A Weekday Afternoon At A Park

A Weekday Afternoon At A Park

"Oppa."

Sehun his lips off the ice-cream he just took a bite from and turns to face his little sister, only to see Sophia pointing with to the front. "What are you..." He turns towards to the direction of Sophia's line of sight and he stops walking completely, eyes fixed at the two person that are under a big, shady tree.

Sophia steps next to her brother, doesn't even blink as she stares longingly at her parents that have each other in their arms, kissing as her Papa's hands placed firmly on her Mama's slim waist.

"Well, we did gone longer than we thought..." Sehun starts walking again when his parents finally broke the kiss but he stops abruptly when something is pulling his shirt from behind. He turns to see his little sister shaking her head at him. "Sophia, what..."

"Look." Sophia gestures Sehun to the front and watches their Mama giggling at the kiss their Papa just planted on the neck. "Do you really want to disturb that?"

Sehun looks at his little sister and he really doesn't like the smirk on the younger's lips. He doesn't know what Sophia is thinking but he knows he won't like it. "Sophia, no."

"What?"

"Stop staring at Papa and Mama. Stop smirking like that. Stop..."

"No can't do. It is too late anyway." Sophia pulls her older brother by his shirt towards the other way from the shady tree where their parents are, ignoring the small protest and resistance Sehun is making. The older's hands are full with food and drinks for the four of them as she was insisted in buying and had dragged the older with her. "Oppa, stop trying to run away. You will drop the food!"

Sehun sighs as his little sister is right. There are already a few pieces of fries fell on the asphalt that is making a trail towards him. "Where are we going anyway?"

"Here."

Sehun feels his shirt being released and looks around the area. He is standing under a big tree and he is pretty sure that bunny mascot statue isn't moveable. "Sophia, what..." He blinks when a lithe finger is pressed against his mouth and he being turned around before the sight of their parents at the other side of the tree enters his view. He glances at his little sister with so many questions in mind but none of them come out as Sophia is pulling him to sit at the base of the tree trunk, completely hidden from their parents.

Sophia places down the food in her hands onto the grass, shushing Sehun from making any noise and takes off the camcorder hanging from her neck, switching it on and angle it the way she can see on the screen of what is happening without actually exposing herself. She turns to her brother and smiles at Sehun's headshake.

Sehun rolls his eyes when Sophia starts eating waffle they bought with gaze fixed at the small screen of the camcorder. He focuses at the same place and he can see their parents' side profile as they are sitting on the ground, listing to the conversation they are having.

"We should do this more often."

"No! Yifan, you made the kids skip school to go to amusement park! I won't let you do this again."

Sehun glances to his little sister that is silently laughing at the sight of their Papa being scolded by their Mama. Well, he does deserve it. It wasn't weird when his Papa asked his Mama if he want to come with to send him and Sophia to the school this morning and nobody said anything when his Papa took another road instead of the usual one but then his Papa entered the highway and his Mama went furious.

"Oppa." Sophia leans closer to whisper to her brother. "Papa really misses Mama, huh." She pulls away just enough to look at Sehun nodding slightly before feeling breath ghosting her ear.

"It was the longest time they were away from each other."

Sophia turns back to the camcorder and sees her Papa pulling her Mama closer, settling him between his legs before wrapping his arms around her Mama's tiny frame and resting his chin on his shoulder. Her Papa is always so sweet with her Mama and today he seems extra, extra sweet. Maybe since he was away for three whole weeks for his work when it usually maximum two and just got back yesterday. And the 'I'm home from my trip' kiss did last a bit longer than usual.

"Why aren't they back yet? Should we go and look for them?"

"They are big kids, Joonmyeon. Maybe they went on rides or something. Besides, I need to fill up my cuddle time."

Sophia can see the blush spreading on her Mama's cheek and she feels like fainting over how cute her Mama is right now. She snatches Sehun's ice blended away, giving her brother the mini pizza in exchange before continues watching the small screen.

Sehun sighs in defeat, mouth busy munching the food and occasionally nodding when Sophia nudges his side while pointing at the recording device as their Mama trying to avoid their Papa from kissing him.

"Yifan! Stop it!"

"Are you sure? Do you really want me to stop?"

Sehun rolls his eyes as Sophia falls onto his lap, one hand against her forehead at the sight of their Mama gives their Papa a quick peck on the lips despite the rejection he did earlier. "Get up. You are heavy."

"Mama and Papa will be the death of me someday." Sophia stays on the firm thighs, totally ignoring the hands that are trying to push her off and continues watching her parents that are still cuddling from Sehun's lap.

"Joonmyeon."

"Hm?"

"I'm sorry."

Sophia frowns.

"For what?"

"For not spending enough time with you and the kids."

"Yifan..."

Sehun listens.

"I've been working until late at night and then I went to that business trip and left you to take care of Sophia and Sehun alone. I'm sorry."

"Yifan, don't say that. You did nothing wrong. I know all those work you did were for us. Don't ever say you are sorry for that. Sehun and Sophia would be so sad if they heard you."

"But..."

"You are a great parent, Yifan. Me and the kids are so lucky to have you in our life. The random things you did never fail to make us happy. Like today."

Sehun caresses his little sister's long locks, remembering the nights he saw the study room light was still on at two, three in the morning when he went down to the kitchen to get some water. Sophia also had told him that she saw their Papa carrying their Mama up to their bedroom as their Mama had fallen asleep in the living room while waiting for their Papa to come home. But even after all that, he really couldn't hate his Papa because those were nothing compared with how much their Papa had done for their family.

"Hey, Joonmyeon."

"Yes, Yifan?"

"I love you."

Sophia literally melts on her brother's lap because that was so sweet and perfect and sweet and she is watching her Papa and Mama kissing and she can see the smile on both of them as her Papa pull her Mama closer, trapping him inside his arms before her Mama pulls away, only to give her Papa a series of quick pecks on his lips. She never seen this kind of kiss before and Sehun's low grunt tells her that she has to discuss the kiss name with the older.

"So, you have forgiven me for this then?"

"I have but the bubble bath for tonight is cancel."

Sehun watches Sophia shoot up from his lap at their Mama's words and she is staring at him with the same shocked expression as their Papa's but he is pretty sure their reasons are different.

"But! What! No! Joonmyeon! You can't!"

"You can do this and I can do that. I'm going to find the kids."

Sehun shakes his head, feeling sorry as the camcorder screen shows his Papa is strugling to get up and trying to catch up with his Mama is already walking away. Three weeks away from his Mama has done 'things' to his Papa and he as the older one has to do something. "Hey."

Sophia turns to her older brother that has his hands full with the leftover food that he had gathered. "What?"

"Which side did we stay last time?"

Sophia blinks as she processes Sehun's words before picking up the camcorder and stands on her feet, following the older as realization hits her. "Mama's." She watches her older brother navigating his phone and pouts. "Oppa, do we have to?"

"It is for our own good." Sehun smiles when he hears a voice on the other side of the phone. "Hey, Granddad. Can you pick me and Sophia up after school tomorrow? Sophia?"

Sophia receives the phone with heavy heart. Curses her Papa's love for her Mama. "Yeah, Granddad, we need to stay there for the rest of the week."