One shot

second time's a charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yifan had expected the worst when he received a call from the kindergarten, notifying that Sehee had gotten into a problem. But he didn't expect to find his sweet little daughter in a brawl with his classmates.

Oh Sehee, the forever princess in his eyes, was sitting at the corner, eyes glaring to three bigger children, not even noticing that her father had arrived.

"Yifan, I am so sorry for this to happen." His cousin, Song Qian, who was also Sehee's teacher, looked at him worriedly.

"What happened?" Yifan asked. He was still watching Sehee from the classroom window, wanting to see and judge the situation first even though he wanted to hug and kiss Sehee so bad.

Her chubby cheeks were flushed with annoyance. His carefully made braid was sticking out of places and her favourite pink dress was stained with dirt and he could see some patches of grass on it.

"I don't know what happen. The next thing I know, Sehee was kicking and pushing them." Song Qian sighed, looking over to the older children. "I figured they were the one who teased Sehee. Baekhyun, Jongdae and Chanyeol were kind of troublemakers here."

Yifan couldn't wait anymore. He didn't believe his little baby would have hurt someone. Even though part of him was proud that at least Sehee could defend herself from the bullies.

"Papa!" His little girl shrieked and ran into his arms the moment she saw him coming to class.

"Baobei." He sighed into her hair. "What happened? Papa was worried when Qian laoshi called."

It made the girl more upset, thinking that her papa scolded her. Her once bright eyes turned teary as her lips curled downwards.

"Hey, baobei. Papa is not mad. But Papa wants to know why you kick those boys." Yifan explained, gently removing her tears with his fingers.

"They are being mean to Jongin, Papa!" Sehee sobbed into his chest, not wanting to cry in front of the boys. Yifan didn't know who Jongin was, so he glanced to Song Qian who was watching the whole thing behind him.

"Jongin, is that what happened?" She gently asked him.

Then, Yifan noticed another boy sitting beside Sehee's previous chair. He was shifting nervously on his chair once he realized that they had been watching him.

"Y-yes, laoshi." The boy was painfully shy, Yifan noted.

"What did they say?" Song Qian asked, glancing to the three musketeers who were now looked guilty.

Jongin didn't answer, he cried instead. That left Sehee who could explain the situation. So Yifan gently nudged her. She looked up with eyes full of tears and slight pout on her lips, things that Yifan couldn’t resist the most from his daughter.

“They said that Jongin’s papa doesn’t want him, that’s why he left.”

Yifan was rendered speechless when he heard that. It was indeed mean and hurtful to hear for Yifan, moreover to a five years old. Song Qian glared at those boys who went silent and skittish under her gaze.

“Yifan, I will talk to you later. But now I need to punish those boys. Baekhyun, Jongdae, Chanyeol, follow me.” She instructed and the boys trailed after her with head hung low, leaving Yifan with Sehee and Jongin alone. The poor boy was still crying, trying to erase his tears with the back of his small hand.

Sehee squirmed in his arms, trying to get away from him and Yifan let her go. He watched as his daughter ran to her friend and patted his head gently a few times.

“Don’t cry, Jongin-ah. Papa said you look ugly if you cry.” The boy tried his best not to cry, lips tugged downwards instead.

“I’m not crying right now. I am not ugly, right?” He asked, innocent.

“Of course not. Jonginie is handsome.” Sehee beamed, making Jongin also smiled, small dimples appearing on his chubby cheeks.

Yifan, who witnessed the whole scene, felt proud and miserable at the same time. Proud because Sehee was such a good girl and brave enough to stand for her friend in need. And miserable because he knew that he one day would lose her to another man, whether it’s Jongin or not. But seeing them together, he knew that maybe the time wasn’t for too long until Sehee called Jongin her boyfriend.

“Papa?”

“Yes, baby?”

“Can we get ice cream?” She asked, hopeful.

Yifan were usually against giving Sehee a dessert before meal, but seeing that it was needed after the whole ordeal this afternoon, he nodded. Maybe he needed it too, an ice cream date with his daughter.

“Of course.”

“Can Jongin join us too?”

Yifan’s hope to have a quiet ice cream date with Sehee dashed away with this question. Yifan didn’t resent Jongin of course, but he didn’t want to share Sehee with another man. At least not now.

“Is it okay, Uncle? Can Jongin join?” The boy babbled, looking at him with shining eyes, and Yifan swore he already saw chocolate ice cream in his eyes. There was no way he could refuse him, Sehee would be mad at him.

“Of course, Jongin.”

The children cheered together, jumping here and there, already forgetting about today’s incident and Yifan found himself smiling at their antic. Maybe asking Jongin to join wasn’t so bad.

 

“Jongin?”

“Umma!” Jongin cheerfully ran into the person who just entered the classroom. Yifan wasn’t able to see her face clearly since her face was hidden by her short bob hair when she bent down to talk to Jongin but Yifan loved her voice. It was calming and soothing, typical motherly voice, but there was something special in her voice that captivated him.

“Umma, can I go eat ice cream with Sehee and Uncle?”

“I don’t think so, Jongin-ah.”

“But Uncle said I can, right Uncle?” Jongin looked at him, hopeful and Yifan was forced to see the mother and son.

Then Yifan was able to see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter