Chapter 12 - The unfulfilled wish

The Sun and the Moon

Rina woke up with a terrible headache, she found herself being tied to a chair, she can’t move neither her hands nor her feet.

“So you’re finally awake huh…” It was Keito, he was staring at her with a pair of eyes full with hatred.

“Keito…. Aren’t you arrested…?”

“HAHA! You have never thought of this right? I’m here to revenge, for my father.” Keito’s father has been sentenced to death.

“.......Then take my life then…” Rina was afraid that Keito would drag Semi down to his revenge.

“I don’t want. That’s no fun.”

“!!!” Rina felt something bad…

“..... Semi… Right? I met him once, he has nice blond hair huh……”

“..........” Rina went speechless.

“HAHAHA! You should look at your face now!! It’s so entertaining!!!!” Keito was having fun making Rina frustrated.

“I was the one who took your pictures, just take my...” *SLAPS* Keito slapped Rina before she finished her sentence, “I SAID THAT IS NO FUN RIGHT?? DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT I SAID??” Keito got annoyed.

“I want you to lose the person you valued the most. Just like what you did to me.” Keito became really scary, his expression was determined, he will achieve what he wants to do.

“HAHAHA! While waiting for your Semi to come, I shall let you have some fun… Yuya, bring me the whip.”

“Here you go…” One guy by the name of Yuya passed Keito a thick whip.

 

  • Semi’s POV

Semi was searching around where Keito could have bring Rina, he searched a couple of warehouses but couldn’t find them. Then suddenly his phone rang, “Koichi san! How is it?”

“I got information that they might have brought her to the warehouse located at the furthest south of Nara, it’s an abandoned warehouse, you go there first, I’m on the way there too.” Koichi was on the car heading towards Nara now.

“Alright! I’ll go there right away! Thank you Koichi san!” Semi ended the call and started running to the warehouse Koichi told him.

 

  • At the warehouse

“HAHAHA! How is it? Are you feeling fun???” Keito was enjoying himself whipping Rina non-stop.

“...........This is so much less painful compared to the past when I was almost beaten to death.” Rina was trying to provoke Keito as much, so that he would eventually torture her to death, and then he would not be able use her to threaten Semi.

“HUH, then I shall let you have more fun. Yuya, pour water on her.”

“Right, leave it to me.” Yuya started splashing water on Rina’s wounds.

“AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!” Rina felt ing pain in her wounds, it was so painful that she is almost losing her consciousness…

*SLAPS* “Did I say you can sleep yet???” Keito slapped Rina on her face a couple of times till blood was coming out of her lips.

“.....You’re an idiot…. No wonder your dad got arrested, if you had realized I was following you, you won’t let me got hold of your dirty business… Your dad should feel ashamed for having such a son like you...” Rina continued to provoke Keito.

“!!!” Keito kicked Rina on the side and she fell on the floor together with the chair. Keito removed her ropes which tied her to the chair and then took her up and banged her head against the wall a couple of times, blood was coming out of Rina’s forehead, she subsequently lost her consciousness…

 

  • Semi’s POV

“Rina…. You better be fine…..” Semi was almost reaching the warehouse. When he reached, he saw one guy guarding the entrance of the warehouse, his hands went into his pocket and took out the knife he had brought. “I’m sorry, I said I won’t kill anymore, but… I need to save Rina.” Semi apologized to the heaven. He quietly go to the side of the guy, and swiftly cut the guy’s throat when the guy spotted him. Semi then look inside the warehouse from the window, he saw Rina lying on the floor with bruises all over her, she was wet all over and her head was bleeding badly.

Semi couldn't wait anymore, he dashed into the warehouse.

“AHH, Finally, Semi is here… Hello!! Long time no see…” Keito seems pleased to see Semi, because he finally can torture Rina even more.

“HEY, WAKE UP, LOOK, YOUR LOVER IS HERE.” Keito held up Rina’s head by her hair, asking her to wake up and see how he’s gonna torture Semi.

“.........Se…..mi….?” Rina heard Keito said Semi is here, NO!! Why?? Why hasn’t she die yet??? Semi, she needs to protect Semi…

“RINA!!! Wait for me!!! I’m coming!!!” Semi was going to dash towards Rina but he got stopped by Yuya.

“Where are you going? We didn’t ask you to come save her you know.” Yuya was holding a baseball bat in his hands.

Semi was about to use his knife to attack Yuya when Keito held Rina up, “Your precious girl is here….. Should I kill her off in front of you???” What Rina feared most has happened, he’s using her to threaten Semi… Semi stopped his actions.

“Put down your knife.” Yuya instructed. Semi followed as he said.

“Semi… RUN!!!! RUN AWAY!!!!!!” Rina was crying, she knows what they’re gonna do to Semi, she can’t bear to see Semi getting beaten up by them. But deep inside, she knows Semi won’t leave her alone… They promised, that they will die together…

“Rina, I’ll be fine, I’ll save you.” Semi was firm with his determination, if he was going to die, he would save Rina before he die.

“SUCH A LOVING COUPLE!!!” Keito laughed at them, “Yuya, do it!!! I can’t wait to see their expressions!!!! HAHAHA!!!” Keito was crazy, his hatred has overtaken his humanity.

“Got it!!” Yuya started bashing Semi with all his strength, Semi was getting hit by the baseball bat uncountable times, he started puking blood.

“SEMI!!!!! STOP IT!!! PLEASE!!!! STOP IT!!!!!!!!” Rina was pleading to Keito.

“THIS IS IT!!! THIS IS THE EXPRESSION I WANNA SEE!!! THIS IS SO FUN!!!!!!!” Keito still in his maniac self. He was laughing so much that the strength he was using to hold up Rina has loosen a bit. Rina took the chance to try get out of his arms. She used her head to hit Keito’s chin and ran out of his hostage, but she forgot her legs were tied, she fell to the floor as soon as she started moving.

“WHERE ARE YOU GOING??!?!” Keito grabbed Rina back up and kicked her in her abdominal.

“AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Rina felt intense pain, it was so painful, “AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!” She couldn’t stop screaming.

“RINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Semi saw what Keito did, he was about to dash to her side but he got beaten by Yuya again.

Soon, blood was flowing down Rina’s thighs, “Ah? What’s this? AHHH BLOOD?!?!?!? Don’t tell me, you’re pregnant??? HAHAHA!!! THIS IS SO FUN I CAN DIE LAUGHING!!!!” Keito smirked, and while Rina was still lying on the ground, he continued to give her more kicks in her abdominal area.

“AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!” Rina was screaming, it was PAIN!! Very painful!!! Not only physical pain, but also her heart, she felt intense pain, she couldn’t protect their baby… Blood was flowing non-stop from her thighs area, soon, the floor below her was stained with a big pool of blood.

“RINA!!!!!!! RINA!!!!!!!!” Semi couldn’t wait anymore, he reached for the knife on the floor and killed Yuya instantly.

“HAHAHAHAHA!!! HOW DOES IT FEEL???? I FEEL SO SATISFIED!!! HAHAHAH!” Keito knew, he was gonna get killed by Semi, but he has no regrets, he revenged for his father.

“DIE YOU ING BASTARD!!!!” Semi his knife through Keito’s throat.

 

Semi ran to Rina’s side and held her up, by then, her face has lost its color, she was breathing heavily, and her body was getting cold. “Rina… Hang on, I’m bringing you to the hospital, you’ll be fine… Hang on!!!” Semi was pleading for Rina to not lose her will of living.

“Se...mi…. I’m…. Sorry…. I couldn’t… Protect our child…” Rina said with her weak voice.

“It’s ok, we can always have it again… As long as you live on, I beg you, don’t leave me alone…” Semi felt his eyes getting blurry.

“Ah ahh… I wanted to ride the ferry wheel with you so much… Semi…… I’ll come look for you in my next life… You owe me that…… Ok….?” Rina knew her time was running out.

“NO!!! You’ll be fine!!! Let’s go to the hospital now!!!” Semi tried to hold Rina up but his legs were giving way from the injuries he has sustained from the beating.

“...Semi… I can’t make it… Don’t worry… We’ll be together soon right?? Didn’t you say you’ll come look for me even if you become a ghost? HAHA…” Rina was feeling lighthearted about dying, but she remembered what Semi said too.

“Rina… Of course, I remember what I said…” Semi knew, Rina is leaving him, as much as he doesn’t want it, he cannot do anything else…

“Se...mi… I love you… I love you much more than anything else…” Rina was using the last of her strength to speak.

“Rina… I love you too… Wait for me… I’ll be there soon…”

“Semi… Kiss me…” Rina’s last request…

Semi kissed Rina, the last kiss he could give her… Then Semi felt Rina’s body become heavier, soon her body become cold like ice.

 

Rina ended her last breath in Semi’s arms, hours before her birthday.

Semi carried her and walked out of the warehouse.

 

“SEMI!!! RINA…” Koichi and his gang reached the warehouse, and he saw Semi carrying a lifeless Rina. “Rina…… !!!” Koichi felt anger. If only he was able to reach earlier…

“Koichi san… Can you send me back to my apartment…? I would like to clean up Rina by myself…” Semi spoke without any emotions, he couldn’t cry, he couldn’t get angry, he couldn't feel any emotions...

“Alright.. Get in the car…”

 

Koichi sent Semi and Rina back to their apartment, Semi carried Rina back into their apartment, he cleaned up the blood and wounds on Rina’s cold body, Rina’s face was swollen from the beating, her limps were bruised from the whipping, their precious baby died inside Rina. Semi was filled with regrets, till the very last, he couldn’t protect Rina, nor did he manage to fulfil Rina’s wish. After cleaning, Semi help Rina change into a set of new clothes that he had bought secretly for her to wear on her birthday.

“Rina… We need to do one last thing…” Semi also changed his clothes and wore the leather jacket Rina got for him, he hugged her tightly, he hugged the icy cold body tightly.

 

“Semi… Are you alright?” Koichi was waiting downstairs for them, he saw Semi carrying Rina down.

“Koichi san, I have a request. Can you help me?” Semi looked into Koichi’s eyes and pleaded him.

“I’ll fulfill whatever you want.”

“Can you get us in the amusement park?”

“.... What?” Koichi was confused at the request, “........leave it to me, I’ll settle it for you.” But he knew Semi must have his reasons.

“Thank you.” Semi was grateful to Koichi.

 

Koichi sent Semi and Rina to the amusement park, but obviously the amusement park is closed at this time. It was just past midnight of 30 December, Rina’s birthday. Koichi got his men to break into the amusement park and switched on the electricity.

 

“Koichi san, I have a very very last request.”

“What is it?”

“I would like you to help us clean up the mess after this.” Semi was going to end his life.

“Semi, are you serious about doing this?

“Koichi san, this is a promise between Rina and me. I cannot thank you enough. I’m sorry I couldn’t repay you back in my current life, I’ll repay you back in my next life.”

“..........” Koichi felt his determination, he can’t stop Semi.

“Goodbye, and thank you.” Semi bid goodbye to Koichi.

 

Semi carried Rina and rode on the ferry wheel, while on it, Semi drank the poison he had prepared. When their carriage reached its peak, Semi kissed Rina, “Rina, I’m coming…. I’m coming for you… Now…” Soon, blood were coming out of Semi’s mouth, he gradually loses his consciousness, but still hugging Rina tightly. Soon, he ended his last breath…


 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Semi!! You’re so slow!!! See, our daughter has started to walk already!!”

“Ahh!! Ryoko!! Walk to daddy!!” Semi stretched his arms horizontally facing Ryoko.

“Papa!!!” Ryoko walked slowly to Semi’s side.

Semi hugged Ryoko up, and walked over to Rina’s side. He hugged Rina with his other hand, “I love you… Rina…”


END.