final

Tears

Mir let out the tenth heavy sigh for the day and threw his gaze outside the van. His eyes stung and he knew they were swollen from the session of crying last night. As his memories of last night wheeled back in into his mind, Mir felt the same tightness on his chest and he slumped into his seat, sniffing a bit and blinking to keep the warm tears from falling again.

            Too absorbed in his own sadness, he didn't realized the watching pair of eyes that clearly filled with worries and concern at his state. GO was purely worried for the maknae. For the whole day, he noticed Mir seemed lifeless. The younger just paddled through the day with no single focus on what he was doing. There were a few times when he caught Mir almost crashing into wall, walking in daze, almost drink a lotion their stylist put beside his water bottles, and a few other episodes where he found himself saving the dazed maknae.

            What was happening to Mir, he wondered. Did someone hurt their maknae's feeling? Did Mir have some sorts of problem he didn't want to share? GO would have asked but he wasn't really good in things like this. He wasn't good with things involving emotion. He would have no problem listening if the younger wanted to talk, but it was hard if he was the one to start all the heart-to-heart conversation and that was why he just stayed in the background for the whole day, eyes scarcely left the younger.

            "The moon..." Mir suddenly spoke up, using his small voice that sounded so loud to break the silence in the van. His large soft brown eyes looked sad as he gazed up through the window of the van into the nightsky littered with stars and moon that shine brightly and brilliantly. "It looks so beautiful." The melancholic way maknae was stating it called GO to look out into the nightsky as well while Seungho just glanced uninterestedly in Mir's direction before he got back to his gadget, typing something.

            "Yes, it is." GO whispered and when he turned back around to look at the maknae, he was startled to see the unshed glistening tears in those big brown eyes. Okay... This was getting to him more than it have for the whole day. Gathering his courage, GO put his hand on Mir's shoulder, squeezing it a bit. "Is something wrong?"

            It seemed that his questioned had Mir's apparently fragile heart and tears streaming down the maknae's delicate features. Mir sobbed loudly and his face contorted into pain.

            GO gasped at the sight and stiffened when Mir leaned into his chest. With awkward stiff hands, he patted the boy's back and tried his best to sooth the crying boy. "What is it?" He asked tenderly and threw helpless glance to Seungho who was by now watching the scene from the front seat with unchanged expression. Looking uninterested but still watching and listening.

            "How can they do this to me?" Mir sobbed even more. His hands clung on GO's sweater, the materials so hard that his knuckles turned white. His frame shaking in GO's loose hold.

            Alert and anxious at the words his dongsaeng had uttered, GO asked, "Who? What had they done to you? What happened?"

            There was small sigh coming from Seungho in between Mir's distracting sobs.

            Mir tried to control his breathing but it took long moments for him to talk, voice wavering and weak. "How can he died after I treasure him so much?"

            "Huh?" GO was utterly puzzled by now. Someone died? Who would have died and caused Mir to grieve this much? Someone Mir treasured? He couldn't think of anyone... He had no idea...

            "I love him so much. He can't do this to me! They can't do this to me!" Mir raised his voice and burrowed his face further in GO's chest, muffling his sobs there.

            GO cleared his throat and though he still had no idea how to calm the younger down, he tightened his hold around Mir's shaky frame and rocked the boy slightly. He turned to the almost forgotten leader and asked for help silently.

            When Seungho rolled his eyes in change, GO was truly surprised. He thought Seungho cared so much about Mir, even more than him, himself. And he thought that the indifference Seungho had shown since the start was really out of place. If anything, the leader should have leapt to the maknae's side, doing all he could to comfort the youngest.

            Seungho let out a long breath as he shifted in his seat to get a better look at Mir in the backseat. "Cheolyong-ah, there's nothing you can do about it."

            So... Seungho knew? Why the hell GO was the only one who had no freaking idea on what was happening?

            GO felt Mir was shaking his head against his chest that the younger's brown hair flew slightly and tickled his neck. "But, it's unfair!" Mir cried out and GO swore he had difficulty breathing as Mir's arms started to round his waist and squeezed him with so much force.

            "It had to be done." Seungho replied.

            "No, it's not." This time Mir pulled away from GO to cast his glare on the leader before sulking himself in the corner of the van, curling into himself like a sleeping kitten.

            GO scratched the back of his head and demand for explanation from Seungho through his eyes. Seungho just smirked at him. He smirked? In this situation? Where Mir was obviously hurt by something or rather someone based on what he had heard?

            "New volume of Death Note was just released yesterday." Seungho explained. GO blinked in confusion and Mir suddenly sobbed louder at the mention of the manga. How did that had anything to do with this? "And-" When he tried to explain further to his clueless friend, Mir finally burst, yelling and looking more like his loud rumbunctious self.

            "They killed L! Can you believe it? L is supposed to be the one to stop Kira but how can they kill the only-" Mir's words was cut off by his own hiccup for crying too much. "Aish!"

            "There will be other hero to save the day, I'm sure." Seungho tried to reason.

            Mir scowled. "It won't be the same."

            "Maybe you will like how it will turn out. Just wait for the next issue."

            Mir shook his head and cursed when his hiccup still didn't stop. "And this hiccup is killing me!" He whined.

            "Come here." Seungho beckoned for Mir to scoot closer and tried to hand Mir a bottle of water but soon froze when GO who had been a bit too quiet suddenly spoke out.

            "This is all because of a manga?" He asked quietly. Seungho nodded in response and Mir gulped loudly at the grim look on his second oldest hyung, prompting him to climbed to the most backseat in the van, putting distance from GO and that was when GO exploded. "YAH! YOU DRENCH MY FAVOURITE T-SHIRT WITH YOUR SNOT AND TEARS JUST FOR A BLOODY MANGA? FOR SOME FICTIONAL CHARACTER'S DEATH? YOU ALMOST GOT ME A HEART ATTACK AND I WAS WORRYING OVER YOU LIKE SOME IDIOT AND LET'S SEE IF I'LL CARE IF YOU CRY AGAIN AFTER THIS!"

            "But... Hyung... L died..." Mir's bottom lips quivered and fresh tears decorated his flushed cheeks once again. His wide round sad eyes looked like a cornered puppy.

            GO clamped his mouth shut and facepalm. The reason might be foolish but their baby maknae is still crying. Letting out a defeated sigh, he opened his arm. "Come here."

            Mir jumped at the offer and let himself curled into GO's motherly embrace.

            Seungho snickered. "Softie." He mocked.

            "Shut up. You should see his face." GO replied, Mir's brown locks. "You'd lost too."

            "True."