Chapter 1

Pretending to be a 'Maid'

The limo parks in front of the entrance of my house, and I open the door and get out without waiting for any maids to help me. Throwing my bag over my shoulder, I enter the house.

As I walk pass the living room, I could hear my parents talking to each other. Usually, I don’t bother about their conversation. However, I couldn’t help but get curious when I hear them mentioning my name. Silently, I hide behind the wall and watch my parents talk.

“Chanhwan, are you sure about this?” My mother asked while shifting in her seat nervously.

“Yes, Minhee.” My father sighed as he rubs his temples.

“Can’t we think of something else to do?” My mother asked.

“No, this is the easiest way.” My father replied.

“He’s not going to agree to do this.” My mother said.

“It’s not like any of us have a choice. Hwanhee will marry his son whether he likes it or not.” My father said.

My eyes widens in horror as the news sink in. D-Did he just say that I have to marry someone’s son?! Without thinking, I stomp into the living room with my fists clenched.

“I have to marry someone’s son?!” I exclaimed.

My parents were startled to see me, but they quickly regain their posture. They exchange looks and my mother gets up from her seat and approaches me.

“Hwanhee, it’s true that you have to marry-”

“I refuse to marry someone I don’t know!” I exclaimed, glaring at both of them.

My mother sighs as my father glares at me.

“Hwanhee, I’m sure you’ll like him. He’s nice, smart, and-”

“I don’t care!”

“Your husband’s family is going to come and visit you tomorrow-”

“For the last time, I don’t care! I’m not going to marry!”

“You will marry and that’s final!” My father shouted.

“No, I won’t and none of you will make me!”

I glare at my father angrily then storm off to my room upstairs.

~~~~

I slam the door shut and throw my backpack on the floor in anger. I sit on my bed and ruffle my hair angrily. There’s no way I’ll marry, but it’s not like I can do anything about it. I pick up my bag and pull my phone out. I dial my brother’s number and put the phone against my ear. I wait for a few seconds until he picks up.

“Hey, Hwanhee.” My brother greeted, cheerfully.

“Hyung, can I live with you?” I asked.

“W-What? Hwanhee, what’s going on?”

I bite my lower lip and lay on my bed.

“Our parents are forcing me to marry some guy I don’t know.”

“Really?!” My brother gasped.

“Hyung, please let me live with you.” I begged.

I hear silence for a couple of seconds.

“Hwanhee, are you sure?”

“Hyung, I don’t want to marry.” I said in frustration.

“I know, but you know that I’m-”

“I rather be a maid than marry someone I don’t know.”

“Alright, I’ll text you the address.” My brother sighed in defeat.

“Yes! Thank you, hyung!” I cheered.

“When are you coming?” He asked.

“Before dawn.” I replied.

“Alright, I’ll wait for you in front of the mansion. Oh, Hwanhee?”

“Yes, hyung?”

“When you arrive, don’t tell anyone in the mansion who you really are or else our parents will find out.”

“Does anyone know who you are?” I asked, curiously.

“No, since I told no one.”

“Okay, I won’t tell anyone.”

“Good night, dongsaengie~”

I roll my eyes and hang up the call. I charge my phone and start packing up my clothes and other necessities. I zip up the bag and slide it under my bed. I go inside the bathroom and take a quick shower. I exit the bathroom and sit on my bed. I turn on the alarm and fall asleep.

~4 a.m.~

My alarm clock beeps at 4 a.m. I wake up and shut it off. I do my morning routine and change my clothes quickly. I put my phone and charger into an empty backpack. Wait, what if my parents come to check up on me later on? I look at my messy bed and an idea pops up in my head.

I grab my hugging pillow from my closet and place it under the blankets. That’ll buy me some time. I grab my bag from under the bed and head to the window. I open it and step out onto the balcony. I look around to make sure no one is awake.

When the coast is clear, I drop my bag on the ground. I grab the rope and tie one end against the railing then toss the rest of the rope off the balcony. I climb down the rope slowly. I jump off the rope and grab my bag. I run towards the gates and open it. I close the gates and look at my house.

“Sorry, Mom and Dad, but I don’t want to marry.”

With that, I walk away from my house.

~~~~~~~~

Yay! First chapter is finally up! :D

Thank you @nickmo, @Charline56, @Songjiin, and @July87 for being the first 4 subscribers of this story! <3

Hope you guys love it! Have a nice day!

- kyutesomate ^o^