Part I

Be My Baby

Yubin was watching Girls’ Generation rehearsal for Music Bank of “The Boys.” She let out a small smile when she saw Sooyoung performing. The rapper then gave a slight frown, wishing she was closer to Girls’ Generation’s tallest member. The Wonder Girls’ were also performing on Music Bank and promoting “Be My Baby,” fans saw them and Girls’ Generation as rivals, but the two girl groups have stayed friends since their debuts in 2007.

 

When they promoted “Gee” and “Nobody,” the Wonders Girls started to get recognition in the United States, attempting to break in the US market. They haven’t encountered each other till now.

 

The rest of the Wonder Girl members kept in contact with Girls’ Generation, especially Sooyoung and Sunye. Yubin noticed that she was never that close to the SNSD members, they just bowed to her while they caught up with her members. “Yubin-unnie, are you okay?”

 

She turned her head and it was Sunye.

 

“I’m fine, I’m just watching SNSD rehearse. Can’t you believe it’s been four years already?”She looked at Sunye.

 

“I know right? I’m so glad that we are still friends since our debut.” Sunye let out a smile. Girls’ Generation had just finished and were exiting the stage. “Sooyoungie!’ Sunye called out to her friend since high school.

 

“Sun!” Sooyoung ran to her with open arms and a big smile on her face. The Wonder Girls’ member hugged Sooyoung, “I missed you!”

 

“I missed you too, how was touring in the States?”Sooyoung asked, she released herself from the embrace and faced Yubin as well. “How have you been, Yubin-unnie?” She bowed respectfully.

 

“I’ve been fine Sooyoung-ah. And please you can talk to me informally, you are making me feel old.” Yubin smiled awkwardly.

 

“Okay, Yubin-ah. We should catch up though through lunch maybe?” Sooyoung mentioned and waited for Yubin’s response. The rapper’s jaw dropped.

 

“I would like to get lunch with you, Sooyoung-ah!” Yubin's smiled. “Yah, girls we are up next!” Yenny came from behind them.

 

“I’ll just wait until you're done then,” Sooyoung didn't want hold up their rehearsal. Yubin made her way to the stage and smiled over to Sooyoung. Sunye was still Sooyoung,” I knew you could do it. Yubin-Unnie is really shy. Now look at you going to lunch with her.” She hit Sooyoungs arm playfully.

 

“All thanks to you, Sun. I would just keep on waiting and attempting to talk to her like in the past few years.” Sooyoung laughed nervously.

 

..

 

Sooyoung was watching the Wonder Girls rehearse, “Be My Baby.” She still couldn’t believe she was still friends them. She had good relationship with Sunye and the rest of the members, all except for Yubin. Sooyoung was intimidated by the rapper and developed feelings for her.

 

At first, the taller girl had a small crush on Yenny, instead she fell for Yubin instead.

 

Sooyoung had barely spoken a word to her till now. When they made eye contact, her heart fluttered. She had no choice, but to look down and stay quiet. She told Sunye about her crush on Yubin and the older girl wanted her to at least talk to her.

 

The taller girl sighed happily.

 

I hope to get you know better, Kim Yubin.

 

“Sooyoung-ah, why are you watching them?” She turned around to see Hyoyeon behind her.

 

“I’m fine, Hyo. Just watching our friends.”Sooyoung smiled and her eyes landed on Yubin rapping her part. “I’m really happy that we are able to promote at the same time.”

 

“I know right, I’ll meet you in the dressing room then.” Hyoyeon patted her back and walked further backstage.

 

..

 

When the Wonder Girls finished rehearsal, Yubin was exhausted. Only for a few more hours till we perform...Yubin thought. She walked off the stage and was surprised to see Sooyoung waiting for her on the side. “Sooyoung-ah, what are you still doing here?” Yubin asked.

 

“I was waiting for you,”Sooyoung smiled and handed her a water bottle.

Yubin looked into Sooyoung’s eyes and smiled brightly, when she got the water bottle, her hand touched Sooyoung’s.