The Escape Plan

The Royal Ambition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Sunho's sudden past out, he was quickly taken to rest in his bedroom. Minister and Madame Shin ordered a physician to check their son and felt a huge burden was taken off their shoulders when the doctor said Sunho fainted due to panic but it is not anything fatal or serious. The couple thanked the physician and Madame Shin felt a slight tense of guilt when she wiped the sweat off her precious son's face. 

Minister Shin looked at his son's sickly appearance and sighed. 

"My lady, are you sure about this sudden marraige between Sunho and Prince Choongjae? I have an uneasy feeling about being acquainted with the Queen. You know she is not a kind or upright person." Said Minister Shin with his tone full of worry.

"Of course I'm sure about this marriage!" Answered Madame Shin. "Sunho is my son and I will never do anything to hurt him! The Queen and I have discussed carefully about forming an marraige alliance last night. Imagine our Sunho marrying Prince Choongjae, he will become the duchess of Joseon!"

​"But doesn't Sunho like Prince Junghyuk?" Asked a confused Minister Shin.

"Yes but love is only temporary!" Exclaimed Madame Shin. "Choongjae will become the future King! If our Sunho marries him, he will become the future Queen of Joseon! Junghyuk will never succed and become the King. You and I both know that Sunho will have no future if he's with Junghyuk."

Minister Shin nodded in agreement after hearing Madame Shin's explanation. His lady was correct. Prince Choongjae seemed to be the perfect heir with his mother as the Queen and his maternal family members are all high rank officials in the political field. Prince Junghyuk was no match for the Prince Choongjae when it came to the throne. His mother is deceased; all he had was his younger brother (from the same mother) Prince Dongwan and no other family members in politics. Prince Junghyuk has no support or alliance in the palace or in politics, while Prince Choongjae had all the resources he needs to get the throne. 

The answer seemed very apparent.

Prince Choongjae is clearly the winner. 

"Alright, I agree with you." Answered Minister Shin. "Sunho will have a better future if he marry Prince Choongjae and we will form an alliance with the Queen to support Prince Choongjae in achieving the throne."

"No! I will not marry Prince Choongjae father!" Sunho woke up from his coma and yelled. 

"My son!" Madame Shin quickly ran to Sunho's side and gently his head. "Are you feeling better?"

"Mother," Sunho reached out for his mother's hand. "I beg you. Please. I can't marry Prince Choongjae."

"Sunho ah, we are doing this for your future! Marrying Prince Choongjae, you will become the future Queen of Joseon! Everybody will bow down to you!" Explained a triumphant Madame Shin.

"But I don't need people to bow down to me!" Answered a devestated Sunho. "I don't need all that power and wealth. I only need to be with the person I love. And that's Junghyuk Hyung."

Hearing his son's explanation made Madame Shin infuriated. She quickly lost her patience and exclaimed, "Well even if you don't need the power and wealth, our family does! Your father and I have raised you in every best way we can, so now it's your time to pay us back and bring honour to the family."

After that, Minister and Madame Shin left his room, leaving a hopeless and scared Sunho by himself. 

 

 

 

In the palace

Prince Junghyuk is anxiously walking back and forth while waiting outside his father's room. He has asked to see King Chalie in attempts to talk his father out of this arranged marriage. It's not that he had anything against his marriage partner - Shin Hyesung; in fact Junghyuk has barely seen that guy since Hyesung's status was considered low so he rarely made public appearances. But Hyesung's status wasn't the reason why Junghyuk didn't want this marriage, he isn't a snob. Junghyuk only refused because he already had somebody else he wanted to marry - Sunho. 

"Hyung calm down. Please. You are sweating non-stop." Exclaimed a worried Prince Dongwan while trying to wipe the sweat off his brother's face. Because their mother passed away when they were still toddlers, Prince Junghyuk and Dongwan shared a special bond and treated each other as the only person to depend on. 

"I can't Dongwan-ah!" Answered a distressed Junghyuk. "I have to speak to father right away and cancel this marriage."

Dongwan gently padded his brother's hand and said, "I know how you feel hyung. And I'm going to support whatever decision you make."

Junghyuk smiled hearing his brother's supportive words.

"Oh look what we have here!" Choongjae suddenly appeared and and pointed at the two princes. "What a touching scene between you two brothers. Too bad your brotherly love can't bring any real usage."

Hearing Choongjae's provocative tone made Dongwan infuriated. 

"You should watch your mouth and speak carefully Prince Choongjae. Prince Junghyuk is older than you, so shouldn't you follow manners and pay respect to him as your hyung?"

Junghyuk wasn't in the mood for a fight so he calmly dragged Dongwan's arm away from Choongjae and said, "It's alright Dongwan ah. You know I don't really care the fancy etiquette."

"Hyung!" Exclaimed an anxious Dongwan. "You're always so nice and that's why everybody in the palace treats you like a push over!"

Junghyuk shook his head as sign of telling Dongwan to quiet down. He then looked at his younger brother and now possible love rival and sighed.

"Choongjae ah, I want to talk to you about Sunho." Junghyuk said.

Choongjae smirked upon hearing Sunho's name. "Sure, what do you want to say about my wife?"

Hearing Choongjae addressing his love as my wife made Junghyuk instantly glare his eyes. "Look Choongjae. Sunho's not your wife and he can't marry you alright. You and I both know that he doesn't love you and you two will never be happy together."

"Oh? Sounds like somebody is jealous." Choongjae was mocking t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter