Don't Go

Ikanaide ~Song Fic~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hey, just as a warning, this is kind of angsty. Enjoy! -Jae

Thought to myself "I'm okay, I don't feel a thing"

But, in the end, there's a drag weighing down on me

Running on ahead again, you seemed to escape

Every step, never touching down

Couldn't do a thing but stare without a sound

 

You sighed and stared up at your ceiling, the moonlight illuminating bits of your room. It was the same as any other night, You'd lie in bed, not being able to sleep, your thoughts consuming your mind. Only when the time strikes 3 am does your mind start to shut down.

 

You shifted your position, lying down on your side, holding onto your pillow. Your eyes wandered around your room, searching for nothing in particular. You saw something shining in the corner of your eyes and shifted your gaze at the object.

 

It was an old picture, taken about a year ago. In it, you were smiling, arms wrapped around your two closest friends; Jessica and Krystal Jung. You let out a mix of a sigh and a laugh. It was a wonder how you three become the best of friends. It was to be expected; after all, your parents had grown up with each other. It was inevitable that their children would become friends.

 

You huffed, wondering how they were doing. Jessica was currently in SNSD's dorm room, most likely getting ready for their big comeback. I wonder if she still remembers me, you thought sadly. It's been a long time since you were able to see each other, with her busy schedule and your focus on schooling. You can't help but feel like you are slowly drifting apart from her. If only she was here, then she could comfort me just like when we were younger, you thoiught.

 

Krystal is another story. She was like your big sister growing up, her being two years older than you. She was there everytime you cried, laughed, or just needed a hug. Of course, Jessica was there, too, but you just felt the slightest bit more comfortable with Krystal.

 

Recently, your relationship with Krystal had also became strained. Sure, you were both very busy these days, but still. You can't even remember the last time you two had spoken in person. You let out a groan and turned to face the other side of your room.

 

"Krystal," you sighed out, "what happened to us?"

Your phone went off, awaking you from your slumber. You groggily reached around your bedside table, trying to find the annoying device. Your hand touched upon said device and immediately turned it off.

 

You sat up, rubbing your eyes gently. Time to get today started, you thought irritatedly.

 

You took your sweet time getting ready for school. You were never late, seeing sa you woke up at 6 every morning and classes don't start until 8. You shuffled down the stairs wondering what to make for breakfast. You shrugged to yourself and decided to go with the easy way: a bowl of cereal. After finishing off a bowl, you were ready to leave. Grabbing your bag, you headed out into the cold, walking down to school. You plugged in your headphones, not wanting to hear the world around you. You closed your eyes, letting your thoughts consume you once more.

 

Guided away, you walk to a train while I'm standing left behind

Dashing off instead, I reach out ahead but cant make it through the room in time

Eyes getting wet, don't be upset, but my heart real

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter