The first and the last

I Can't Understand

Taemin started his day with spacing out at his front lawn.Half-cursing himself for letting go and another half was waiting for her to come back.The day she left,his house became empty that he wondered whether some of the furnitures moved out with her.He didn't even have the urge to sleep on his comfy bed because she wasn't there.And the reason she moved out was because,he asked her to.Not in a soft and persuading way but more to a cold and forcing manner.She could do nothing but pack her clothes and walk out.And that was too in tears.

He ran his fingers through his messy hair.All this time,only Jinri that was strong enough to stand his behaviour.And what did he do?He chased her out.

"I can never understand you." 

Jinri's last words before she left the house rang in his ears and he whispered back "Neither do I."

When the sun rose to its maximum height and people started walking around doing their own business did he went back into his house and continued sulking in one corner.His tears rolled down his cheeks after his wait went in vain.He started rocking himself back and forth,just like what Jinri will do to him when he's not fine but it wasn't at all comforting. Jinri kept on hitting his mind and his head became numb.Soon after, he fell asleep there, at the darkest corner at the end of his room.

 

He was in a place so dark that he could not see his own hand.The fact that he didn't know where was he suffocated him and in the middle of struggling and flailing his arms around, his back touched a solid wall.He turned towards the wall and saw the view of a desert.He looked around and saw that he was no longer in a dark place.

Aimlessly moving his feet, he looked up to see the merciless blaring of the sun.He could'n stand it and started digging the ground to seek refuge from the heat.To his utmost fear, bugs started coming out of the fist-sized hole that he just dug and crawled up his hand.He screamed and curled up in a ball in effort to escape the horror but he could feel those tiny, sharp feets on his skin.At that moment, he just wanted to kill himself and end it all.

In those darkness and dreadful fear, a fair, shining hand reached out for him.He felt the softness of the skin that was pulling him away from his nightmare.He opened his tightly shut eyes and saw that familiar back walking in front of him with her hand holding his firmly.Jinri.He was sure that she wasn't intending on letting him go.

They were walking through a beautiful and calming garden.Everything was green and peaceful and he finally could breath some fresh air.Jinri turned back and flashed a smile at him.He smiled back.They kept on walking hand in hand while enjoying the scenery.But then he saw a big hole.It was so dark inside that he couldn't see the end of ot.He stopped to stare but Jinri wanted to keep moving.He didn't know why and how but he made jinri stop and pushed her her into the dark pit.Jinri managed to hold his ahnd and with tears in her eyes, she met his gaze.

"I can never understand you, Lee Taemin."

He woke up from his deep but miserable slumber and saw Jinri in front of him.He could clearly remember the look in Jinri's eyes from his dream and that made him not able to move for he was afraid that he would only hurt Jinri again.They kept on looking at each other in silence,afraid to start a conversation.The both of them knew,they couldn't stay like that forever.

Shakingly, Jinri walked towards Taemin and sat in front of him.Their eyes met and Taemin thought he felt a spark in his heart.When Jinri hugged him next,he knew that all he ever need is Jinri.Slowly, he wrapped his arms around her waist and tightened the hug.And even if both of them were broken, they felt completely intact in each other's arms.