Final

Our love is eternal

Our love is eternal

 

The loud obnoxious sound of Hyunseung's ringtone blasted throughout his shared bedroom. He groggily pats around his bed and bedside table in search for his phone before answering, all the while subconsciously realising that Junhyung wasn't there beside him. It has been like that for a couple of weeks now-Hyunseung waking up to an empty bed, Hyunseung going to sleep alone, Hyunseung eating by himself. The whole apartment felt too big, yet at the same time, suffocating.

"Jang Hyun Seung, are you even listening?" Manger Jiyong asked before sighing exasperatedly.

"What was it? Schedule today at 11am right?" Hyunseung mumbled in response, still a little lost in his thoughts.

"Yes, so you have about an hour to wake up get ready. I'll pick you up at about 8.30. Is Junhyung with you? I need to speak with him-"

"Then go call him yourself!" Hyunseung spat angrily before hanging up. He usually wasn't like this, he was always calm and composed. However, the effects of not having Junhyung with him, the effects of Junhyung seemingly ignoring him has been catching up with him and he felt tired, frustrated. He didn't know what he did wrong and why he was being treated as such.

Hyunseung climbed out of bed and started to make his way into the kitchen to toast some bread before washing up. On the way out of the kitchen he spotted his shirtless boyfriend sleeping soundly on the couch. Hyunseung walked over and stared at him. Junhyung was mumbling something in his sleep and the sight was absolutely adorable to Hyunseung. Hyunseung felt his anger slowly dissipate into adoration and he leaned down to place a soft kiss onto Junhyung's cheek.

Junhyung, having felt the kiss immediately flinched and moved backwards on the couch. Hyunseung frowned slightly before plastering a fake smile onto his face and saying, "Continue your sleep in the room. Sleeping like this isn't good for you. "

Junhyung nodded silently, avoiding any form of eye contact with Hyunseung before moving into their shared bedroom. With Junhyung gone from the living room, Hyunseung had a mini breakdown. He sat on the couch and drawled his knees up to his chest before starting to sob silently, tears flowing down his cheek before streaming down his chest. It all suddenly became too much for him.

Junhyung laid down on the bed and stared emptily at the ceiling. It's been a couple of weeks since he started distancing himself from Hyunseung. He didn't have a choice really, every time he was near the said male he would feel guilt pricking all over his heart. He didn't mean to do it, didn't mean to hurt his boyfriend in such a way. Junhyung wasn't blind. He'd noticed his boyfriend's bloodshot eyes, noticed the way Hyunseung seems to be spacing out a lot more than usual, talk a lot less than usual. And of course, Junhyung noticed that all these were happening because of him.

No matter how hard he tried to go to sleep, he couldn't. When he closed his eyes, he could see the shock and disappointment in Hyunseung's eyes from his rejected kiss. The sadness. The scene of Hyunseung faking a smile, trying to pretend his lips weren't quivering in a previous frown was haunting him. Junhyung sighed out loud, and decided to get a glass of water, immediately regretting his decision when he sees his poor boyfriend hugging himself and crying on the couch. Junhyung wants to run back to the room and pretend that he didn't see what he just saw, but it was his instinct, his instinct as Hyunseung's boyfriend that led him to stride over to Hyunseung's side and embrace the other in a comforting hug.

Hyunseung tries to push Junhyung away, tries to scramble out of his hold, but Junhyung isn't having any of it. In fact, he hugs Hyunseung tighter and places soft kisses on Hyunseung's forehead. Hyunseung eventually gave up on fighting and buried his face in Junhyung's chest, taking in the scent of Junhyung, the scent which he hasn't smelt in too long. "Seungie..." Junhyung mumbles against Hyunseung's hair, pulling away slightly to wipe Hyunseung's tears. It pained him to see his boyfriend cry because he himself knew that Hyunseung doesn't cry easily at all.

"Don't cry baby..you know I don't like seeing you cry. "

"And you know I don't like it when you hide things from me!" Hyunseung shouted suddenly, pushing Junhyung away and running off to the bathroom before slamming the door shut. Junhyung groaned inwardly, debating whether or not to run after his boyfriend or to give him some space to calm down first.

"Beep! Beep!" A burning smell started to come out from the kitchen, causing Junhyung to temporarily forget about his predicament. The toast that Hyunseung was making before was completely charred to bits. Junhyung took the burnt toast out carefully before putting in a new set of bread. He began to fry an omelette and some bacon to put along side the toast. Just when he heard the bathroom door open, he placed the delicious plate of goodness onto the dinner table and walked over to find Hyunseung.

"I'm sorry," they both said at the same time when they finally cross paths and had eye contact.

"You go first." Junhyung said.

"I'm sorry for flipping out on you. I didn't mean to shout. I don't know how I got so angry-"

"You have every right to be. This is completely my fault-" Junhyung was cut off by Hyunseung's phone ringing.

"Hello, Jiyong hyung? Yes....yes...no he isn't ready yet...what? Oh okay...mmhm..bye." Hyunseung hung up on the phone. "Go get ready, Jiyong hyung is coming in 20 minutes."

"Hyunseung-"

"Junhyung, we'll save it for later okay? We need to go to work."

"Okay...there's breakfast on the table." Hyunseung nodded awkwardly before moving past Junhyung to the dinner table, mouth opening in shock when he realised his plain old toast which was most definitely burnt since he forgot to take it out has turned into a delicious full meal completed with a glass of milk. Hyunseung sat down and noticed there were words written in tomato sauce on his omelette. "I love you...sorry." A sad smile tugged on Hyunseung's lips as he remembered the morning's previous events. Well, at least there was some form of interaction compared to the usual none.

As Hyunseung was about to take a bite of his breakfast. He realized that there was only about 15 minutes left and Junhyung still hadn't finished getting ready, which meant that he wouldn't have enough time for breakfast. Hyunseung stood up from his chair and started to prepare a sandwich for Junhyung. Junhyung was extremely particular about his sandwiches, he didn't like it when his ham, lettuce, tomato and cheese were placed in the wrong sequence. But thankfully, his boyfriend of nearly 5 years new exactly what kind of sandwich he liked. After preparing the perfect sandwich, Hyunseung heated the sandwich for a little bit so that when Junhyung was finished getting ready, the sandwich would be nice and warm for him.

The sound of a door being unlocked led Hyunseung to turn his head in order to see the handsome image of Junhyung shirtless in just skinny jeans and drying his hair. "You haven't finish eating? They just texted me that they're reaching our apartment block." Hyunseung nodded wordlessly before stuffing the last piece of bacon into his mouth and bringing it over to the sink to wash the plate. There was a knock on the door and a now fully clothed Junhyung walk over to open the door to let manager Jiyong enter. "Kids hurry. The other boys are waiting for you in the van already." Junhyung walked into the bedroom and took his and Hyunseung's phones, earpieces, wallets and everything they would need before he started to put on his shoes.

Hyunseung, now having just finished washing the dishes was about to dash into his room when Junhyung's voice stopped him. "I already got your stuff. Just turn off the kitchen lights please. " Junhyung said, dangling Hyunseung's earpiece and leaning against the door, waiting. Hyunseung hurriedly went over to the microwave to remove the sandwich which was still pretty hot, yelling in pain from the heat while he dropped the sandwich. Luckily, he managed to not drop the sandwich onto the floor but onto a plate instead before taking a sandwich bag and putting the sandwich in. He knew that his fingers would probably blister soon but nothing was worse than his boyfriend being hungry.

"Is something wrong?" Junhyung asked, running into the kitchen when he thought he had heard Hyunseung shout.

"N-nothing! Here." Hyunseung said, pushing the sandwich bag to Junhyung's chest. "I didn't want you to be hungry and-" Hyunseung's words were cut off by a quick kiss planted on his lips.

"Thanks Seungie."

"Kids! We need to go! Hurry!" Manger Jiyong shouted across the room, looking at his watch.

"Coming, coming." Junhyung says, walking out of the kitchen, leaving a dazed Hyunseung behind. It's not like it was their first kiss, Hyunseung thought. It's not like it was a very passionate steamy kiss either. It's just...it was their first kiss in like 3 weeks so it wasn't his fault that he was rooted to the ground while his fingers trailed ghostly paths across his lips.

"JANG HYUN SEUNG!"

"I'm here! I'm here!"

 

The ride in the van wasn't anything but awkward. Due to extra items they had to bring to their schedule as well as Yoseob complaining and whining that he would rather die than sit with Gikwang and Dongwoon at the back of the van, Hyunseung had no choice but to sit with them. What was the big idea after all? This led to the maknae line and Hyunseung at the back of the van, Junhyung, Yoseob and a bunch of other crap in the middle, while Doojoon and the manager was at the front.

It was a 2 hour car ride and Hyunseung was about to get comfortable and start on a nap when he heard Yoseob's excited voice saying, "whoa Junhyungie that looks delicious! Can I have a bite?"

Hyunseung opened his eyes slightly to peek at what Junhyung would do, and he was very satisfied at his reaction.

"No. This is a special sandwich. Go away." This further led to a complaining whining Yoseob who only quietened down after Doojoon promised to get him ice cream later.

 

"Ya! Hyung, hyunseung hyung is right beside you!" Dongwoon's whispered, waking Hyunseung up. Hyunseung was a pretty light sleeper, moreover since his earpiece and handphone was with Junhyung. Hyunseung looked around, everyone in the van was asleep with earpieces, except manager Jiyong who was concentrating on the road. Wait a moment, everyone except the two maknaes beside Hyunseung. Hyunseung turned his head sharply to face them when he thought he had heard a soft moan. He opened his mouth to scream when Gikwang hurriedly covered Hyunseung's mouth with his hands. Hyunseung smacked his hand, trying to get it away. "Don't scream okay." Hyunseung frantically nodded. He would do anything as long as Gikwang took his hands off his mouth, especially hands that were recently Dongwoon's... Hyunseung didn't want to finish that thought as he quickly took out a wet tissue to wipe his mouth when Gikwang removed his hands.

"Hyung...I'm insulted. I'm not dirty you know. " Dongwoon whispers, quickly tucking himself in."

"Not dirty? You were receiving a at the back of a van and you dare to tell me you're not dirty?" Hyunseung whisper-shouts back, huffing and looking away from them. He looks out of the window and gazes at the morning sky, actually feeling quite comfortable until he hears a "Woonie, are we not continuing?" Hyunseung closed his eyes. He understood now why Yoseob was so adamant on not sitting at the back with them.

Sighing, he tried to fall back to sleep and ignore the pants and soft moans from Dongwoon when he suddenly felt his own jeans tightening. "Wow, am I really getting because of Dongwoon's moans...this alone proves how Junhyung has been ignoring me..." Hyunseung thinks to himself. He ignored the slight throb in his pants before drifting off to sleep.

 

When they were reaching the venue, Junhyung turned around to Hyunseung's cheeks in order to wake him up. "Seungie, we've arrived." Junhyung murmurs, admiring his boyfriend's peaceful sleeping face. "Junnie?" Hyunseung murmurs back opening his eyes slowly with a small pout forming on his lips. Junhyung squeals inwardly at the cute sight. It's been so long since he had last seen his cute boyfriend wake up. But he didn't have anyone else to blame, it was mostly his fault.

However by the time Hyunseung was fully awake and understanding of the situation, he moved away from Junhyung's touch and looked away awkwardly. It wasn't that he didn't want to be touched by his boyfriend. It's just that if Junhyung rejected Hyunseung's kiss on the cheek, why should Hyunseung accept his gentle of the cheek? It just simple wasn't fair. At this sight, Junhyung sighed and pulled back his hand. He understood why his boyfriend was being like this. But he already felt like , and it's not like it was his choice, so why couldn't Hyunseung be a little bit more cooperative?

"You still haven't told him?" Dujun whispered to Junhyung as they got out of the car. The two of them were walking in the front with manager Jiyong while Gikwang, Dongwoon and Yoseob were talking animatedly in the middle. Hyunseung was at the back, quiet with too much on his mind.

"How Dujun? Look at him. I feel terrible enough as it is and I can't bear to hurt him even further." "You have to Yong, he's been looking like for practically a month. You think we haven't noticed? All of us have, even idiotic Gikwang. But just explain it to him soon okay? He deserves to know."

Dujun says, looking at Junhyung seriously. Junhyung saw that his leader was firm about this and decided, heck he was tired of lying too.

"I'll tell him tonight." He finally grumbles, pouting a little bit in annoyance.

"Stop that face, it's ugly on you. Only Yoseob can pull it off."

"Oh shut up you." Junhyung retaliated and they both laughed, glad that the mood has lightened up.

 

"Jang Hyun Seung. That's the fourth time you've made the same mistake already. " The choreographer scolded. It has been a day filled with recording, filming, and even a fanmeet, yet the ruthless day was not over. It has been only two hours since the dance practice has started and Hyunseung has already managed to mess up a total of seven times. There was still an hour to go before they were to be dismissed, how on earth was he going to survive?

It wasn't that he was bad at dancing. Hyunseung was great at it, some even say he's better than Gikwang. Yet despite it being the greatest passion of his life, Hyunseung did not have the willpower that day to put in his hundred percent, mainly because his mind was still full of the confusing events that happened in the morning and the car that the choreographer's instructions just couldn't enter.

"Sorry, " Hyunseung replied, weariness evident in his voice, "let me try again-"

"Hyunseung ah, I think you should just go to rest, return home, rest properly and be better and more energised tomorrow okay? " Dujun said, giving Hyunseung a reassuring pat on his shoulder. As a friend and leader, Dujun knew that Hyunseung was suffering both mentally and physically and was too exhausted to even walk, much less dance.

"Junhyung, you've memorised the moves already right?" The leader spoke again. Junhyung nodded, slightly taken aback by the question. All of them except Hyunseung has memorised the moved since the first hour they've started, so why was the leader asking the obvious? "Take Hyunseungie home will you? Make sure the both of you rest well." Junhyung gulped, even though he knew what needs to be done, he wasn't sure if he was ready. He looked over to Hyunseung, who was shyly looking back at him. "It's fine Dujun ah, I can-" before Hyunseung got a chance to speak, Junhyung interrupted.

"Sure Dujun. Thanks for the hard work guys. I'll be on my way with Seungie first." Junhyung replied, thanking Dujun with a slight smile and small nod, before he started to pack his bag. Junhyung walked over to Hyunseung who had just finished packing his bag and took it from him, walking swiftly out of the studio.

"Yah! Give it back! I can carry it myself you know. " Hyunseung shouts, running after his boyfriend. "I'm not weak."

"I know you're not. But you're tired. And don't even try to deny that. Just let me do this for you, please. " With that, Hyunseung decided to keep his mouth shut because he felt like there was more to Junhyung's strained words. As if Junhyung was trying to tell him something. So he kept silent, not a single word coming out of his or Junhyung's mouth the entire car ride.

 

The persistent feeling of nervousness and tension was still there when they both exited the car, thanking the driver before they walked off into the direction of their home. Their home. It didn't really feel like that anymore. It was more of just a big space where two people who used to feel really comfortable around each other now choose to live in awkward silence. Junhyung unlocked the door, stepping aside to let Hyunseung walk in first. Hyunseung walked in with his gaze on the floor, eyes looking soulless as it had been since Junhyung started avoiding him.

That's it, Junhyung thought, he couldn't let his the love of his life live like this anymore. "Seung..." Junhyung started, biting his cheek apprehensively. "Can we talk about this...about us?"

"Okay..." Hyunseung replied in barely a whisper. He took the bags from Junhyung and went to the room, sitting on the bed and fiddling with his fingers as he wondered what Junhyung was going to say. Will he finally come clean about what he has been hiding? Is he going to ask Hyunseung for a breakup? So many questions were popping in his head that he didn't realise his boyfriend has already entered the room and was sitting beside him.

"Seungie," Junhyung said, taking Hyunseung's hand in his own. "I'm sorry, you will probably hate me for this but-"

"No!" Hyunseung shouted, pulling his hands away and standing up, pointing an accusing finger at Junhyung. " I will NOT allow you to break up with me Yong Jun Hyung. I thought you said you love me-" Before he could continue, Junhyung pulled him down onto his lap and into a bone crushing hug before cupping his cheeks and smiling. "Jun...Junnie?" Hyunseung asked cutely, confused at the action. "Ya! Stop laughing! Why are you smiling, Yong? This is a serious matter!"

"Baby, why would you even think that I would ask for a breakup? You know I will always love you." Junhyung ask, planting a soft kiss onto Hyunseung's lips. Hyunseung looked into Junhyung's eyes carefully, and all he saw in them were pure love and honesty.

"Then why-"

"It's a long story so you better listen up babe," Junhyung instructed, shifting the both of them so that Junhyung was lying on the bed with Hyunseung on top of his chest.

"The company called me about a month ago, saying that there were too many rumours about us secretly dating. I told them that I knew about those rumours and I was fine with them. Since technically they aren't wrong. The ceo went crazy and started screaming at me saying that we were giving the group a bad image and that if we fags continue to be lovey dovey in public, one of us was going to be fired. I obviously didn't want that so I agreed to cut down on any forms of interaction between us, yet he still wasn't satisfied. He insisted on giving me a girlfriend, and trust me Seungie, I thought Hara would be my last fake relationship. So there's that. I will be having a girlfriend in two months. I'm really sorry. " Junhyung confessed in a whole long shot.

Meanwhile, Hyunseung didn't even flinch. He just listened carefully without a word the whole time while playing with a loose thread on Junhyung's shirt. He's been expecting this sooner or later since the ceo has always been giving them pointed looks whenever they were together, and the ceo's attempt of getting rid of these rumours using "Troublemaker" was of no use since the whole world caught on the fact that Hyunseung has never had a despite Hyuna dancing y moves and grinding all over his body. So in all honesty, there wasn't really any surprise there.

"Is that all? That's why you've been avoiding me?" He finally asked incredulously. "Junnie you should have just told me! Seriously..." He turned around to face Junhyung, an evident frown on his face. "And I thought you didn't love me anymore. "

"Babe..." Junhyung began, "I'm so sorry, I should have told you earlier. It's just, whenever I look at you, I'm reminded that I will soon belong to someone else, to the world's eyes at least. I feel like I'm cheating on you. You deserve better Hyunseung ah. And me not loving you? Please. That will never ever happen you understand? Never."

He then placed another kiss on Hyunseung's lips, this time, with more passion. Junhyung shifted Hyunseung properly so that Hyunseung was hovering over him and they could kiss better. The moment their lips collided, Hyunseung could feel the raw emotions that Junhyung was trying to express, and they continued kissing each other to their hearts' content. It's been awhile since they've shared such an intimate moment so it wasn't long before they both felt a stirring in their jeans. Hyunseung quickly broke the kiss, blushing and trying to move off Junhyung, however strong arms around his waist were preventing him from doing so.

"Where do you think you're going?" Junhyung asked with a y smirk on his face. Hyunseung blushed even more furiously at that and Junhyung couldn't help but chuckle. It wasn't the first time they were in such a position, probably not even the first hundred times they've made love, yet Hyunseung was always bashful about these intimate acts, the total opposite from the two maknaes who probably, no, definitely had in public before.

"We can't Junnie," Hyunseung tried to reason. "We haven't bathed and we're all sweaty and stinky and-"

"We can always get more sweaty and stinky-"

"You're disgusting."

"You're beautiful. And fine, lets go. We can have a bath together. It's been way too long babe." Junhyung gives in, and the both of them got out of bed and headed for the bathroom. The water was warm and the couple relaxed in it, letting the heat relieve some exhaustion from their muscles. They actually managed to properly shampoo their hair and soap up their bodies before they became a tangling mess in the water, making out against every surface of the bathtub.

After what seems like forever, they finally got out of the water with wrinkled skin, love bites on necks and chests, and flushed faces.

Hyunseung was sitting on the bed drying his hair with only a face towel covering his private parts while Junhyung was gawking from the bathroom door. " babe," Junhyung spoke, voice hoarser and deeper than usual, "Don't tease me like this."

Hyunseung looked up at Junhyung through his eyelashes seductively, a cheeky smile tugging on his lips. "Tease you like what?" He asked, tilting his head cutely in false confusion and innocence.

"." Junhyung growled, walking over to Hyunseung like a predator hunting its prey. Hyunseung looked into Junhyung's eyes and he saw the longing lust, and of course, love.

"God, take me Jun. It's been too damn long. I want you." Hyunseung admitted, throwing his towel somewhere, moving up the bed and sheepishly opening his legs. Junhyung, of course, agreed with no hesitation as they spent the rest of the night lost in long awaited ecstasy.

When they were laying on the bed, basking in the afterglow, Junhyung could feel Hyunseung's chest rise and fall at a more steady pace every second and he knew his beautiful boyfriend would be asleep soon. He smiled dumbly to himself. What has he done in his previous life to deserve such an amazing angel laying down beside him? He felt so extremely lucky that Hyunseung loved him back, and never would he ever let Hyunseung slip out of his arms again. Never would he let Hyunseung feel rejected again.

"Stop thinking babe," Hyunseung mumbles, moving closer to bury his face in Junhyung's chest while he swung one leg over Junhyung's.

"I'm thinking about you baby. You know I love you so much right? I'm sorry-"

"Stop apologising."

"This will be the last. I'm sorry Seungie, for hurting you. I just want you to know I love you too much to ever let you go. Don't ever doubt my feelings for you ever okay?" Junhyung wraps an arm around Hyunseung waist as he pulls Hyunseung closer to his chest and places a kiss on Hyunseung's forehead.

"I know Jun, our love is eternal." Although his words were muffled by Junhyung's chest, Junhyung understood perfectly.

Although the day ended well, it didn't go as well for Hyunseung the next day. After all, Hyunseung and Junhyung really missed each other. So whose fault was it really when Hyunseung's hips weren't able to turn sharply when the members were practicing their choreography? If anyone was to blame, it would be Junhyung.