First Day

Infatuated
Areum stepped into the classroom.
 
It was her first year as senior in her high school. She was tired of all the nonsense she had encountered during her junior years, not that she totally despised the three years she experienced as a junior. She was slightly more matured than most of her same age peers. Now that Areum was a senior, she assumed people would be much more smarter.
 
She walked towards the nearest seat to her she could find, the teacher was going to rearrange the seats anyways. 
 
Around her, people were chattering, or gossiping, filling the room with waves after waves of noises. 
 
After five minutes of listening unintentionally, all of the pupils were talking about the same matter - the same person, more precisely. She'd heard "Jungkook" from a girl not far from her right. Not five seconds later, another "Jungkook" was heard from the back of the class. You might wonder how could she hear that - it was the back of the class! That was how loud the people were talking. 
 
A man with books in his left arms walked in after the bell was heard. "Happy new year! Hope you had a great one," he said, with a smile plastered on his face. "My name is Ha GiWoo, call me Ha sonsaengnim. I am your homeroom teacher for the rest of the year." The chattering silenced slowly as he introduced himself. "From the my left, introduce yourselves." 
 
The new seniors stood up and introduced themselves, one by one from the left. She didn't pay any attention to any of them. She stood up after the person on her left sat down. "I'm Areum, 16 years old this year. First year of senior." she said, looking around the classroom. Not everyone was paying attention to her either.
 
Dozens of same introductions with different informations went by, but only then a person intrigued her. 
 
"Jungkook, 18 years old. Third year of senior and I'll only be having English class with you all," he said, eyes scanning the room but not looking at particularly anyone. Then his eyes landed on a pair of students not three seats away from Areum, "No, I did not undergo any surgeries, nor did I make use of my face to get girls." The two persons dipped their heads down. They were guilty and ashamed, Areum could tell. 
 
She definitely got it why the gossipers were talking about him undergoing plastic surgeries. He was decent looking, good looking
 
The way he faced the situation made Areum respected him.
 
Jungkook ignited a little flame of interest inside Areum. Just a little bit. 
 
"Okay, great. Now you all know each another. Arrangement of seats." 
 
Areum was arranged to sit with a guy who seemed pissed to be paired with her, by the window. Not that Areum liked him. She didn't even know his name.
 
Jungkook was arranged to sit right behind Areum. Once the shuffling noises of him settling down stopped, she turned to look at him, only to be greeted with a pair of glistening eyes staring right back at her. They kept the contact for few seconds. Until the homeroom teacher's voice blared over the classroom, then only they broke off. 
 
During their first lesson, she stared out of the window without her realization. Areum was thinking about nothing, dissolving into nothingness. Daydreaming was one of her bad habits. One of the things she was good at. 
 
Jungkook followed her gaze from behind, he couldn't figure out what was she seeing. All he knew was that he was looking at how her hair spreaded and folded on the back of her uniform, how her nose bridge arched and ended at the tip of her nose and how her lashes fluttered when she blinked. Only after some times Jungkook only knew she was daydreaming. 
 
The teacher gave time for the students to copy down notes and homework, and she's still wandering in her own world. 
 
Jungkook tapped on Areum's left shoulder. Instantly, she snapped her attention towards him. She looked at him, eyes clouded with doubts. Jungkook gestured to the whiteboard at the front and she followed his hand. She looked back at him once again, then she understood. Areum turned back to the board and started writing. 
 
First lesson of the first day of school and she was already daydreaming.. Who's going to constantly remind her to focus? Jungkook thought as he jotted down the notes given. 
 
Eventually, the bell rang. The students poured out of the room like a swarm of bees. At the tail of the bees were Jungkook and Areum finishing her notes. 
 
He slung his bag over his shoulder and started walking towards the exit. 
 
"Jungkook!" 
 
He looked at her with a question on his face, Areum, he recalled. 
 
"Thanks. For reminding me to focus. Thank you." Areum said, trying her best to look at him instead of looking at the floor. 
 
Before Jungkook could say a word, a few girls turned up at the classroom's opened door. Their eyes were focused on him. One of them looked at Areum and then returned her gaze back on Jungkook with doubts. 
 
"I have to leave before more turned up," Jungkook said, eyes lingering at the door and on the floor but not her. 
 
"You're welcome, by the way." This time, He said with his eyes looking at hers. 
 
When he stepped out of the class, the girls inspected him with their eyes as if they were magnifying glasses. Some even screamed. 
 
First day of school and she did learn something. She learned that half of the school's girls had a crush on a same person, on Jungkook. So basically, he had a "fanclub" of his own. 
 
 
I'm back! 
 
Question : Do you guys prefer the story to be presented in a third-person view (as what I had done for this chapter) or in a first-person view (in the character's POV)?