chaeyoung

The Past
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina heard someone shouting from the room next to her. She immediately stood up from her bed and rush to the room. She opened up the door and saw her daughter sitting on her bed wrapped with a blanket.

 

“mom..”

 

Mina rushed towards her daughter when she saw tears streaming down her face.

 

“why are they so cruel?” her daughter continued, burying her face on her knees.

 

“he left me.. just like what dad did to us.”

 

Her daughter's voice cracked and mina immediately crawled on the bed with her as she laid her daughter's head on her lap, brushing her hair gently.

 

Her daughter's tears soaked her pyjama and mina remembered something.

 

The same scene, the same thing happened to her once.

 

She remembered her mother did the same thing back when mina broke her heart in Korea. When she booked the earliest flight to Japan. When she opened the door to her house shocking her parents asking her why was she back so suddenly. When she didn’t answered their questions and just dropped her bags on the floor and ran to her mother’s embrace. When she cried so hard on her mother’s arms and they don’t know what to do but to cry with her--she saw her father cry for the first time.

 

“why are you crying mom?”

 

Her daughter brought her back to her senses as she felt her wipe away her tears

 

“you remembered dad?”

 

Mina wanted to say yes but that would be a lie. she chose to tell her the truth.

 

“no..” she whispered, still brushing her daughter’s hair with her fingers.

 

“then why are you crying?” her daughter questioned, she stopped crying now.

 

Mina stayed silent. She was thinking twice whether she should tell her that story.

 

“you can tell me anything mom..”

 

She looked down on her lap and saw her daughter smiling at her. She gently caressed her face and mina thought maybe it’s time..

 

Maybe it’s the right time she tells her daughter about her story, her first heartbreak.

 

About son chaeyoung.

 

Mina was terrified. She doesn’t know where to begin.

 

She thought maybe it’s better to take it back from the start.

 

“you know mom was once an idol in korea right?”

 

Her daughter nodded. “you debuted with 8 other girls..”

 

“yes I did. And while I was there.. there was this person I really loved.”

 

“more than my father?”

 

Mina weakly smiled at her daughter.

 

 

“we are in the same company. When I first stepped into jyp, that person is the very first to welcome me. You know your mother is a very shy person, and people just assume that I’m scary right? Well a lot of people in our company thought so too, that’s why I was so shocked when that person suddenly appeared right in front of me then hugged me out of nowhere.”

 

Her daughter giggled.

 

“that was the start of our friendship. We became really close, almost inseparable. That person supported me in every way possible. And as time goes by, I felt that I was falling in love.”

 

“did you confess mom?!” mina’s daughter sat up, questioning her with wide eyes.

 

“yes. I regretted it though.”

 

“but why?”

 

“long story short, I think that person doesn’t love me back because after I confessed, that person did everything not to see me again. I tried calling and texting. I tried everything to reach that person but I never had the chance to tal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter