Final

Love and War

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“General Sehun, we need you out here!” Prince Jongin ordered as he was sitting on his horse, he heathed his sword and rode off towards the battlefield. Sehun admired how he looked. 

The general and the prince were lovers, without anyone knowledge. They knew if anyone found out it would be disapproved and hence they kept their love for each other a secret. There were many times that the prince would come to meet him on the pretext of discussing about wars. His father was fond of Sehun as well and often treated him like a son, but the couple were unsure of whether or not he would approve their marriage as the king wanted Sehun to marry the king's second son, Jongin's younger brother. But before he could make a comment on that, he was dragged to meetings on the upcoming war.

The war was getting out of hand. The war was getting fiercer by the day and each day new weapons would be displayed leaving their army confused and blanked as to how to oppose the new inventions of the opposing kingdom. Earlier on the kingdom sent treaties and gifts to the king but the opposition refused all peace treaties and continued their preparation for the war. From the kingdom's spies, the enemy king wanted to create a larger kingdom and he did so by going on wars. He had fought with a lot of kingdoms and all of them had lost. He had left the strongest kingdoms for last, and theirs was one of them. The opposition used many evil tactics to gain the winning hand in war by suppose abducting a few of their soldiers weakening the army day by day.

“Yes Jeonha.” He whispered to himself as the prince had long gone. Sehun took his bow and arrows. His dagger was hidden under his sleeve on his uniform. His sword hung from his belt and his shield hung on his back. He thought it was necessary to take most weapons, even they got heavy, he changed from weapon to weapon depending on the situation and what was convenient. Since he had gone to many wars, he was used to the weight of the weapons and these weapons were no more a burden on him. 

Although he was a young and hailed from a farming family, there was no general like him. He had mastered martial arts and weaponry  to perfection and was wise and strong enough to lead the whole army without complaints from king or the prince. There was command in his voice, that made the oldest of men stop and listen to what he said. It was no embarrassment for them as well to take orders from a person much younger than them as he was the reason why the kingdom had won many wars against enemies. In fact, they considered him to be one of the greatest generals in the history of the kingdom. However in the current situation where the enemies continued to grow and their forces were thinning, it was hard to make sure they won. He knew it was important for them to win. He had to make sure they kingdom was safe from the hands of the enemy king. From what he heard from the spies, the king had conquered other kingdoms, they were treated as slaves in his palace. He also heard that he was attracted to the Roman concept of gladiators and hence used people from other kingdoms to fight each other for entertainment. It was pure evil.

He climbed on her horse and followed the direction of the Prince who had left him. 

"Falada, we are going to make through this war." He patted his horse, who stood in its brilliant black. He had his horse for a few years, and now they were beyond the relationship between master and pet more like inseparable friends. Falada was a wise horse and often made his own decisions in tough situations which saved the general many times. Although Sehun would get upset at his disobedience it was not long after he understand the meaning and depth of his actions.

The Prince was way ahead, but Sehun stopped some distance away from the battlefield to assess the situation. The enemies were strong, and the soldiers had made multiple walls around the enemy king, making it hard for anyone to even get a glimpse of the king. If her men continued to push through the walls, they would be killed quickly. In situations like these, when their forces were dimming, he knew they needed help from other kingdoms.

Their kingdom was friends with majority of the other kingdoms and in times of need they would help other kingdoms in battle, or providing resources so that are able to sustain themselves. It was now that they needed that same help from other kingdoms. Sehun looked around and saw the messenger sitting by the tents, looking at her in fear. He understood meaning of the look and called him over. While he ran towards Sehun, he wrote three messages addressed to three different kingdoms. It was the best way. He was not sure himself who would be willing enough to come. Hence by writing multiple messages the chances of atleast one kingdom coming to help very high.

Once the messenger left, he turned around to assess the battlefield again. The prince was fighting valiantly along with other soldiers. And on the other side, the king was standing on his chariot, shouting orders to the soldiers. Since the human barricade was difficult to break through, he did not see the need to fight as for now.  

They had used trickery, and he in turn would use trickery was as well. He saw a dead soldier and wore his clothes. The clothes were a disguise to try to get close to the king. No one would notice since everyone was busy fighting.

Sehun made his way through, injuring some of his men, which hurt him deeply. Never in his life had he even dreamt of hurting his men. But he had to keep up with the façade as he already felt questioning glances being thrown towards him. He had to do this before their kingdom fell into the evil clutches of the enemy king. However despite hurting some of his men, he did not hesitate to kill the enemies in discretion. 

He had left Falada in the woods nearby, wanting to avoid all attention that he was not part of their army. He noticed the prince heading his way towards Sehun and on instinct he feared for Sehun’s life. He ran off to the prince startling him. He wanted to show that Sehun was disguised as an enemy had managed to penetrate the walls of the barricading human. Jongin however was not able to understand the excited beast and turned to look in the direction of Sehun. He did not see Sehun but his clothes instead. Jongin misunderstood Falada thinking that he was supposed to continue to kill that person. 

While he was making way to the king, in the corner of his eye he could see that the barricade was breaking slowly on her men were gaining on the king. He had to speeden up the killing of the king, pushing through the men to get through to the king. He did not know how long his men could last.

“You are not going anywhere.” A familiar voice was gaining on him.

Jeonha

 He turned around with twinkling eyes but instead met a sword through his stomach. His face turned pale. He was shocked when he saw Falada push him away with his hoofs, protecting Sehun but leaving a heavily injured Jongin was the impact of the hoofs hit him directly on the chest. 

“Jeonha.” He whispered as he rushed towards the prince. Falada still push him further. He saw Jongin as a threat. The horse understood that Jongin did not know that he was Sehun. His horse was protecting him, but Sehun was still unable to understand the situation. When he looked down, he noticed the clothes and understood the situation. 

He stepped closer to Jongin and in anger pushed his blade through Sehun’s stomach while at the same time received an arrow from the back. He had stepped in before the arrow could reach the prince. 

"Jeonha" His helmet fell off and that was the last thing he said before Falada took action and dragged Sehun out of the battlefield, protecting his master from further harm. 

Jongin however was shock, in pain. 

He killer him. He killed the general. The general from his own army. He killed...him

Tears started forming in his eyes. He stared at his hands. He was angry at himself. How could he have done that? He had to continue to fight, but his mind was on Sehun. He killed him. He cursed himself, while tears continued to falls from his eyes. 

"Prince. We received the message. We are here to help you." Jongin turned around and saw princes from the other kingdoms with their forces ready to fight the war with him. He gave them a slow nod and they soon left him to fight the war against the enemy. 

His eyes wandered in the direction to where Falada had taken Sehun. He understood that he called for help. He did everything to win the war. He managed to penetrate the walls. And he killed him...

His thoughts were cut short, when he jerked up and felt an arrow going through his stomach. 

Sehun had managed to remove the arrow from behind him. He knew there was not a lot of time left for her. He knew it was all his fault. He should had told the prince about his plan. He groaned as the pangs of pain was getting stronger. Falada was getting fidgety. He understood the situation. His owner was on the verge of dying. He tried to do his best to save him. And the only person he thought of was, Jongin. 

He ran out, leaving Sehun confused and shocked and dying. When he saw Jongin got hit by an arrow, he rushed towards him and dragged him out of the battlefield to where Sehun was. 

"Jeonha!" Sehun panicked when he saw his dying prince. He tried to get up but he was losing energy by the second. 

"General Sehun. I am so sorry." he saw his red eyes. Instead of saying anything, he pulled himself closer to the prince and hugged him. "I did not mean to." His voice was getting softer. He was dying. 

"It is okay. I love..." And Sehun's body fell to the ground. And it was not long after when he body fell on the ground as well, in his rightful place, next to Sehun. 

"THE KING IS DEAD!" The cried from the battlefield were ringing. They had won the war. But the cries fell short when they saw the prince and general, dead on the floor in their camp. 

They knew it was too late. They were gone.