Terrible Two's

Terrible Two's - Myungsoo

“Daddy’s home” You cooed, seeing the familiar headlights pull into the driveway.

Your little boy’s feet scampered across the hardwood floor, stomping his feet up the stairs then finally hearing his bedroom door slam shut, you looked up in that direction with a sigh.

“We don’t slam doors” You called out to him, returning your eyes to the pot of soup that you were making for dinner. Stirring and stirring the soup, your eyes followed the moving liquid as you sighed softly.

Zoning out, your mind thought of other things as your hand went into auto pilot, continuously stirring the soup. Feeling a pair of arms wrap around your waist, you jumped a little, your eyes glancing over your shoulder at the familiar face came into view.

“Hey beautiful” Myungsoo whispered softly against your cheek before he pressed his lips gently to your cheek with a lingering kiss.

“Hey” You replied quietly and shortly, your hand stirring the soup once again.

“How was your day sweetie?” He questioned, his body gently pressing against yours as he rested his head against yours.

“It was a little rough today…” You sighed as your head gently leaned against his.

“Leo being a little naughty?” He questioned, referring to your son. Humming softly, you closed your eyes as he placed another kiss against your cheek.

“I’m sorry” He whispers after the soft kiss.

Turning off the heat, you placed the lid over the soup to let it simmer as you turned around in his arm and wrapped your arms around him.

He rubbed your back gently and lovingly, his fingers spreading along your back as his hands traveled over your spine, your shoulder blades and down to the small of your back. After a while, you lifted your head off of his shoulder and looked into his eyes. Tipping your chin up a little more, you felt his warm comforting lips press against yours.

Little did you know, your little boy was watching you from between the railings on the second floor. Standing up, he quietly moved down the stairs before a familiar pair of feet scampered once more across the floor, stopping close to you. Myungsoo quickly pulled away from the kiss and whined, his form crumbled forward as you held him up as he lifted his leg up and rubbing his shin.

“Did you just kick dad?” You questioned seriously as your son nodded, and stuck out his tongue at you.

“Why did you do that?” Myungsoo whimpered a little, steadying himself against the counter top as you moved from Myungsoo and knelt down in front of your son to try and get his side of the story.

“Daddy was kissing you” He replied simply, his little hands playing with one another while his eyes looked into yours, showing you that he wasn’t ashamed of what he did.

“We don’t kick people ever and we don’t do things like this when people kiss” Keeping your eyes on his, you tried to think quickly of what to do, glancing over at your husband, you saw that he had returned his foot to the ground and he was trying to put some weight on it.

His little head nodded in understanding, “Go say you are sorry” You whispered as you watched your little boy turn and head over to his father.

“Daddy…” He started as Myungsoo knelt down, being careful of his kicked leg. Stepping towards his dad, his arms opened towards his father and wrapped them around Myungsoo’s neck, bringing his little body against his father’s. Myungsoo slowly moved his hands and held Leo in his arms before your little boy turned his head and opened his mouth and biting Myungsoo’s neck harshly.

“Owwwwwww” Myungsoo whined as he stood up and you jumped into action, trying to pry your toddler from your husbands’ neck. Watching Myungsoo hold your son’s body away from him, you forced your son’s mouth open slightly, releasing Myungsoo’s neck.

Taking your son away from Myungsoo, he kicked and screamed as you couldn’t take this anymore. The whole day was like this and you were done with his attitude and how he was treating you and now your husband.

“You’re going into time out” You told Leo as he kicked and screamed, trying to wiggle from your arms as you trotted upstairs, holding onto him tighter so he wouldn’t fall.

Walking into his room, you grabbed one of his small chairs and put it into the middle of the room before you placed your toddler on top.

“You have to stay in this chair for ten minutes, if you leave this chair, you will get five more minutes added on. I will let you know when your time is up.” You told him, standing to your feet as he sat still in his chair. “We do not kick or bite people okay? That is mean, I don’t want to be mea-”

“Mommy mean!” He called, still staying in his chair, “Mommy mean!” Leo yelled louder than before as you slowly backed away out of his room and closed the door behind you.

Taking a deep breath, you closed your eyes for a moment before you opened them to see Myungsoo climbing the last few steps with a slight limp.

“I’m sorry” You whispered as you walked over to him and wrapped your arm around him.

“I guess this is what they call the terrible two’s” Myungsoo chuckled getting you to smile a little.

“I guess so, but I better make sure that you aren’t hurt too badly” You told him, passing Leo’s room and opening the door to your shared master bedroom.

The two of you sat on the bed as he pulled up his pant leg and examined his leg. “Ah it might leave a little bruise” He remarked, touching it lightly with his fingers.

“I think this one might leave a bigger bruise” You giggled, brushing your thumb over his neck where Leo bit him.

“How bad is it?” Myungsoo questioned sitting as still as he could, letting you get a better look at it

“It looks like a hickey” You chuckled as he tilted his head away from you. “Have you been seeing someone?” You .

“I have actually” He played along

“Oh? What’s her name?” You questioned seeing where this would lead.

“Leo, she is quite small and very young” Myungsoo smiled as he rested his hand on your leg, rubbing his thumb across your jeans.

“I thought Leo was a boy’s name” You laughed, trying to keep a straight face.

“You caught me” He began to blush, quickly wrapping his arms around you, he fell back onto the bed, bringing you with him as you laid on his chest. 

“What should I do with you?” You questioned, brushing your fingers over his cheek as you laid on his chest.

“I don’t know” He replied like a child, shrugging his shoulders

“I can’t punish you with a hickey, cause someone already beat me to it” You laughed as he laughed along, blushing madly on his cheeks.

“Well…. I could give you one to match” He eskimo kissed you as you blushed in turn and bit down on your bottom lip.

“We’ll see” You smiled as you rested your head on his chest.

“Mom can I come out now?!” Your two year old called from his room as Myungsoo sighed, slowly rubbing your back.

“No, not yet” You told him back as the timer went off in the kitchen for the soup to be done.

“I’ll go down and set up for dinner if you want to finish your time out” Myungsoo played with the ends of your hair lightly.

“I don’t want to leave my time out” You told him, nuzzling into his chest

“I’ll give you another time out tonight” He kissed the top of your head before sitting up.

“Okay” You nodded as the two of you headed out of the bedroom, you stayed outside Leo’s room while Myungsoo went down and spooned the soup into bowls and set the table for your little family.

Watching the time tick by on your phone, you opened Leo’s door to find him crying in his chair, right where you left him.

“Why are you crying Leo?” You knelt down in front of him

“I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to hurt Daddy….” Leo sobbed as he clumsily wiped away his tears.

“You have to say sorry and promise not to do it again, okay?” You told him, gently rubbing his small leg gently.

“I promise” Leo nodded his head as you wiped away his tears and wrapped him in a hug.

“Let’s go have some yummy dinner okay?” You whispered as he nodded and tightened his grip around you. Lifting him up in his arms, you carried him safely downstairs and set him in his booster seat as he carefully ate all of his dinner.

“I am sorry Daddy, I promise not to bite or kick you again” Leo confessed after a quiet dinner.

“Thank you for saying sorry, we may have to teach you soccer so you can put that kick to good use” Myungsoo smiled and pet his son’s head getting Leo to smile a little.

“Only if you play with me Daddy” Leo smiled as Myungsoo nodded his head, promising to play with his son and teaching him everything he knew about the sport.