Twenty

Things Happen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sung Jae In POV

It’s been a week since I’m in Daegu. Irene and her parents insisted me to stay here for a while as Irene is getting better. But she still need to go to the hospital for daily check-ups and chemo. And what makes me wonders was, my father didn’t asked for me once. And I know he did set some guys to spy on me. He barely know where am I. I think we’re still in good terms, which makes me decided to call him.

“ Hello? Appa? Are you busy? I want to talk about something.” I  barely said that.

“ Oh, Jaein-ah. Aniya, I’m free right now. Is Irene getting better? And of course, I hope you’re fine as always.” He asked about Irene. He finally said and concerned about the girl who was going to die, I meant a sick girl.

“ Yeah, she’s getting better. I’m fine. How about you and mom? Noona too?” I asked him.

“ We’re fine. I’ve told your mom about your whereabouts. And about your noona, she’s been worried sick about you and she’s having morning sickness these days. Hahahaha.. I’m gonna be a grandfather!” he sounds so happy while delivering the news.

“ Really? That’s good. And then I won’t be the baby of the family anymore, dad. I’m kind of upset right now.” I joked.

“ Oh, my baby boy is getting jealous, aren’t you? Hahahaha well, that’s true. We’ll probably kicked you out after she’s having the baby. Haahahaha!” He teased me.

“ Appa! Wae! Ah, I’m getting hot right now, huh. Okay, fine. Hahahaha.. Just tell them I’m fine here. And I won’t be back in Seoul for another week, I guess. She want to spend her last time with me. Can I stay here for another week? Pleaseeee…”

“ Alright, as you wished. I’m sorry for, you know, you and her, okay? I hope she’s strong enough to fight the illness. And you should encouraged her to stay alive, even if you’re not meant to be together.” He said.

“ Thanks, Appa! I will. I’ll do my best for the person that I loved. Although one day, she’ll gone, she’ll always in my thoughts forever. Same goes to Jaehan. Right?”

“ Yes, always. Okay, I gotta go. I’m having a date with your mother. Bye!”

“ Bye, appa! Take care.”

 

I smiled brightly as soon as I felt a hug on my waist. Irene gave me a back hug. We stayed like that for quite some time. She then asked me to bring her out for a date. I’ll never say no to her. My answers always yes plus she added her aegyo. No one can resisted. That’s her secret. And we went out for a date.

 

I waited for her to dress up downstairs with her father. We’re having conversations about Irene’s illness. That he said to me, he’s ready for losing her. “She’s been fighting for so long. She’s lucky that she survived the surgeries and stay alive quite long than the estimated period. And to know that there’s a man that loved her so much, I can’t thank you enough, Jaein. “ Mr. Bae said.

If only he knew the truth about our relationship, he will hate me for all his life. I was just spacing out  until he said : “ I already been told about your father, Irene had told me. When, she was sick one day. But I don’t blame you, and your father too. I know how does it feels like to have a dying child. He wanted the best for you. That’s all. Don’t ever feel bad to be around us. As for now, I have one thing that I want you to do. Just do whatever Irene wants. Make her happy for the, maybe the last time. I’ve booked my family resort in Jeju Island. You’ll be staying for a week there. And I’ve packed her things and yours had been packed too. She loves Jejudo. As she can’t go abroad, so Jejudo will be just nice.” Mr. Bae asked my a big favour.

“ I will, don’t worry.” I said. He then reached my hand and put his on mine.

“ This won’t take long. She only got some days left. I hope having you here will make her enjoys her last days. Stay until her last breathe.” He got tears in his eyes. Irene got his eyes. They were the same hazel colour. I still get to see Irene’s eyes in his. Later. I guess.

Maybe I won’t have guts to visit here again after her departure.  After the serious conversation, the situation got tensed. We didn’t spoke for quite sometime until Irene went downstairs wearing dress that matched with my outfit. She wore light blue short dress with white long stockings. I was wearing white shirt under my light blue denim jacket and white skinny trousers. I then walked towards her as she’s struggled tying her shoes. I smiled and I went down to her knees to tie her shoelaces. “ Oh, you’re being so romantic these days. I’m proud of you.” She teased me.

 

Of course I will, you fool. I’ll do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter