The Wedding Invitation

Fake it Till We Make it
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So yeah, this week was busy as hell since my school tasks keep me in the line, but thanks to god i have time on Friday night and now. i've made the half of part after I've updated the foreword, but then neglected because of the said reason above. And i don't have time to look for the poster shop yet, but thanks for some recommendations. I'll look forward later, firstly the important is i could update the chapter 1. i know you get tired of wait, so here it is ;)

R & R as always :) 

 

 

It Is With

Overwhelming Excitement & Happiness

That You Are Invited To The

Wedding

Of

Lee Sunkyu

And

Im Siwan

 

 

Jessica’s eyes skim over the wedding invitation, from the details like the date and time location of the wedding. In fact, Jessica already knows everything about the wedding details. But this invitation is more likely as formality. The soon to be bride and groom didn’t see the point of sending out invitation, since all their friends and family already know, but Jessica insisted that it was still proper to send out wedding invitations. The time when the invitation arrived in post, suddenly Jessica came over all excited, she really is happy for her best friend and giving all her bless for them.

 

Sunkyu who prefers (no, insists! To be called as Sunny, because Sunkyu is kind of old name) and Siwan have been together since high school. Their friends and family, included, Jessica knew that they will make it. They still look at each other the same way they did in high school, though there were several ‘took a break’ and the ups and downs of their relationship. But still, their love is stronger than anything else. It’s kind of cliché, because most of high school relationship wouldn’t last  long, let alone ended as a married couple, but this couple is an exception. Not many couples still have that look adoration for one another but they most definitely do.

 

Sometimes Jessica feels jealous, why she didn’t have that kind of love story for her own? But remember she’s at relationship; that’s why she’d been dumped at the first place with her high school sweetheart and sometimes the pain still longing there though it has been 9 years; she dismisses those thoughts. Now way in the hell she’s turned into emo all of sudden where she supposedly feel excited for her best friend upcoming wedding.

 

The wedding was to be held on Friday, but we talked about Sunny and Siwan here, that had always been an extravagant couple, so instead of just having a normal wedding and reception, the couple have decided have a week long celebration. The reason is they would do anything to prolong the party. In two days’ time, the happy couple had requested the company of Jessica herself and their cliques (gang) on high school at Siwan’s home for a week-long catch up or a little reunion for their inner circle before the wedding.

 

The prospect of seeing everybody again genuinely excited Jessica yet worried her at the same time.

 

In her first time at her college days, she found increasingly difficult to keep in touch with everybody from the gang, since she went to Istituto Marangoni, fashion, art and design school in Milan for 4 years. And after graduated, instead came back to Seoul, Jessica moved to New York where her parents and sister were. They moved to New York when Jessica was in her third year of college.

As expected the Istituto Marangoni graduated, helped her mother to take care of her fashion business that well known both in America and Asia since she said she wanted to learn the reality of fashion business before she built her own business, which her mother gladly accepted.

 

And finally after 4 years of experience working as her mother’s employee, finally she has her own fashion business which is in Seoul with all her hard work. Just because her mother owned a fashion business, didn’t mean Jessica had an easy way to build her own business. She through all the rough ways just like applied the job vacancies and interviews which were succeed after 3 times failed.  She insisted her mother to treat her like the other soon to be employees. And after she’d been accepted she’d been treated same as the other employee with the same as salary as well, no special treatment at all.  At first, Jung Soohyun, her mother, declined Jessica’s wishes and doubt it if her daughter could survive and just gave it up. But then, her daughter is always a hard worker and her head is as hard as rock, if she wanted or decided something there isn’t anything that could prevent her. Those were that made her proud and worried of her daughter sometimes.

 

Meanwhile, her sister, Krystal Jung who has different path and interest with her took the same path as their father in the IT world. She currently is on her 2nd grade, studying in MIT right now. Her father owned two big IT companies, Seoul and New York as well. He hoped her second daughter would inherite and take care his company in Seoul in the future.

 

That was the reason of her came back to Seoul six months ago to build her own fashion business. She wanted to try it first at Seoul where her childhood and teenage life spent.

 

During her college days, Jessica tried to keep it up with her high school friends through socials media since she only came home for Christmas holiday and that was only for two rows since her family moved to The Big Apple city after that. Fortunately, she could attend Seohyun and Yonghwa’s wedding two years ago and Hara and Juhyun’s wedding 4 months ago but fleeting attendance at their wedding which is in Jeju island didn’t really give her a chance to catch up with everybody.

 

Though she lives in Seoul right now, didn’t mean she would always catch up with some of her high school friends, since her business keep her busy. Besides, all her friends are grown up people now, where some of them already have families and some of them busy with their life. People grew apart indeed.

 

Sunny and Siwan were the only two people from high school that she still religiously kept contact with. Since she and Sunny went to the same school and they are business partner now.

 

Of course the ups and downs of Sunny and Siwan’s relationship Jessica knew it well. Like when Sunny and Siwan had to through a long distance relationship with Siwan who studied law in NYU. Jessica would be the first person to know that Sunny was happy, and the shoulder cry on when Sunny was upset either because of Siwan or school stuffs. Hell, they went to New York together after graduated. And when Jessica was working for her mother, Sunny was working for different company, since she didn’t make it at Jessica’s mother’s company.  Jessica and Sunny enjoyed what New York had to offer. They went to New York Fashion Week shows, Broadway shows and central park of course. Sometimes, Siwan would join them if his work didn’t keep him. After graduated, he’d been offered to work in a law firm there. That said, they had their own little trio and nobody else mattered. She never really has best friend until she met Sunny and of course Siwan as well. She pleased after twelve years, hers and Sunny friendship is still as solid as ever, whilst hers and Siwan’s is getting stronger everyday.

 

However Sunny came back to Seoul a year earlier than Jessica, because her father was sick and she needed to be soon to come back home. So she did. Siwan who got promotion in his father law firm in Seoul came back to Seoul as well three months later. But now with Jessica is in Seoul and Sunny became her business partner, the trio is reunited again.

 

Aside from seeing everybody from her high school inner circle at the weddings, she rarely speaks to them. Actually how could she join the gang was because of Siwan who dragged along Sunny and of course if there were Sunny there were would be Jessica. The gang consisted of Siwan, Sunny, Seohyun, Hara, Tiffany, Sooyoung, Key, Eunhyuk, Jonghyun, Jessica herself and Jessica ex-boyfriend, Lee Donghae that no other is Sunny’s cousin. They met in junior year after Donghae moved from Mokpo.

 

Ever since their meeting, Jessica was pinned after him. He was the boy next door type and the girls want to be with. Of course, when he asked her out it was the happiest day of her high school life. They were happy for about a year until he dumped for unknown reason, which two days later after the painful break up for Jessica he asked a freshmen student out in front of everybody at the cafeteria at that time. That was the most humiliating and saddest thing for Jessica in her high school life, which is sometimes still bringing the painful memories for her until now.

 

She hasn’t spoken to Donghae since they both left high school. He stayed in Seoul whilst she jetted off to Milan. She saw him briefly at the weddings but didn’t stop to talk him. He was her first kiss and first love, deep down she will always have feelings for him. She didn’t think she realized that until she saw him at Seohyun and Yonghwa’s wedding and she felt fool for those feelings, and laughed to herself. How silly she was, that was high school love story that wouldn’t ever last long. Except for Sunny and Siwan of course. Besides, she’s a woman right now and there were several significant who gladly lined up for her.

 

Whenever Sunny went to family meeting, she tells Jessica that oddly Donghae has asked after her. She tells Jessica that Donghae said he was proud of her and Jessica only smiled her smallest smiles at that.

 

Jessica glances at her computer to see the email that Sunny had sent only several weeks ago.

 

 

To my pals!

 

As you are all aware, I’m only weeks away from being Mrs. Im, after he finally kneeled in front of me and popped the question. I must say, he certainly took his time doing that, I was beginning to think it was never going to happen and we all know that marrying Siwan is something which just needs to happen.

 

Aside from coming to our wedding, Siwan and I would also love it if you could all come down to Siwan’s new home which will be mine soon in Apgujeong May 3rd with the wedding being held on Friday the 7th. And I don’t want anybody being dramatic about the date. Yes, that means you Jessica Jung with your damn busy schedules.

 

We hope you can all make it, it would be lovely to see the gang back together. Oh I almost forgot, please feel free to bring a significant other. The more the merrier in our eyes.

 

Love Sunny and Siwan.

 

 

‘Please feel free to bring a significant other’.

 

That was the only part of the invite which worried Jessica. She didn’t have a significant other. She knew that positively Seouhyun would be with his husband Yonghwa, Hara would be with Junghyun, and Siwan told her that Sooyoung and Tiffany were still a couple which is surprised her. That was three couples already, four if you count Siwan and Sunny. And as for Key, Eunhyuk, and Jonghyun? Well since Key was already raised his rainbow flag since he stole his mother high heels in the 3rd grade obviously he would be with his boyfriend who named Jessica didn’t catch on when Sunny told her. Meanwhile Eunhyuk and Jonghyun are not the type who likely tied up in relationship and prefer to bring some random girls whose names they didn’t even remember in the morning, so she let alone that.  Jessica didn’t want to turn up alone. She didn’t want to be the only woman there without a date; she didn’t want to admit to everybody that she was still single.

 

She glances at the calendar in on her desk. May the 1st. She had two days before she had to drive to Sunny and Siwan’s home and she refused to turn up alone. It has been a month since she’d spoken to either couple, planning their wedding has taken up a lot of their time, besides she needed to work for Seoul Fashion Week. At first, Jessica had been upset about the lack of contact with her friends but now she realizes that it could work to her advantage. She could have been seeing somebody, for a couple of months and they were taking things slow, that’s why she kept it a secret. They didn’t want to tell anyone in case they jinxed their relationship.

 

Its early days.

 

That’s what she’d say.

 

Only the problem is, she has no idea who to take.

 

After Donghae, she rem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter