Final

What I Like About You

I am so tired.

 

I am so hungry

 

And I am sleepy.

 

When on earth are we going home?

 

I am so hungry damn it. I don't get why the seniors like to make outdoor activities so much, don't they know being exposed to sunlight for a long time could give you skin cancer? 

 

I looked at my friends and saw them enjoying their time, unlike me here. I bet they're just happy cause they get to ogle at the seniors. I sighed and removed my earphones.

 

"Sera!" 

 

I smiled as I saw Minhee approaching, "Mini Minhee, you seem happy."

 

"I am!" she squealed.

 

"I am guessing that senior whom you've had your eyes on for a while has finally noticed you."

 

"Well...he knows my name!" she smiled brightly.

 

"That's it? He didn't ask you on a date or something?"

 

She shook her head, "Nope, but at least he knows my name."

 

I chuckled, "Well good for you then, at least one of us is having a blast here."

 

She patted my head and gave me a bottle of water, "Here I thought you would be thirsty."

 

I smiled and took the bottle from her tiny hands, "Thanks Minhee, only you understand me."

 

"But do you seriously have no interest in anybody?"

 

I nodded, "Yep."

 

"I mean we have so many handsome guys in our campus, there's Jimin in the dance department he's pretty cute."

 

"Nah he looks so young."

 

"What about Yoongi? You know that senior in the music department."

 

"Never saw him, not interested."

 

"Okay fine, but you cannot like Jin okay! He's mine."

 

I laughed, "Yeah yeah he's all yours."

 

Minhee's eyes widened, "Oh! What about Taehyung!"

 

I tilted my head, "Taehyung?"

 

Minhee nodded, "Yeah you know Taehyung, the one in our class."

 

I thought for a while, "Oh yeah, I know him."

 

"He's kinda cute."

 

"He's alright i guess but nah."

 

"Oh oh he's over there!"

 

I looked to where she pointed and spotted Taehyung. He was wearing his usual reading glasses and a white shirt matched with black jeans. But what caught my eyes is what he was doing. 

 

He was playing with kids.

 

And that I say is a major turn on.

 

I watched as he ruffled one of the kids' hair and waved goodbye to them.

 

"Sera?"

 

I blinked and looked at Minhee, "Yeah? I am sorry i didn't hear you."

 

"I said the seniors want us to back at the campsite. I need to stop by the convenience store first."

 

"Yeah sure I'll see you later."

 

I got up and drank from the water bottle Minhee gave me.

 

"You're not going to the campsite?"

 

I turned around and spilled some water from the bottle, "Oh crap my shirt."

 

"Oh I am sorry! Did I startle you?"

 

"No it's fine." 

 

He quickly opened his backpack and took out a handkerchief, "I am sorry again."

 

I blinked as he patted the damp part of my shirt.

 

"Uhm yeah its fine really."

 

He bit his lips and gave me the handkerchief, "here you go."

 

"Thanks."

 

He nodded and gave me a smile, "So you're not going to the campsite?"

 

"Yeah I was just heading there."

 

"Good, I need to check on the others, see ya!" he waved and rushed before I said goodbye.

 

Well okay. I put the handkerchief in my bag and headed to the campsite.

 


"What took you so long?"

 

"Sorry I spoke with Taehyung for a while before coming here."

 

Minhee gasped, "Taehyung? Ohoho you're making your move already?"

 

I rolled my eyes, "What move? He just helped me and asked me to go to the campsite that's all."

 

"Or maybe Taehyung has a thing for you!"

 

"Oh please, he was just being nice."

 

"Then again Taehyung is known for being nice."

 

I nodded, "So when are we heading home? I am tired as heck."

 

"Just wait till they call us to get on the bus, you packed all of your stuff?"

 

"Yeah I did."

 

After talking with Minhee for a few minutes the seniors finally told us to get on the bus. I got up and parted my way with Minhee since she's going to ride in a different bus. I walked to my bus and huffed at the heat. It’s only the beginning of summer and it's already this hot.

 

"Sera."

 

I tilted my head and kept walking.

 

"Lee Sera~" 

 

I heard another whisper and looked behind me.

 

"Were you calling me?" i asked.

 

Taehyung blinked and shook his head, "nope i was just checking if you could hear me from this distance."

 

"Okay.."

 

"You have really good ears," He smiled.

 

"Thanks I guess."

 

"Hey Sera."

 

I looked at him, "Yeah?"

 

"Would you like to sit beside me in the bus?"

 

"With me?"

 

He nodded, "Yeah all my other friends are on the other bus so I thought it would be nice to sit next to you."

 

I shrugged, "sure why not."

 

The bus ride was silent. We didn't really talk that much. Maybe because Taehyung slept half of the ride. And i did too to be honest. We were woken up by the sound of mumbling and giggles. I sighed and slowly opened my eyes.

 

"See you woke them up!" 

 

"Well I am sorry, I forgot to silent my phone."

 

When I came back to my senses I found an excited Minhee and a tall person next to her holding their phones right in front of me and Taehyung's faces.

 

"Wakey wakey."

 

"We're already here?" I asked lazily.

 

Minhee nodded,"every body got off the bus except for you two, come on the seniors are waiting."

 

"Don't worry take your time, I’ll tell the others you'll be late. I'll be going first, see you guys." The tall guy waved.

 

"Take care sunbae." Minhee smiled widely.

 

I snorted," I can see hearts in your eyes."

 

Minhee smiled, "He's handsome isn't he."

 

I rolled my eyes,"Yeah yeah whatever, help me wake up Taehyung. I can't believe he's still asleep."

 

Minhee shrugged, "That's your responsibility. I'll you see outside!"

 

"Traitor!" I huffed and looked at the person who is still sleeping soundly next to me.

 

I poked him, "Taehyung wake up."

 

Nothing. He didn't even move.

 

I sighed and shook him a little, "Wake up wake up."

 

He slowly opened his eyes and yawned, "What happened? Did we arrive already?"

 

I nodded, "Wow you finally woke up, I thought I'd have to slap you or something. Let's go, we arrived like 15 minutes ago."

 

He rubbed his eyes and ruffled his hair, "Thanks for waking me up."

 

"Well i am not that mean to leave you alone on the bus."

 

He chuckled, "I don't get why people are afraid of you."

 

I shrug, "I don't know what's so scary about me either. I mean do i look like a bully or something?"

 

"Well-"

 

I scoffed, "well what?"

 

"You always have that poker face on, and I rarely see you smile." 

 

"Well maybe because you don't see me that often that's why you say that. If you asked Minhee she'll say I smile quite often." 

 

He smiled, "Maybe I should see you more often then to see if it's true or not."

 

I blinked, "What?"

 

"Let's hang out sometimes."

 


 

It’s the final week of the semester and everybody's freaking out. Including me. I've been a lazy for the whole semester and I don't even know if I am able to pass this semester or not.

 

I sighed and stared at my laptop. Why did I decide to major in acting in the first place why. How the heck am I supposed to write a 500 paged script in 3 days. I let out a sigh and rubbed my eyes. I've been looking at my laptop for like an hour now I need to look at something else. I placed my laptop beside me and my eyes spotted a familiar person. He was holding a bunch of books in his hand as he passed by not even giving a single glance to me. I swear he's been doing that for an hour now. I shrugged and took out a comic that I have been reading for a while. Let's take a break from studying shall we?

 

It was only the 5th page until i had a feeling like someone was watching me. I looked around and saw Taehyung by one of the benches reading a book. Well that's weird, didn't he just go the other way? 

 

I ignored my weird thoughts and focused once more on the comic that was in my hands. I was only able to focus till the second chapter until felt a presence beside me.

 

"What are you reading?"

 

I blinked and raised an eyebrow, "You lent me this comic remember."

 

Taehyung's eyes widened, "o-oh yeah that one, haha."

 

I shook my head, "What's wrong with you today? I saw you coming back and forth for the past hour." 

 

"You noticed?"

 

I nodded, "Yep."

 

He placed a cup of coffee next to me and smiled, "Don't worry about it, here have some coffee. I think you need it."

 

I clapped my hands happily and grabbed the warm cup to drink it, "Thanks, i really needed this. I might have to drink 5 more of these for me to finish my script in 3 days."

 

"You don't have the time to make a script but you have time for to read comics?" He smirked.

 

"Comics are different okay. I can't live without reading them."

 

He chuckled, "Let me help you then."

 

"Really?"

 

"Yeah sure why not. I'll just go return some books and comeback."

 

I nodded and looked at the space where Taehyung sat just a few moments ago. I smirked. That idiot left his bag and his phone. I reached out for Taehyung's phone and quickly turned it on. Oh it's unlocked. I swiped the screen and blinked.

 

"Hey did you wait long i-"

 

I looked at Taehyung and back to his phone, "Why.."

 

He snatched his phone from my hands, "You know looking into other people's phone without taking permission is very rude."

 

I scoffed, "Why do you have that picture as your wallpaper?"

 

He fixed his bangs. He does that when he gets nervous.

 

"Uhm, well I thought it looked cute."

 

I snorted, "Oh so my sleeping face is cute to you? Your face might look cute but my mouth was wide open and I was drooling for heaven's sake!"

 

He smiled, "So you think I am cute?"

 

"What? I- Uhm no, so you better delete that picture right now."

 

"What if I don't want to?"

 

"You're such a jerk. At least put a pass code on your phone or something. How do you even have that picture anyways?"

 

He chuckled and sat down next to me, "Jin sent it to me like a few days after the outdoor activity."

 

"Wait.. so that has been your wallpaper since then?"

 

He nodded,"Yup."

 

I slapped my forehead, "That was months ago! Did anybody see that picture except for me, you, Jin and Minhee?"

 

He shrugged, "Probably."

 

I huffed, "Delete that picture now. I still don't get why you have that stupid photo as your wallpaper."

 

"Because i like you."

 

Wait what.

 

"...wait what?" 

 

He bit his lips and started fixing his bangs, "You heard me."

 

"Why?"

 

"What do you mean why?"

 

I shrugged, "Well you know... look at me, I am not the prettiest girl in campus or the smartest girl in campus...I am just...me."

 

He chuckled and looked at me, "And that's what i like about you. You're just you. You're genuinely nice, you don't fake it. Even though you have this poker face on but you have the prettiest smile...well in my eyes they are."

 

I mumbled a thanks and felt my cheeks get hotter. Okay what should i do now. This is the first time a guy has ever confessed to me. Okay Sera don't be awkward. Just calm down

 

I coughed, "Well the weather is really nice huh?"

 

He looked at me confusedly, "Sera, it's 5 degrees today. It's freezing cold."

 

I mentally smacked myself. Really Sera really?

 

"Well...what do you think about me?"

 

I glanced at him, "What do you mean?"

 

"Well you know, do you like me too or not or whatever just say anything."

 

I shrugged, "I am not really sure actually."

 

"How come you're not sure?"

 

"I have never really liked somebody. I mean I have crushes yes but never more. But then you come, and you're really nice and kind of maybe cute and you always talk to me then we ended up being friends. It just confused me since nobody did that before."

 

"I am glad that nobody did, because that'll make me the first one right."

 

I smiled, "i guess you are."

 

"So...what is this? Green light or red light?"

 

"Maybe yellow? Ineverdatedaguybefore."

 

"Sera i can't understand you, speak English."

 

"I never dated a guy before so I don't know Taehyung I am still confused about my feelings."

 

He nodded, "Well we can always take it slow."

 

I looked at him and have him a smile, "Why not."

 

He grinned and intertwined my hands with his. 

 

"Your hands are warm." He said.

 

I chuckled, "Your hands are warm too."

 

"Hey Sera?"

 

"Yes?"

 

"Would you like to go have dinner with me? I know this amazing restaurant and they have the best fish and chips...oh wait I forgot you don't eat fish. Never mind uhm there's another place that have really good-."

 

"Taehyung."

 

He blinked,"Yeah."

 

"I would love to." I smiled.

 

"What?"

 

"I would love to go eat dinner with you."