Hairclip {Jaebum / Soojung)

GOTLove Drabbles

            Jaebum can’t remember what he was thinking about before he felt he stepped on something strange. He and his groupmates were walking together towards the stage for closing. This is end of the year so it’s a little bit more crowded than usual in the hallway. Most of the group sticking together just like his group does, but he can’t miss the sight of a small girl walking a little bit in rush to catch up her groupmate. Well she’s smaller than most of girl group members he knows. He know he can’t talk to her, not now because she’s far away ahead of him and what is that under his feet ? he almost forgot about that little stuff he was stepped on.  He bent down to pick it up. A hairclip. He seems familiar with this pretty hairclip with a glittery red bow but he can’t remember. So, he decide to keep it as he walk to catch up with to the stage.

            Everyone loves Christmas, so does Jaebum. White snowflake fall from the sky covering everything in the town with white thick layers of cold snow. It was cold but his heart feel warm. And one more thing he loves about Christmas, he will get a chance to meet her, to greet her once again. It’s been a while after their last encounter, though he had (secretly) monitor her schedule and check out some pictures and videos of her it feels different if he meet her in person, like today.

            Boy groups walked down the stage the last, they’re being gentleman to excuse the girls to walk first. Jaebum stop right in front of his waiting room when his eyes catch a same figure he saw earlier. She can’t tell Jaebum was looking at her because she was too busy to looking around on the floor. Jaebum can’t hold his smile anymore, it’s a chance he get today. The chance he’s really looking for.

            “ Are you looking for something? “ The girl look a little bit surprised because of him.

            “ Ah, yes.” She answer shyly as avert her gaze to the floor again, pretending looking for her losing stuff. She can’t meet his eyes just like that, it’s too awkward.

            “ Perhaps, you’re looking for this? “ Jaebum held out his hand and she looks surpised yet relief at the same time.” I found this in front of my waiting room and remember you wearing this during your stage.”

            Soojung almost ask how could he knows she’s wearing that hairclip but she heldback herself. It’s obvious he was watching her performance but how could he remember the exact thing she was wearing at the time. It’s only a hairclip though.

            “ Thank you,” Soojung can only manage to say that.

            “ Yeah, you’re most welcome.” Jaebum scratch the back of his neck nervously. Yes, they’re dance partner before and it was last year. They never really talk beside the ‘how to do this dance’ topic. And after new year they never keep contact again, well she didn’t own a cellphone and they only meet once in a while during their promotion time. Not like Jaebum has a chance to talk with her.” How are you doing?” He finally asked.

            Soojung’s lips pressed into a tiny smile, “ I’m doing well. I see you’re doing really well too.” Jaebum nods his head softly,”Oh, and congratulation for your first win. I know it’s really late to say this but better than nothing at all,right?”

            Jaebum chuckles and nodded his head again, this time is more excited.” Yeah, I guess we did pretty well this year and I hope you will got your first win next year.”

            “ I hope so, we still have to work harder. “

            “ Well, it’s worth it.”

            “Yeah,” Soojung paused for a while. She still want to talk with him but she can’t leave her group for too long.” Anyway, thank you for keeping this.” Soojung put the hairclip on her left head like it’s supposed to be and smiles to Jaebum. Her smile  is kinda different now, it's wider than usual showing her dimple perfectly and Jaebum likes it, a lot. He try hard no too obvious about but it’s little bit hard for him.

            “ Okay. See you around, I guess ?” He barely say that and set himself not to hope too much about her answer but her answer actually really lits him up.

            “ Yes, see you around JB-sshi.” She turned and walked to her waiting room, leaving Jaebum freezing on his feet.