Christmas And Counting

Something Christmas

    For the fifth time YoonGi caught Jimin and TaeHyung giggling together in a corner like madmen. Those two were always sort of odd and tended to plot together but the way they’d freeze and stare at him any time that he entered the room sent chills down his spine. Like hell was he about to let those two play one of their infamous pranks on him, he was way too busy. He narrowed his eyes at the two boys and Jimin immediately retreated to his room while Tae stared at him with big wide eyes and his mouth slightly agape. It wasn’t until HoSeuk appeared that Tae seemed to remember that he could escape and tripped in the process. “Hell, hyung… what did you do to him?” Hobi asked with wide eyes as they watched the younger boy scramble away. YoonGi wondered the same and now he was beyond suspicious. He gave their older dancer a gentle pat on his shoulder before making his way to his own room. Sure enough NamJoon and JungKook were inside and hunched over the kid’s studies discussing the formalities of the English language. JungKook read something off of the page and it caught YoonGi’s attention he his heels and moved over to read over the kid’s shoulders. “Ralph Waldo Emerson,” he noted and the other two turned to stare at him before Joonie giggled.

    “Ah, hyung, sometimes I forget how well read you are.” their silver haired leader noted and YoonGi shrugged. He liked to read well enough as long as it was something he was interested in. It was just a snippet of poetry so it soon lost the older boy’s attention. he yawned widely and moved to collapse on his bed before a thought hit him.

    “More importantly, Joonie, what are those kids up to?”

    “Which kids?” The leader sounded as suspicious as YoonGi felt.

    “Jimin and TaeHyung.” the older boy answered without opening his eyes. It was silent for a moment before NamJoon asked another question.

    “Why do you ask?”

    “Every time I walk into the room they’re giggling like maniacs and then when they notice me they flip out. Tae almost killed himself trying to escape earlier. NamJoon I swear to you if they pull some kind of prank on my I might crack and kill one of them. I’m way too busy right now.”

    “When was the last time hyung slept?” JungKook asked softly and the oldest boy wrinkled his nose, wondering if thirty minute catnaps in the studio or van counted for sleep. With all of their promotions and his music production schedule he was completely swamped. He hadn’t even gotten a chance to eat a home cooked meal in a week, much less sleep. He napped when he had a chance but those opportunities were few and far between these days. The mattress beneath him felt like heaven and he yawned feeling comfort that he hadn’t known in ages. Hmm? It smelled funny, familiar but not quite like he remembered. He was too tired to go around sniffing his own belongings so instead he let himself sink in a little deeper and heaved a heavy sigh. He couldn’t even bring his muscles to jump when he heard the door open and close. He figured that the other two had relocated to leave him in peace until he felt the edge of his mattress sink and weight crawled across the small mattress toward him. He lazily let one eye open as he watched the brunette lay down next to him. JungKook was lying next to him rolled on his side and watching the older boy. “Joonie Hyung went to see what the kids are up to… I know that you don’t like this stuff but can I stay here for a bit?”

    The kid radiated heat and YoonGi did hate the cold but he was supposed to be the strong one and besides, he didn’t want to give in. He was too hard headed so he let his eyes close. “What do you want, Kookie?”

    “I haven’t been able to sleep either. I know I’m supposed to be one of the manly ones but honestly, I’ve been having some night terrors and not sleeping well.”

    “Why not hop in bed with Jin?”

    “Well… to be honest… I feel… YoonGi hyung is different… you’re strong… and reliable.”

Kookie responded so YoonGi looked over again and met big brown pools somewhere between completely embarrassed and devastated for saying it out loud. The kid’s face was tinted pink and YoonGi let out his laugh before sighing and giving in. It was hard to say no to Kookie even if he’d slowly started to look like the man he’d be after this month was over. There was also the fact that he felt very drawn to the younger boy. They were similar types and he looked at Kookie like his favorite little brother. The kid was manly, smart, and athletic but he was still sweet on the inside when no one was looking. YoonGi liked him. “Just stay quiet. I haven’t laid in my own bed in ages.” The kid nodded but awkwardness showed as he laid completely still next to the older boy. YoonGi sighed. He knew he was the cold kid in the group and the one that everyone leaned on but were afraid of angering. Finally he rolled over and put an arm around the kid, pulling him close. In an instant the younger boy relaxed and snuggled into his chest, heat radiating out, and breath warm on the older boy’s clothes. It felt like heaven, soft and warm and comfortable. He was asleep almost instantaneously and he stayed in a comfortable sleep until NamJoon shook the boy he was sleeping next to awake. He was obviously trying not to wake YoonGi but he’d failed when he took to shaking the boy who wouldn’t wake up. He was trying to compel the youngest up and to his own room to sleep for the night but the brunette was near impossible to wake up, as usual. “It’s fine, Joonie, let him sleep.”

    “Wait… you’re awake?” the older boy asked in wonder and then another thought occurred to him, “you’re okay with him being here??”

    “He did ask permission first, unlike Tae or Hobi.”’

    “And you said yes? Holy hell…”

    “It’s not that strange. Kid says he’s been having nightmares.”

    “Terrors, actually.” NamJoon noted, “We’ve been finding him in random places screaming to himself ever since those girls broke in and temporarily kidnapped him.”

    “I’d forgotten about that. How did I not know this?”

    “You’re usually in studio at night.”

    “But still… you guys never told me.”

    “You’ve got enough on your mind, hyung. You’re our most successful producer too. We all agreed to handle it on our own… but to be honest, this is the first time I’ve seen him sleep this long without screaming.” The leader noted and YoonGi saw something in his eyes that the younger boy tried desperately to hide. Jealousy? He knew the leader had a soft spot for their maknae too but he didn’t pamper the boy like he did Tae or Jimin… speaking of those two… YoonGi sat up slowly so as to not bother the sleeping boy and the kid curled around him so he patted his dark hair softly. NamJoon watched on with another flicker in his eyes but this time the older boy ignored it and inquired as to what Joonie had found out about the two 95erz that had gone into maniac mode recently. The other boy shrugged with a sort of sultry look before replying. “You know that it’s Christmas soon? Seems like it has something to do with that. Jin told me to stay out of it.” The older boy scrunched his nose and ran a hand through his mint colored hair with a sigh. He has almost forgotten that the holiday was coming up soon. Of course he had finished his gift buying ages ago so it didn’t really matter, he’d be ready either way. Thankfully, since they were idols, they celebrated the holiday together so he didn’t have to worry about dates or who to buy for. A gift for each member and also for the close staffs. He’d spent a ridiculous amount of money this year but it was over time so it didn’t really matter to him. He yawned again before his stomach growled. “Ya.” he called to Kookie, “you can stay here but I’m hungry. Let me go eat.” No response. “I swear to…” he sighed, time for drastic measures. He reached down and tickled the sleeping boy whose wide eyes immediately flickered open and glanced between the two older boys looking down at him. His face tinted pink as he saw NamJoon. “I’m hungry.” YoonGi told him matter-of-factly and the kid realized that he was now in his hyung’s lap. He yanked back so hard he almost fell off of the bed but both of the other boys had caught him. YoonGi by his wrist and NamJoon by his back.

    “S-Sorry” he noted quickly and the oldest boy gave him a wide smile before shaking his head and standing up to stretch. It had been an excellent nap. He hadn’t slept so well in ages. “I’ll cook for you, hyung.” JungKook noted softly, “...a-and J-Joonie hyung too…” The silver haired leader’s eyes lit up for a second and then he turned his face away, accidentally knocking a book off of his own desk. YoonGi chuckled slightly as he connected the dots and the two other boys scrambled to follow as he abandoned his room for their dorm’s living room and kitchen. One more time he came across the two psychopaths who were plotting on the couch and once again, as soon she they laid eyes on him they silenced. “Okay” NamJoon noted from over his shoulder, “You’re right, it’s really ing creepy.” YoonGi sighed heavily and ran his hand through his hair again before plopping down in one of the barstools and their silver haired leader followed. They had been told to leave it alone after all and Jin would never let anything too bad happen. He also knew how busy and stressed the second oldest was these days. Before they could recall him, JungKook had gone after the two weirdos who had made an effort to flee by accidentally flipping over the couch. Jimin got away but Tae was caught and drug by his collar over to be placed between YoonGi and Joonie. The kid looked like he might cry and the older boy felt a little bad but only a little. Tae’s puppy eyes and quivering lip were just too cute for him to feel too bad. “Why are you being weird to hyung?” Kookie demanded fiercely and Tae shrunk back a little.

    “Let it go, Kookie.” NamJoon noted, “Jin says it’s nothing.”

    Kookie glared at Tae suspiciously and mouthed, we’ll talk later. The little alien winced and scrunched up his nose before they all watched the younger boy put on a simple canvas apron and move to wash his hands before he started looking for ingredients and tools. The mint haired hyung noticed Tae’s fingers twitching slightly as he watched the younger move. He had pretty hands with slender, delicate fingers.

    “Are you cooking?” Tae asked, having calmed down.

    “For the hyungs.”

    “For the…” the little alien trailed off and glanced at both hyung, eyes lingering on YoonGi for a moment before he hopped up. “Me too! I want to cook too!”

    “No way, get out! You’ll burn everything.”

    “Please let me help, Kookie” Tae whined and the maknae glared at him before giving in. It was true that everyone had a soft spot for Kookie since he was the youngest but sometimes they’d forget. Kookie was smart and pretty self sufficient, and he didn’t whine or beg often. Tae on the other hand was always causing trouble, paying pranks, and whining for attention or gifts. He often seemed like the real maknae in the group. Often… but not always. The kid definitely had some appeal when he wanted to. Kookie sent him to the side to cut the vegetables and YoonGi couldn’t help but watch him work. The younger boy had pulled his lips thin and locked his jaw in concentration and he worked. He had a beautiful profile with a handsome chin, cute nose, and stunning neckline. The older boy kind of wished that his bandmate wasn’t wearing such a revealing neckline as he couldn’t focus past the gentle slope of his neck and the gleam of light on his collarbones. . He pulled his eyes away to watch NamJoon whose eyes were glued to the brunette currently stirring something with neat precision. He missed when Tae glanced over to see him looking somewhere else. He missed the boy’s irritated expression, but he didn’t miss when the kid yelped in pain. He yanked his head over and hopped out of his chair to rush to the boy’s side. Joonie and Kookie trailed right behind him and the kid was promptly banished from the kitchen while YoonGi lead him to the table to provide medical attention. He wasn’t Jin, but he wasn’t clumsy like NamJoon either. He retrieved the first aide kit and sat across from TaeHyung to look at his bleeding finger. It was a light wound so YoonGi just cleaned it up with delicate hands, too concentrated on his work to see the boy blushing lightly while biting his lower lip. Tae had it under control when he looked up to ask which kind of band aid the other boy wanted. “Whatever hyung thinks is pretty” the younger boy responded with a bright smile so The mint haired hyung searched through and found one that he thought was pretty before wrapping it around Tae’s finger.

    “Hyung has good tastes!” the little alien cheered as he stared down at his hand, he was acting a little odd today… more odd than normal. Suddenly his attention was drawn away as the front door opened and Jin appeared, tossing his coat on the rack and struggling to abandon his shows. He looked over at YoonGi and a little grin slipped onto his face. The mint haired boy hated it already and he knew he was about to hate the next words that came out of the damn princess’s mouth. “So even our Ice King YoonGi has a soft spot for the maknae.” Jin noted. Of course. NamJoon must have told him. Tae glanced from Kookie who’s face was red again and YoonGi who cursed lightly under his breath. “So what?” YoonGi growled, he hated being teased.

    “Call it pleasantly surprised.” the oldest boy grinned, “I never thought you’d let another person cuddle with you after the hell you raised with Tae and Hobi.”

    “They don’t ask first.” he growled and looked back to Tae who seemed to be pouting for some reason.

    “Oh, by the way, TaeTae, a package came for you.” Jin noted, lifting a small box into the air and the younger boy’s eyes were as wide as saucers as he hopped out of the chair and retrieved the box before fleeing to his room. The oldest hyung shrugged it off and plopped himself down at the table to yawn exhaustedly. A loud bang and sudden shuffling caught their attention as they looked down the hallway just in time to see HoSeuk tossed out of the kid’s room and into the hallway. “What the hell?” the dancer sighed and rubbed his where he’d fallen. “What’d you do?” Jin asked as the other boy made his way over to sit with them.

    “I duno. One minute we were playing video games and talking and the next Jiminie was kicking me out.”

    “What were you talking about?” NamJoon asked with narrowed eyes.

    “Randomness really, until I asked about why they’d been running away from YoonGi lately.”

    “Did you ask if they were plotting something?” Jin piped in with slightly amused eyes.

    “Huh? I guess I did… but why’d he go crazy like that?”

    “Tis the season” the oldest hyung giggled before stretching and making his way to his own room, leaving the other four confused. They ate and made their way back to their rooms, it was almost ten anyway so they’d sleep while they could. Busy day tomorrow too.