Jimin and Taehyung next door

Jimin and Taehyung next door

Jimin was sitting alone in his apartment, his roommate, Taehyung, was out buying lunch after losing at Tekken. Jimin idly flicked through the TV channels, trying to find something to hold his interest. He was snacking on some chips when he heard frantic knocking at the door. He rolled his eyes as he pulled himself off of the couch. “Did you forget your keys again?” he yelled as he shuffled towards the door.

 

“I swear you’re…not Taehyung.” His voice trailed off as he took in the girl in front of him. She stood nervously at his door, her eyes glancing down the corridor. “Hey.” She greeted with a weak smile. “Hey, you’re the girl from next door, right? I’ve seen you in the elevator a few times.” She nodded jerkily, “Yeah, my name’s Jen. You’re… Taehyung?” she guessed.

 

“Jimin.” He corrected. “Ah, sorry!” he waved off her apology. “It’s alright, we’ve never been formally introduced.” He noticed her nervous appearance. “Is everything ok?” he asked. She shook her head, “Not exactly.” She said, her gaze once again flicking back to her apartment. Jimin’s eyes flickered towards her apartment as well, her door was lying open. “Can I help?”

 

Her eyes lit up at his offer, “I hope so. This is going to sound ridiculous but, I know we don’t know each other, and I feel awful just knocking on your door to ask a favour but… I want to take a shower and there is a spider in my bath tub and I’m too terrified to get rid of it.” She said with an embarrassed smile. Jimin grinned at her. That’s so adorable. “No problem, I can get rid of it for you.” He said, puffing out his chest.

 

Jen smiled, “Really? Oh my god, thank you so much!” Jimin grabbed his keys and pocketed them before following her to her apartment. She led him to her bathroom but she refused to go in. “Don’t worry, I’ll catch it and let it go outside.” He said as he stepped into the bathroom. She stood outside wringing her hands. A few seconds later, a screaming Jimin ran out of the bathroom. “What the hell was that?! It’s huge! It’s not a spider it’s a cat!” he yelled.

 

“I know!” she whined, the two of them pacing back and forth through her living room. After a few moments of panic, they heard the elevator ding from outside. “That must be Taehyung. I’ll get him to help!” Jimin said as he rushed out of the apartment. Jen waited until Jimin pulled a confused Taehyung into her apartment. “Jen, Taehyung. Taehyung, Jen.” He said in the fastest introduction they had ever had. “Ok, now go in there and get that spider.” Jimin said as he took the food from Taehyung’s arms and pushed him towards the bathroom.

 

“Spider?” asked a curious Taehyung. “Yes, massive spider. Have to save neighbour. Go!” he said as he pushed Taehyung into the bathroom and pulled Jen behind her couch. They waited in silence, both holding their breaths. Eventually Taehyung appeared, his hands cupped in front of him. “Tae…” Jimin said as he moved away from the couch.

 

“It’s kinda cute, can we keep it?” Taehyung asked excitedly, as one of the spiders legs poked out from between his fingers. “NO!” Jimin yelled as he grabbed Jen and hid behind her. She tried to get out of his grasp. “Are you actually using me as a human shield?” she shrieked. “Put it outside!” Jimin yelled, all pretences gone. Taehyung pouted as he opened her balcony door and let the spider free. He went back into the apartment and closed the door firmly.

 

Jimin finally released Jen’s arms. She turned around and punched him on the arm. “I can’t believe you used me as a human shield!” she whined. Jimin gave her a cute, embarrassed grin. “Sorry! I’ll make it up to you, have lunch with us!” he said pointing at the discarded food containers. Her stomach let out a well-timed growl. Both of them chuckled at her. “Deal.” She said with a grin.