chapter 01

Just to Prove Him Wrong

 

 

“Please! Just help me this once!” Yoona looked dumfounded at the handsome young man at her door. The man didn’t wait any longer and shoved past her across the threshold into her house and closed the door.

“Yah! Who do you think you are?” Yoona yelled as she looked through the peephole.

“Wow. You really don’t recognize my handsome face?” Them an asked smirking while looking dramatically into empty space.

“If I knew, I wouldn’t be asking.” Yoona shortly replied.

“Ah, what’s wrong with my generation these days? Lee. Donghae. Remember the name. I’m the famous CEO of LD Entertainment as well as the famous singer, Lee Donghae. Does that ring any bell?”

“Ah, you’re Lee Donghae. My sister has a lot of pictures of you in her room.”

“I knew you had seen me somewhere. Anyway, do you have a clean shirt I can change into?” Donghae asked pointed at the trail of water from the door.

“I suppose, come with me” Yoona led him into her bedroom.

“Here you can use this. Change in there.” Donghae took the shirt and walked into her bathroom. As he was changing he spoke trough the door. “Why do you have men’s clothing?”

“Uh…that is….because…it was a present for my boyfriend”. Donghae stopped buttong the shirt.

“Oh I’m so sorry, I can just wear my old shirt”

“No it’s totally fine. He just broke up with me…via text message…that bastard”

“Ahhh, is that so… well I gotta go so can you just give ma  ride to my place?”

“Aish now you owe me double time. Let’s go” Yoona brushed past him and walked into the garage without even waiting for him to follow. She placed both hands on the wheel and rested her head on it. Tears started to form in her innocent doe eyes as she remembered how quick and painful her long term relationship ended. You’d think if 2 people had dated for 4 years, the gy would at least have the decency to break up in person. Before she knew it, tears were unleashed from her eyes and streamed down her cheeks.

She immediately wiped her tears as she heard Donghae slam the car door.

“Can you drive me to my company?”

“S-Sure” Yoona replied facing away from him. She knew if she had not up her tears, he would’ve asked about it and made the long hour drive super awkard.

“So…what’s your name?”

“Yoona. Im Yoona” She replied with a faltering voice.

“You know Yoona, I never EVER do this, but if you want to vent out your feelings about your boyfriend, go ahead. I know you’ve been crying. I guess, being the busy man that I am, I suppose I can at least pretend to listen.” Donghae said half heartedly while staring outside the window.

“This guy..Aish” Yoona thought. “Forget it.”

“Alright, suit yourself then”

“THAT FREAKING BASTARD.” Yoona suddenly screamed, surprising the passenger.

“Whoa whoa, calm down and focus on the damn road! My life is 10 times more precious than yours”

“Shut up and just pretend to listen” Yoona mocked. Donghae never listened to such harsh orders but he instantly obeyed. “I spent 4 years, 4 YEARS, with that guy. No- I wasted 4 years of my life because of him. He should have at least broken up with me in person instead of with a measly text message.” Yoona took her hands off the wheel and went to look for her phone in her purse.

“YAH! Did you forget that you’re driving?!”

“If you’re so worried about your precious little life, then drive yourself!” Donghae took the wheel from the passenger seat and steered back into a neutral state.

“Brake!” Donghae ordered. Yoona stepped on the brake and the car diverted at the curb. Donghae stepped out of the passenger seat and walked over to Yoona’s door.

“Get out. I’m driving”

“Fine, whatever” After they had switched, the car ride instantly became silent with only the sound of rain able to be heard. Donghae looked at Yoona and noticed that hse had been fogging up the window with her breath and writing in it.

“Ok. Taecyeon.” It read. Immediately after writing it, she violently wiped away the fog and slumped back into her seat and crossed her arms.

“Cute” Donghae thought. He knew how she felt. He had his heart break years ago and he developed a habit of avoiding relationships while playing with women. He didn’t want to do that to Yoona though. The bubbly feeling had not returned into his heart ever since Jessica Jung had broken up with him so coldly 7 years ago.

Half an hour later, they had arrived at his company. He hadn’t noticed that Yoona had fallen asleep 20 minutes ago.

“Erm…Yoona-sshi. Wake up!” Yoona merely responded by turning to the opposite side.

“Aish. Yah! Wake up!” Donghae said as he poked her forehead. He continued to do so until she sat up and stretched. She gracefully lifted her arms and arched her back. Donghae took this moment to glance at her body.

“Dang…she’s perfect.” He thought.

“Where are we…?” Yoona mumbled with her eyes still closed, snapping Donghae out of his thoughts.

“This… is LD Entertainment”

“Ah…LD….LD. This sounds so familiar”

“Well..yeah. I told you earlier when we were at your house..”

“No…I mean I wasn’t really listening to you earlier but I’ve heard this before.”

“Well whilst you ponder on that, why don’t you come up for some coffee. It’s the least Ii can do because now you have to drive all the way back.

“Yeah, ok, whatever” Yoona said still in sleep mode. She got out of the car and started walking in the opposite direction as Donghae.

“Yah! Where are you going?”

“I’m following you, aren’t I? LEAD ME! I don’t want to open my eyes ever again!”

“This woman…” Donghae took her by the shoulders and led her into the building. They hadn’t noticed how intimate they seemed. He was pressed against her back with his hands on her shoulders with their feet walking completely in sync.

“Yah. We’re here! You can open your eyes now!”

Yoona smacked her lips and gently fluttered her eyes open which instantly grew bigger than they already were. “This is so nice! So clean, so large! You..really own this place?”

“Yup! Designed the whole place myself. Even picked out that couch” Donghae proudly boasted.

“Oh! Here are the new trainees.”

“Annyeonghaseyo President Lee!” They chorused.

“Oh Hello. Kids get to work!”

“Ye!” they filed into the practice room with smiles on their faces.

“dang. They were pretty good looking.”

“Yah yah. They’re too young for you!”

“Pfft Oh by the way. You look a little young to be running your own company.”

“Young? Haven’t heard that in a while. I’m 27, you?”

“Ah.. I’m 24.”

“Hey! Didn’t I send you to to go practice?”

“Sorry Mr. Lee. I’m just getting water for the others.”

“Oh okay then. Quickly.” Yoona turned her attention to the man whomeDonghae was talking to.

“O..Ok Taecyeon?”

“Y-Yoona? What are you doing here?! We’re over remember” A wave of guilt instantly washed over Donghae but he quickly shook it off.

“I know” she quickly replied.

“But at least let me explain this” Taecyeon begged.

“Forget it. I’ve moved on”

“Moved on? So fast? How?” Taecyeon asked anxiously.

“It was easy. I me this guy” Yoona instantly threw herself towards Donghae and interlaced her fingers with his.

Taecyeon shot Donghae a death glare as Donghae was doing the same to Yoona.

“Come with me.” Donghae harshly dragged Yoona away.

“I’m so sorry. IT’s just that if I hadn’t lied to him, I would have seemed weak. I want to make him regret breaking up with me.”

“Still! I still can’t be seen with someone like you. I have a high status.”

“Yah. Shouldn’t you be happy that your “girlfriend” is a model?”

“No wonder her body is so nice” Donghae thought.

“S-Still! You can’t do that without my permission. I won’t go through with this act. This is exactly what I was running away from earlier. I’m just not ready to have a title of boyfriend again.”

“But it’s just actig! And you’re 27! You aren’t getting any younger you know! AND you owe me. Double time.”

“I guess. But we can’t be o public. Only in front of Taecyeon and only if it’s an emergency.”

“Ok Ok! Thank you! By the way, can I have your number?” She handed him her iPhone with her Rilakkuma case and grabbed Donghae’s phone conveniently fro his hand.

“Wow we already have couple phones!” Yoona giggled as Donghae’s lipsslowly curved into a smile.

“Done” they switche back phones and Yoona happily skipped towards the door and cutely waved. Donghae nervously raised his hand, returning the gesture.

Once she left, Donghae immediately held onto his chest. “Why am I so nervous?” He thought to himself. It had been a long time since he had a girlfriend even if it was a fake one. Jessica Jung. The woman that he had been in love with, left him heartbroken for years.

Flashback

“Sica, do you really have to leave?” Donghae begged.

“Hae, for the 10th time, YES.” Jessica replied as she tore her hand away from his grip. “Can’t you just support my dream? Don’t you want what’s best for me?”

“Of course I do! You can train at my company. You don’t’ have to go all the way to the US.”

“Lee Donghae. For the last time, I am going and that’s final. Plus, I’ve already met someone else. We’ve been meeting for the past month.”

“What?” Donghae asked in a hushed tone. He was too shocked to raise his voice or show his anger at that moment.

“That’s right so just move on and let go.”

“Fine. If that’s what you really want.”

“Yes. It’s exactly what I want. Bye now.” Jessica her heels and walked away towards the terminal

End Flashback

Yoona plopped onto her bed and checked her phone for ay messages.

1 New Message

From: Ok Taecyeon

Yoona I know you’re not actually dating him….right?

She instantly started to panic as she thought of a response

To: Ok Taecyeon

Of course I am. And I know he’ll love me even more than you loved me.

Taecyeon felt pain in his heart. He really loved her and still does and he didn’t even want to break up with her. But he had to for the sake of his career. Yoona searched her contacts for Donghae but she couldn’t find it.

“Did he really not give me his number?” Yoona worriedly thought to herself.

“Oh! Deer’s Boyfriend..?” She smiled and proceeded to send a message.

To: Deer’s Boyfriend

Yah! Fishy! Deer’s boyfriend…realy?

From Deer’s Boyfriend

Of course! And Fishy?

To: Deer’s boyfriend

Hey don’t act like you’ve never heard that before! You look like one babo.

From: Deer’s boyfriend

Yah! Who are you calling a babo?! Anyway what do you want?

To: Deer’s boyfriend

Ah..I’m going to come by tomorrow. Taecyeon wants proof.

From: Deer’s Boyfriend

That punk. Alright. Let’s all have lunch together then. 1 PM is fine?

To Deer’s Boyfriend

Perfect! Thanks “honey”

Yoona slowly rubbed her eyes and pressed herself up into a seated position on her bed. “Since I’m a famous man’s girlfriend, I should dress well today” Yoona thought. It was true that Yoona was a model, but she was very modest in her fashion choices. She wasn’t one of those spoiled girls who only wore designer labels and high heels. She spent about half an hour picking out the perfect outfit.

She drove all the way to LD Entertainment and walked through the luxurious broad doors once more. She made her way to the front desk.

“Hi! I’m here for Lee Donghae” The female receptionist eyed her up and down.

“You must be one of his low life s.” Yoona was taken aback by her degrading comment. She was not a soft girl that could be pushed around. Her expression changed from shocked to devious.

“I’m going to pretend I didn’t hear that…”

“Look. Mr. Lee doesn’t want to see a fake like you.” The receptionist replied chewing her gum obnoxiously.

“Then it must be hard for him to see you every day.”

“What?!”

“You heard me. Your s are uneven, one of your false eyelashes is falling off, your nose is clearly fake, and I think you have a couple pimples near your hairline”. Yoona smirked, silently cheering inside her head that she had successfully knocked out that .

Her moment of success was ruined when the receptionist stepped out of her desk area and walked around. Yoona saw her raise her hands and was quick enough to stop it before she ruined 10 minutes worth of combing and tousling her hair. She swiftly grabbed both hands that were about to pull her hair and twisted it around her back.

“You thought I’d just let you pull my hair, huh? What a fake . Just do your job right and get me Lee Donghae.” The receptionist stumbled back into her seat and called the extension for his office.

“He’s not answering”.

“Yoona!” Donghae walked up to her a moment later. “You look nice today. Ready to go? Taecyeon’s already waiting in the parking lot.” Truth was, Donghae saw the whole scene and how cool Yoona had handled the situation. He was captivated by her dual personality. She seemed to be a frail person because of her thin stature, but it was definitely not the case. Donghae liked a girl who could stand up for herself. Something like the “ice princess” type.