closest friends are Suho, his six-year old cousin and Sehun, his five-year old neighbor. They all love to play videogames after school.

Like what Baekhyun said, all of them know about Kai’s little crush on Lulu. They sometimes tease the boy but stops right away when he throws them a threatening look. Little Lulu is clueless about it.

Teacher Chen calls the attention of the kids, asking them to behave for the party is about to begin. The boys return to their seats except for Kai and LuHan. “Kai-ah, Lulu, what are you doing there in the corner? Please sit down so we can start the party.”

LuHan stands up right away and slowly walks towards his chair. His costume is big and heavy, causing his head to sink. Only half of his face is visible. His arms and legs are wide apart from each other so it is difficult to move freely. Before he went to school, his mother reminded him to move cautiously so not trip over and hurt himself. Because he is an obedient son, he follows his mother’s words. Kai trails behind him and takes the empty seat next to LuHan. Suho (wearing a dog costume) and Sehun (wearing a wolf onesie) are snickering on their seats while watching Kai go after LuHan like a puppy.

Teacher Chen gives them his final instructions before he pops the big balloon as a cue for the party to start. The boys crowd on the table where candies and drinks are settled. The ones who are big enough to reach out were the first ones to get their servings of caramel cake and candy bars. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo try squeezing in but Sehun, being a brat that he is, pushes them away. Baekhyun crosses his arms and pouts, “Greedy Sehunnie!” Kyungsoo sees him and imitates his friend. “Greedy, greedy Sehunnie!”

Suho spots Kai looking around. He gives him two white candy bars, thinking that his cousin did not get his own. But the boy is not interested in candies and chocolates. He is searching around to find a certain ladybug. “Where is Lulu? He disappeared!”

Suho whips his head here and there to search for the boy. After a while, he turns to Kai and shakes his head. “Maybe he went home?”

“It can’t be!” Kai differs. “Lulu can’t go home yet! He can’t go out alone! It’s dangerous!”

 “What if a bad man steals Lulu and tickles him until he cries?” adds Suho, biting his fingers in fear. His older brother likes to do it whenever they play hide and seek and he loses. It is unbearable!

 Kai stomps his feet and shakes his head profusely, “No no no no no! No one can take away, Lulu! I need to find him now!”

Not long, he finds the LuHan in the playground, outside the classroom, swinging all by himself while munching his lollipop. His cute legs sticking out through his suit sways back and forth. “Lulu is so cute,” gushes Kai over the adorable sight. He has the urge to run and kiss the boy’s chubby cheeks that are as red as an apple.  

 

After seeing their friend drooling over the window, Sehun and Suho grin at each other and drag him out of the classroom. Kai stands in front of LuHan while shuffling his feet. He suddenly feels shy with only the two of them around. He does not look like a prince anymore. He is comparable to a puppy that needs affection.

“What is it?” asks LuHan.

 

“Uuhm… can I play with you, Lulu?”

 

LuHan chews the gummy lollipop and nods, “Okay.”

 

Kai beams, “Really? Thank you! I’m so happy!” He is jumping up and down in excitement.

This causes LuHan to step down from the swing and jumps cheerfully along with him. They are bouncing happily on the ground, dirtying their shoes and costume. Because LuHan is shorter, he has to look up to see Kai. They way his eyes glow, causes the latter to blush. His face and ears are beat red. Blame the fluttering lashes and the cute pouting lips that are glistening under the morning sky. Blame LuHan’s pretty face for it is the reason Kai’s heart slams against his chest. Doo-geun, doo-geun, it says.

When LuHan gets tired of jumping, he flops on the ground and searches for something to play. He sees a long string that is connected to a crumpled paper. “What is this?” he pipes. Kai thinks hard to answer his question. He has seen that thing before. His older cousins used to play with it at the beach when it is windy. LuHan is trying to unfold the paper to see what is inside. His tongue sticks out as he does it eagerly. “How to play this?” he asks himself.

“Ah! I know! That is a kite!” Kai chirps. “I know how to play it, Lulu!”

LuHan feels giddy. A smile cracks his face, “Teach me! Teach Me!”

Kai bounces his head and laces their hands together, “I will teach you, Lulu. Follow me! Let’s go over there!”

 

Sehun and Suho peek through the window and giggle when they saw the boys running around the playground with their hands linked together. “Come on, Suho! Let’s go and play with them,” suggests little Sehunnie, about to dash out of the classroom, but Suho grabs him back. “No no no, Hunnie,” the other boy shakes his head. “Kai will get mad. He hates it when we play with Lulu.”

“But I want to play outside! Look at Kai and Lulu! They look so happy with that…..Hm? What is that thing Kai is playing?” Sehun points at Kai who is swinging the ruined kite above his head.

“That’s a kite, Hunnie!” answers Suho knowingly.

“Yes! A kite! I want that one, too!”

“Maybe we can make one and play outside.”

Sehun squeals, “YES YES! We will make one so we can play with Kai and Lulu!” His voice calls the attention of Teacher Chen who is assisting their classmate, Chanyeol, to clean himself after he accidentally poured a drink all over his shirt. “Sehunnie, Suho! Where are you going?”

“We are making a kite, Teacher!” Sehun answers enthusiastically. He points outside and reveals Kai and LuHan who are running around, struggling to fly the kite. “We will play with Kai and Lulu!”

Teacher Chen leaves his spot and approaches the boys by the window, “What about the dance? Aren’t you joining?”

Sehun thinks briefly before he shakes his head, “No. I want to play outside.”

“Me, too! It’s more fun outside!” Suho insists. Other boys are listening to them. They look at each other and pester Chen to let them go as well. “I want to play with Lulu! Let’s go, Xiumin!” says Yixing.

“No you can’t!” Sehun disapproves, blocking the doorway. He slightly pushes Yixing away.

“But we are friends with Lulu, too!” the latter insists.

“Tcht! You can’t play with Lulu! Only Kai will play with Lulu! He will get reaaaaaalllllyyyyy mad when you take Lulu away from him. He will punch you like this.” Sehun balls his fist, about to knock Yixing out when Chen held him back. “Alright that’s enough. No fighting. I won’t let you out if you don’t behave.”

The boys zip their mouths. Sehun crouches and mutters his sorry.  

The teacher peers through the window and looks up to check the weather. After he confirms that there is no sign of a bad weather coming, he let the kids have their way. But there is one condition they need to follow.

“Remember, no fighting. All of you will be reprimanded from playing outside for the whole week if something bad happens.”

“YES, TEACHER!” they chorus and scamper outside, howling in excitement.

-

LuHan tries to clap his tiny hands when he sees his classmates running towards them but they do not reach each other because of his suit. Despite Sehun’s warning, Yixing and Xiumin approach LuHan and ask him to play with them. When Kai turns around, there is no Lulu next to him. His eyes grow wild upon seeing the two boys holding LuHan’s hands on each side. His brows crease; mouth protruding in a pout. He is ready to fight Yixing and Xiumin.

“Kai! No fighting!” Suho exclaims. The boy approaches his cousin and warns him about Teacher Chen’s punishment if a fight breaks out.

“But they have stolen Lulu!!!! We were having fun a while ago! AHHHH! Why would they do that?!”

“They want to play with Lulu, too.”

“But I have him first! We were playing first!” Kai persists. He is now balling his fists, ready to explode.

“Don’t get mad! I will do something,” Suho assures him. “Just wait over there.” He points at the bench. “I will steal LuHan back for you. Just don’t fight with each other, okay?”

Kai heaves a sigh but nods anyway. He is chewing his bottom lip as he walks towards the bench and waits for a miracle. He sees Suho talking to Yixing while LuHan is on the swing. Xiumin is the one pushing him. They are laughing and Kai dislikes it so much. He feels lonely without LuHan next to him. He glances at the empty space beside him and pouts even more. Suddenly, his eyes spots something stuck between the rocks underneath the bench. The boy falls curious. He picks up what appears to be a plastic ring.

 

An idea suddenly pops in his head.

 

Suho keeps on tugging Yixing’s forearm. His earlier plan of stealing LuHan did not work. “Come on, Yixing! Let Kai play with Lulu! You know how much he likes LuHan. He will get mad if Lulu doesn’t go back to play with him!”

“Kai is so selfish. We are Lulu’s friends and we like to play with him, too!” Yixing points out. He refuses to let LuHan. Sehun joins them and glares at Yixing. He is about to grab LuHan off the swing when Xiumin swats his arm to stop him. Little Sehun puffs his cheeks angrily, “You wanna fight, Baozi!?!”

The other boy glowers back at Sehun.

“I will eat you!” screams Sehun in a battle cry. He tackles down Xiumin who is older than him. Suho panics when he sees them scratching each other’s faces. Baekhyun scurries towards the commotion and shouts at them to stop. Kyungsoo follows suit like a loyal minion. Yixing looks everywhere to see if Teacher Chen is around. LuHan is shaking in the corner. With his little voice, he calls them to stop but no one listens to him. They are in real trouble this time.

 

“STOP!”

The boys freeze. Sehun and Xiumin stop hitting each other and look up to see Kai holding up a ring.

“Attention, everyone!”

The boys gather around him and wait for the announcement. Kai opens his mouth to speak but his eyes spotted LuHan sobbing quietly in the corner. His heart swells in guilt. “Lulu, don’t cry.” The boy wipes away the forming tears in the corner of his eyes. “It’s okay now. Hunnie and Baozi won’t fight anymore. I’m sorry. This is my fault. I just wanted to play with you.”

LuHan glances at Xiumin and Sehun. He smiles in relief when he sees that neither one of them is badly hurt. After the boy say their sorry, LuHan turns to Kai and nods.

“Let’s play something fun,” Kai begins. He holds LuHan and pulls him closer. “A wedding game! Yours and mine!”

LuHan frowns, not being able to comprehend. “How do we play a wedding game?”

Kai grins and shows everyone the ring he found. He turns to LuHan and smiles kindly to the boy, “I will show you, Lulu. Suho will be the priest and everyone will be the guests.”

Baekhyun gasps at his statement, “Kai is marrying LuHan! Does that mean Kai loves Lulu? Only people who love each other marry says my mom.”

Kyungsoo gasps as well, “So that means they are going to be together, living in the same house! Where are they going to live? In Kai’s house or Lulu’s house? Will they build a house for themselves?”

Other kids start discussing about their innocent ideas of a wedding. A boy tells LuHan to say no but he quickly shuts his mouth when Kai glares at him. Another kid wonders how many children Kai and Lulu will have. Sehun asks Suho what a priest does in a wedding and the latter explains it to him. Chanyeol does not like what’s happening. He is hungry so he slowly walks away from the scene.

Getting impatient, Kai forces Suho to stand in front and start the “game”. He links his hand with LuHan’s and asks him to walk around the playground.

“Wait!” Baekhyun calls out. “Lulu should hold a flower! My mother was holding many, many flowers in her wedding picture!”

“Oh right!” Kai agrees. Kyungsoo appears with a daisy and hands it to LuHan. The little boy accepts it without knowing what is it for.

Yixing and Xiumin look at each other. They are worried for their friend but they cannot do anything about it; not when Sehun stands guard.

The boys start singing the wedding song, led by Baekhyun, “Dan-danda-dan, dan-danda-dan, dan-danda-dan, danda-dan, danda-dan.”

Kai and LuHan parade across the playing field. The taller boy is sporting a gummy smile while LuHan smiles shyly at the other boys.

Suho clears his throat and stands straight when the ‘couple’ settles in front of him. “Uh..okay?”

Kai gestures him to hurry.

“Okay, okay! Let’s start the wedding! We are here today, in the playground, to see Mister Kai and Lulu’s wedding. Mister Kai, do you take Little Lulu to be your…wait…what should I say? Wife?”

“He’s a boy!” One kid yells.

“So…. husband?” asks Suho, uncertain.

“Yes, I do!” Kai buts in. He giggles softly while trying to control his excitement. The good part is about to come. Suho then turns to LuHan who is looking up to him with an oblivious expression. “Lulu, do you take Mister Kai as your husband forever?”

“Say yes!” shouts Sehun in the corner.

“Uhm… I don’t know. What should I say, Kai?” asks the boy. “You should say yes, Lulu,” the other answers.

“Hm, okay. Yes.”

Kai then slips the plastic ring on Lulu’s finger.

The boys clap their hands except for Yixing and Xiumin. They are about to leave when Sehun appears in front of them. “Clap,” the brat orders. The two sigh and force themselves to applaud.

“Now for the good part,” Kai murmurs. He steps on Suho’s foot to cue him. The ‘priest’ nods in common understanding. “Right! After you said yes, you may now kiss each other.”

“Kiss?!”

The other boys gasp. Baekhyun balls his fist in excitement while Kyungsoo covers his eyes. LuHan’s face turns bright red. He hangs his head low to avoid Kai. Kissing another boy sounds wrong. Kai takes both of his hands and squeezes them ever so gently. He urges LuHan to look up and not long, the latter obliges. Suho stands awkwardly between them, shifting his eyes from Kai to LuHan, secretly wondering if the kiss would happen.

Kai throws the sweetest smile before he shuts his eyes and leans closer to LuHan. The other boy stares at him briefly before his own eyes slowly close. Yixing is not having it. He takes big steps towards Kai only to trip halfway. This causes Yixing to knock him, consequently pushing the boy towards LuHan.

“Oh no,” Yixing mumbles, his face crashes on the soil.

Kai feels something soft pressed against his lips. Because of the impact, he finds it hard to get up. In the end, he stays still until someone helps them up. When he slowly opens his eyes, LuHan’s long and wavy lashes appear clearer (and extremely close?). He looks down and realizes that the best thing happened.

I like this,” he giggles inwardly. “Lulu tastes so sweet!”

Teacher Chen drops the candies from his hands, “WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE?” He almost runs to where the boys are. “What—Kai! LuHan!”

“They are married!” Sehun announces.

The teacher loses a few brain cells at this. His mouth hangs open while marching towards the boys. “Children of God! Stop kissing each other and stand up! NOW!”

 

 

 

 

And that's how Mister Bear got married to the cutest ladybug there is.

 

 

((“Soo, I know why Teacher Chen is mad at us,” whispers Baekhyun.

 

 “Why?”

 

Silly Baekhyun grins at his friend, “Because he was not invited to the wedding!”))

-