Love Unspoken

Apology of Koo Jun Hoe
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

5 Years Ago 

 

 

"You finally have a girlfriend huh? Good for you!"

 

Two young men sat beside each other inside a local pub. Two good friends since childhood. Well Koo Jun Hoe was someone really hard to get along with and it seems like Kim Jin Hwan was the only one who lasted. Their friendship is weird but it isn't something to be taken lightly. They've been friends from back then when they were still wearing middle school uniforms and now that they're well-educated men who wear suits.

 

 

"She's a keeper too. Why does she like someone like you anyway?"

 

His friend, Jin Hwan seemed to be having fun annoying Jun Hoe who just glared at him in response.

 

 

"Oh well, you having a girlfriend is something to celebrate. Cheers!"

 

Jin Hwan raised his shot glass to cheer for Jun Hoe. He sighed and also raised his glass for his friend's satisfaction.

 

 

"You better take care of her, man. Open up to someone for once."

 

Jin Hwan patted his friend's back with a smile on his face.

 

 

"Shut up. I know."

 

Jun Hoe tried hard to hide his embarrassment but Jin Hwan had known him for so long for him to not find out.

 

 

"That may be your last shot at love so don't mess up."

 

Jin Hwan cracked up as soon as he finished his sentence which only annoyed Jun Hoe even more than usual.

 

 

Present

 

 

"Last shot at love huh?"

 

Jun Hoe sat on his sofa alone. His huge condo seemed a lot scarier than usual. The alcohol he was drinking is his only companion.

 

 

He's been in here for days... Maybe a week. He wasn't sure anymore. His room was always so dark so he couldn't tell if it was morning or night. He couldn't care much about anything else. All he wanted to do was drown his regrets with alcohol. 

 

 

The scent of his place wasn't that good anymore. You can smell the alcohol almost everywhere. It was unexpected from a strict neat freak like him to be in such a state. 

 

 

His phone rang again. It has been ringing continuously these days. He would receive calls and messages non-stop from co-workers and Jin Hwan but he never bothered to check. A few people came knocking on his door too but he didn't attend to them either. He was in a wreck and he didn't want anyone to see him this way.

 

 

"Koo Jun Hoe. Come out man! I told Byul about your state! She said she'll come to meet you at your usual place or something!"

 

This seemed to catch Jun Hoe's attention somehow. He made his way to the door despite his constant staggering. He opened it to see Jin Hwan who looked rather relieved to see him.

 

 

"Good to see you."

 

Jin Hwan sarcastically said and fully opened the door to Jun Hoe's condo so he could come in. His eye twitched as soon as he laid eyes on his surroundings. It was a huge mess with an undeniable stench.

 

 

"Byul... What did she say?"

 

Jun Hoe was still hazy and drunk as so Jin Hwan figured his friend should get some rest so he could talk to his girlfriend nice and slow without going mad.

 

 

"I think you need to be sober first man."

 

Jin Hwan patted his friend's back with much pity. He had never seen his friend like this. In such a pitiful state. He didn't see this coming but he guessed unexpected things do come with love and heartbreak.

 

 

"You don't get it... I need to see her now."

 

Jun Hoe insisted but his eyes are slowly getting heavier. It was probably the effect of the alcohol. And maybe because he can finally sleep knowing that Han Byul still wants to talk to him.

 

 

"I get it man.. I really do.."

 

Jun Hoe fell exactly on his sofa which saves Jin Hwan the trouble of picking him up and dragging him to bed. He just took out a blanket and cozily tucked Jun Hoe in it. He sighed as he wrote a note and left it under the coconut water he bought. 

 

 

He left as soon as he finished. He needed to cover up for Jun Hoe after all. He was stuck at home for exactly 1 week and 2 days now. It was about time for him to get over it and pick his up from the ground.

 

 

________________________

 

 

1 Week Ago

 

 

Jun Hoe's phone has been vibrating non-stop but he didn't bother looking at it. He was preoccupied with all his paperworks due tomorrow.

 

 

On the other side was Kim Han Byul. She was waiting at the same place for him. He promised he'd show up the last time they met. But she was tired. So tired of waiting like a loyal dog.

 

 

It was getting dark but Han Byul still waited. She refused to move from that spot. She wanted to see him and hear him explain why he was late. She wanted to hear him say sorry. But most of all, she wanted him to pull her into his arms and lock her in a comforting embrace. 

 

 

Jun Hoe finished his paperworks a few minutes after 11. It was only then that he had time to check his phone. A total of 62 missed calls and 132 messages all from his lover. He sighed and tried to call her back but the phone was turned off. He walked to the parking lot and hurriedly got into his car. He rushed to their usual place half hoping she wasn't there anymore, freezing. But the other half was hoping she'd be huddled on the corner with a pinkish nose and a long face.

 

 

He arrived after a 15-minute drive. She wasn't there anymore. He scratched the back of his head as he made his way out but then he noticed her ducati parked on the side. He ran to it and saw Han Byul who was sleeping on the green grass just beside her ride

 

 

"Hanbyul-ah. What are you still doing here?"

 

Jun Hoe lightly tapped her arm which woke her up in an instant. She sat up to look at him and make sure she wasn't dreaming.

 

 

"You came..."

 

Han Byul's face lit up with a smile as she stared at her almost perfect lover. 

 

 

"I'll take you home. Don't do this again."

 

Jun Hoe didn't want her to get sick but what he said poured cold water on her. Her expression suddenly changed but Jun Hoe didn't notice. He held her hand and helped her up. Leading her to his car.

 

 

"I'll have someone bring your du

Please log in to read the full chapter