Final

Idols

A house made of cards, and us inside
Even if you say you see the end, even if you say it’ll collapse soon.
A house made of cards, and stupidly, us
Even if you say it’s a useless dream, just stay a little more like this.

Jungkook sighs, thinking back about the lyrics of the outro of their latest album. The more he thought about the lyrics, the more he wanted to cry. He didn’t know why but the lyrics had affected him so much. Staring at his phone screen, he realized that he has been replaying House of Cards for more than an hour. Throughout that one hour, he thought a lot and came to a conclusion as to why the lyrics had affected him so much; his relationship with Jimin is like this song.

During the day, they are artistes, singing and dancing on stage is normal for them. At night, sometimes all Jungkook wanted was to have some time alone with his boyfriend. It was never possible due to their identity by day. It was till wee hours in the morning that they had the time to cuddle, whispering sweet nothings into each other’s ears. Quality time like this was always appreciated by both of them.

Initially, Jungkook was unsure if they were able to commit in a romantic relationship since both of them are idols and their daily lives are always being magnified. Jimin had proved that they had both made the right decision by getting together. Hard times were always easier with your loved one around. However, Jungkook notices that Jimin, who was always hanging around him, is now distancing himself. Jungkook can’t help but wonder why. Is it getting difficult for them to be together?  

That night, Jungkook lays still in Jimin’s arms, the former still has House of Cards stuck in his head and was humming to it unconsciously. Jimin notices and sings along quietly, his arms tightening on Jungkook’s waist. The motion made Jungkook smile. No words were exchanged but at that moment, they both knew that nothing else matters as long as they are together.