Farewell

Mistake

I smiled as I inhaled the sweet and innocent scent of the flowers I bought for my loved one. I huffed and gathered all the courage I had in me to place the bouquet of Lilac flowers on her tombstone.

I-.. I'm totally fine..

No, ofcourse she's not fine, who would be?

When your carelessness resulted of losing someone you love? Ofcourse, Jungyeon wasn't fine, infact she's miserable ever since her loved one- Momo, left her. 

I sat down and tears immediately fell when I looked at the fresh engraved name on the tombstone infront of me. 

It displayed the initials:

Hirai Momo

November 9, 1996- December 23, 2015

With my remaining energy, I took out my wallet and picked the last photo that I took of us, she was smiling happily, without any doubts in the world. The picture displayed Momo, her lips were puckered as if she was gonna kiss me, knowing the mischievous me, I turned my face, opposite to hers, and our lips met, aswell when the camera flashed and took a photo of us.

The skies decided to join my sorrowness and started pouring droplets of rain on me, I moved closer and took the umbrella near me and shielded the gravestone, not minding my own safety.

She didn't even had the chance to spend the first Christmas with me. And it's all because of my stupidity.

//Flashback//

I s my arms around her shoulders, pulling her closer to me and protecting her with my warm embrace as we slowly strolled around the park. It was peacefull, people are walking around and having fun. She looked at me and our eyes met, and she looked at me with those lovely eyes that showed her love for me. I returned the love with the same intensity and stared at her, upping it up with another level as I leaned in and placed a soft and innocent kiss on her small but plump lips. Her face flushed a bright red color as I ruffled her hair playfully and chuckle at her. 

"Yah~ Don't mess my hair, I made it fixed just for you!"

I stopped and looked at her with playful eyes, "Oh you did?"

She nodded, but I still continued ruffling her hair. She pouted and pinched my arm. 

I stared at her lips as it was begging to be kissed, smirking, I leaned in and stole another kiss from her. She shreaked and tried to reach out to me but I dodged and ran away and stuck a tongue at her.

I stood behind a medium tree, but it was not long when she found me.

She pulled my arm and I stumbled and faced her. "Hehe.. I love you, Hirai Momo!" I pinched her cheeks and kissed her forehead.

"Yah~ Don't play with me!"

"I'm not playing~ I do really love you!" I chuckled and pulled her closer to me.

She blushed again and turned her back from me. She whispered, but it was loud enough for me to hear it. "I love you to Yoostrich.."

I ran towards her and backhugged her and inhaled her peachy smell. I smiled against her neck and whispered, "I love you more, Momorin~"

We were walking around and my eyes caught this stray flower in the middle of the road, she went off to buy snacks for us.

"Jungyeon, I'll just go and buys us snacks, stay here, okay?" I nodded at her, but my eyes still focused on the flower lying on the middle of the road. Moments later, I felt my feet walking towards the mesmerizing flower. I reached it and got a hold of it. It was still fresh and newly picked. Standing up, I glanced around and there was a speeding truck coming towards my way. Shock and fear ovverode my system and my feet stood frozen. 

My head quickly turned when Momo screamed my name and force struck my whole body as I was pushed away from the speeding truck.

I quickly opened my eyes and adrenaline rushed inside me. I looked at the scene and my eyes trailed on the lifeless body that was covered with blood.

I ran like my life depended on it and reached Momo, snaking my arms around her waist, I wiped the blood off her face and she blinked.

Tears poured down as Momo lifted her hand to carress my face, "I-Im glad y-your fine.. Y-yoostrich.."

I carressed her face and looked at her with pleading eyes, "D-Don't leave m-me Momo! P-please don't..!"

She smiled, "I-I'll try.."

"I l-love you, Momo.. Pl-please don't leave me, n-not now.."

"I love y-you too, Jungyeon. Always remember that.."

I manage to carry her and place her carefully inside the Ambulance. Inappropriate words were thrown at the driver, my left hand tightly holding Momo's hand as the paramedics applied first aid to her. 

She was brought to the ER and I stood outside waiting for her. 

"DO EVERY ING THING JUST TO SAVE HER!" My hand striked the door and tears streaming down my face. 

Minutes later, the place went quiet and I immediately stood up when the Doctor stepped out.

"Is she okay Doc?"

The Doctor stayed silent.

"What the ?! Is she ing okay, Doctor?!" I got hold of the Doctor's collar and pulled him close to me as I was anticipating an answer from him.

But my hands fell when the Doctor shooked his head. My heart broke into millions of pieces and endless tears came out of my eyes. 

"I-Im sorry, she didn't make it. Time of death: 10:24 p.m."

"N-NO! TELL ME SHE'S STILL ALIVE! NO! MOMO WILL NEVER LEA-" My words stopped when I looked at the door and there was Momo, laying on the bed, lifeless. The radio like thing displayed this green flat line, indicating no signs of life. 

Every part of me wished for a miracle, for Momo to start breathing again, and I waited, but nothing.. Momo really left me.

And at that part of my life, the lively Jungyeon died, and was replaced by a regretful one.

//End of Flashback//

"I'm so sorry, Momo.. Please forgive me.."

No response.. Just the sound of raindrops and wind blowing entertained my soulless body.

"Maybe, just maybe if I do this, I will have the chance to be with you.." I took out a small bottle that contained a small amount of deadly poison. 

I smiled for the last time and took out the flower I stupidly got from the accident and placed it on Momo's grave as I slowly drank the contents of the bottle.

Just maybe, I can be with you again, Hirai Momo.

~

I'd like to see your opinions! Kekeke~ I was feeling extra angsty when I wrote this~ Mianhaeeeeeeeee