CHAPTER ONE

The Curse of The House

 

 

 

The sun was shining peacefully as the new year started. It was no doubt that the streets were cluttered with humans from every walks of life. Sound of honking from the vehicles which are stuck in the traffic polluted the air. Many were rushing off to their workplaces as well as schools. Well, yesterday was the last day of 2015 so, it was understandable that many were late.

 

It is officially the start for everybody especially the boarding High school, Seungri Boarding School. Seungri Boarding is a school just like every other school in town just that, students are not allowed to go home and to just stay in school. They have their breaks, but it isn’t as much as other neighbourhood schools. Forget about the school, let’s go in before school starts.

 

‘As you know, you will staying in this school. Some of you will be staying in the in building dorms well the rest, Villas. We have a higher intake this year so if your furniture is not working well, please inform the patrol officers in charge and we will exchange a new one for you. For now, head to the dorms or villas that you are assigned to and I will see you at 2PM sharp, in the auditorium.’ The principal cleared . ‘If you think you’ll get lost then leave earlier. No excuses.'

 

This school is stricter than you think. Some even called it a boot camp but it is not what it seems. They teach better than any other schools can.

 

 

Students begin to move around and find their friends whereas a boy, with his backpack and luggage just stood still. He didn’t know what to do nor where to go. His sweat began to dampen his pink hair as he began to feel a little nervous. Everyone had someone with them but he doesn’t. So much for running away from bullies. Now he’s all alone. He roamed around the Auditorium in hopes to find someone who stays in the same villa as him.

 

Kim Tae Hyung

 

VILLA 852

 

Looking at everyone conversing, he felt a little jealous. He too wanted to converse with someone. Anyone will do, it doesn’t matter who. He went looking for someone who was all alone or had no one around them. He saw a boy who was sitting down playing with his hand phone and decided to approach him. He prepared himself while walking towards the boy but the boy was almost immediately crowded with girls. Dang it. He took a few steps back to retreat. ‘Am I the only one who knows nobody here?’ He asked himself while walking away with his head low. He sighed as he took out his bottle from his bag and took a sip of water when he felt a sharp pain on his toe making him spit out a little.

 

‘Ah I’m sorry, I stepped on your foot. Are you okay?’ He wiped his lips quickly when he saw a girl with a pale blue top looked at him apologetically. He blinked a few times. ‘Hey, are you okay?’ Why does she sound so rough?

 

‘I…I’m o..okay. Sorry it was m..my fault. I didn’t see where I was going.’ He apologized quickly and bowed.

 

She stood there staring at him with her big eyes. Tae Hyung was confused. Wasn’t an apology enough? He wanted to move away because she gave a weird vibe but there was something that was not letting him go. A rush of electricity went through his body as he stood frozen. He blinked a few times before shaking his head to get himself out of what almost seemed to be a trance and the girl did the same. ‘Where are you staying? I heard there were no limits to who stays with who.’ She asked with the same rough tone as she showed her slip of paper.

 

Park Ji Yoon

 

VILLA 852

 

The boy couldn’t believe his eyes. There’s no way he can stay with a girl. That would be so awkward. However, he still showed his slip of paper and the girl instantly took his hand as she pulled him to the corner. ‘Yo, no way I can’t stay with a guy. Should we switch numbers?’ Ditto.

 

However, Tae Hyung shook his head. ‘I doubt we can change. The principal said there should be no changes at all. But then again, it states here 'Villa' so I don’t think that it would be only us. Let’s just hope that we have someone of the same gender staying with us.’ It was their only hope anyway. The principal made herself clear about changing rooms or villas and of course Tae Hyung as well as this girl, Ji Yoon, don’t want to get into trouble therefore they decided to find more people who are staying with them. They roamed around but saw no one who looked lost or looking for anyone. They had a feeling that they’re not the only ones who might have to stay with the opposite gender but why does everyone look so happy?

 

Soon, it was time to head back to their own dorms and villas. The school was really huge and it was true that anyone could get lost in it but Tae Hyung and Ji Yoon tried to follow students who seemed to know where they were going. They walked across the field following the rest of the students and found a wide area filled with high rise buildings and small terraces. This was where all the dorms and villas were located at. They both looked at one another and decided to find their villa first in hopes to find their housemates. After many turns, they managed to find Villa 852.

 

'A..are we going to stay in that?' Tae Hyung asked as he walked closer to the rundown villa. This villa looked the worst among the rest. It was like as if it wasn't used in a long time. The villa beside theirs was also a little rundown but it still looked cleaner than theirs. Tae Hyung was not liking the vibe that was coming from the house. It's not that he's afraid, he was never afraid of things like these. He was just, well, anxious.

 

Ji Yoon too was shocked at the outer condition of the villa. She thought that they would at least stay in a nice one but her expectations were too high. She looked on the positive side, 'at least it's better than my own house.' Ji Yoon touched the handle of the door and realized that it was not dusty at all. 'They must have cleaned it before we arrived. I'm fine with this.' She said loud enough only for her to hear.

 

The guard on patrol told the two kids that they were not allowed to enter the house just yet as their housemates were not here yet so they waited outside. There were no seats so they sat at the steps and waited. It was awkward. No one talked. Ji Yoon was playing with her bag strap whereas Tae Hyung was leaning his head against the stairs railing. Both of them did not know what to do but wait for more people to come. Ji Yoon thought that she should start a conversation first because the boy seemed a little too shy but was interrupted by a shadow of a tall lean figure. Ji Yoon raised her head against the shinning sun to see a girl smiling at her. Pleased, she stood up and smiled as bright as she could.

 

'Oh my, are you my housemate? I was afraid I would be alone. Hi! My name is Lee Tae Yang but please, please call me Sunny.' The girl smiled and bowed. Tae Hyung who realizes the situation stood up and bowed as well. He shook hands with Sunny with a bright smile to cover his disappointment. 'Yet, another girl?' He thought, before taking a step back and leaving some space for the girls to converse.

 

He looked around for his housemate but there wasn't anyone. Everyone was either in their own cliques or already in their villas or dorms. Disappointed, Tae Hyung decided to ask the guard on patrol if there was any more students staying with them and the guard answered a yes. Little did Tae Hyung know, the boy was just across the lane, searching every villa to find his own. Tae Hyung walked back to his villa and sat on the steps. He watched Sunny being all touchy and loud whereas Ji Yoon who looked extremely uncomfortable. He smiled at Ji Yoon when she signaled him to come over but continued sitting, ignoring her and waited for his own housemate.

 

It wasn't long before a boy dressed in full black came over and stood right infront of the villa. He took off his sunglasses and showed his almost arrogant face before walking towards Tae Hyung and blinked at him. Tae Hyung who was confused just stared at him and offered his hand. 'H..hi I'm Tae Hyung.'

 

'Kwon Min Hyuk.'

 

 

 

---

Author's Note:

So here is Chapter 1. It is just an introduction so yeah. I really hope i can write this story really well. Hope you guys would continue supporting me! :)