In Love

Fall

5 years old.

That's the first time Myoui Mina stepped on the land of South Korea. Moving at such a young age wasn't easy for little Mina but life goes on and you can do nothing about it.

The neighbour named Son was such a warm family. They welcome Myoui family with a big big hug.

She remembers the first girl who run toward her, Wendy. She's probably a real-life sunshine. She got the funniest jokes and the kindest heart followed by the warmest hug.

But she's just a cousin of the Son family's daughter who lived beside them.

Wendy didn't stay long, she went back to Canada after three days.

Then, another Son running toward her was the most memorable for Mina, Chaeyoung. The three years old wanted to run towards Mina but end up fall flat on her face, she didn't cry tho, and struggling to stand up by herself but failed anyway.

That's when Mina makes the first moves, she wraps her arm around the baby and pull her up to her own feet.

She's about to untangle herself from from the small baby, until a tug on her sleeves makes her froze.

The baby doesn't let go of Mina's sleeves the whole day, knowing that she's gonna fall again if she did. Mina smiles for the first time since they arrived here, the baby's eyes quickly caught the smile on Mina's face and slowly let go of her sleeves.

Because she knows if she falls, Mina will be there to catch her.

***

7 years old.

Mina learned ballet for the first time. She's in love with it.

Chaeyoung was 5 and she's starting to speak more compare when she's three, tiny and silent.

Mina didn't talk much, not like she had ever be talkative.

Chaeyoung stills sticks with Mina like a glue. She talks about new words she've learnt everyday.

Chaeyoung used the excuse saying she wants to share everything she learnt with Mina but she's actually trying to make Mina knows more words.

Mina knows that but why would she said it out when she can have more time with Chaeyoung.

***

8 years old.

Spring.

Mina and Chaeyoung were standing at the backyard of Son's family.

"Do you love spring?"

Chaeyoung nodded excitedly.

"Why?"

What Mina didn't expect is Chaeyoung's reply.

"Unnie, flower like you, beautiful flower."

Even with Chaeyoung's newly learn korean, her sincerity is as clear as pure water.

Mina starts gardening at her backyard at the end of the day.

 

Summer.

Son family and Myoui family had built a good relationship between them. So it's not a suprise when they decided to go to the beach together.

Being the tallest of them two, Mina has the responsibility to take care of Chaeyoung who was tiny as ever.

Chaeyoung is not going to let go of the opportunity to swim in the real sea.

Mina have to keep an eye on the active kid.

In a moment, Chaeyoung has lost in the wide big sea.

Mina can't think of anything but Chaeyoung so she quickly dives in the water.

"Son Chaeyoung! Yah! Son Chaeyoung!"

The beach was the merriest in the summer. Mina's voice was nothing compare to the loudness on the beach.

The adults are sitting far from the beach, trusting Mina will take a good care of Chaeyoung.

"Chaeyoung! Come out now! Please stop playing!"

The beatings of her heart is about to burst out.

Chaeyoung feels Mina is getting weaker in the water. She finally emerges from the water.

Chaeyoung is about laugh at Mina for being such a scaredy cat but was engulfed in Mina's arm before she can react.

Chaeyoung can't make sure if the water on Mina's face is just water or her tears.

Mina realized something when Chaeyoung was in her arms, she can't live without her.

 

Fall.

Mina's hand was entangled with Chaeyoung's.

It fits perfectly, times like this make Mina wonders if Chaeyoung was made for her.

"Unnie, the leaves are so poor, they becomes yellow then fall down from the tree. Is it hurt when they falls from the tree?"

Mina's lips corner lifting up, hearing the sincere concern for the leaves from Chaeyoung.

"They won't feel hurt, Chaeyoungie. The leaves fall so you can play with them, you don't have to climb all the way up there."

It's always fun to talk with Chaeyoung, things are pure in Chaeyoung's eyes.

Mina wonders what is Myoui Mina to Chaeyoung in Chaeyoung's eyes.

"Oh, so kind. Unnie, i'll fall for you if i were leaves."

Mina decided to not ask, because whatever she is to Chaeyoung, it must be precious.

 

Winter.

A snowman is a must in the winter.

Atleast that's what Son Chaeyoung thought.

"Is that me?"

Mina looks at the bunch of snow that are built into two round balls.

"Unnie! That's my hard work!"

Mina teased the tiny kid that are sulking because of the comment.

"Are you mad at me?"

"No."

Mina was sure she's sulking, but Chaeyoung couldn't stay mad at Mina so long. The longest she sulked is thirty minutes.

"Well, I'm sure you don't want a hug from penguin then."

Mina is turning her heels to walk away. A small figure back hug Mina while mumbling, "Unnie, Unnie,"

Chaeyoung rarely use aegyo, when she did, she definately mean it.

"I knew you wouldn't want that." Mina turn around and pull Chaeyoung into a bear hug.

Chaeyoung could only snuggle into Mina to get some warm.

***

10 years old.

Mina's ballet was taking a big part of her time.

Chaeyoung has lesser time with Mina.

The younger could sit in front the door everyday to see Mina come back. Then slowly went back to her home because Mina's face looks tired and all Chaeyoung want is for her favourite penguin to have a rest.

What she didn't know is Mina is waiting all day to meet her but Chaeyoung was nowhere to be found so she become dissapointed which make her appeared tired.

That year past like that, even Chaeyoung's favourite season, winter, Mina is too busy with her school and her ballet to accompany Chaeyoung.

***

12 years old.

Mina and Chaeyoung got gathered together again on Chaeyoung's birthday.

They become akward because the lack of interaction.

Until, after Chaeyoung cuts the cake and sits with her parents on the couch at the corner but Mina manage to hear what they are talking about.

"Chaengie, what season do you like the most?"

Chaeyoung's mom asked Chaeyoung in a gentle voice.

"Every seasons."

Chaeyoung's dad was confused.

"I thought you like winter the most."

Chaeyoung shakes her head.

"I like the seasons with Mina unnie. So i like every seasons."

Chaeyoung's mom decided to .

"It's sounds like you like Mina more than all the four seasons."

Mina never knew that.

Chaeyoung's love for winter is so great. Everyone know that, but Chaeyoung decided to put her love on Mina.

That year, Mina pushed away all her ballet class and stopped hanging out with her classmate to make time for Chaeyoung in four seasons.

Because she knows, if you really love someone, time will not make you forget them.

***

14 years old.

Mina knows she's gonna get beaten by the fat girl and her gang.

She just doesn't know what she should do.

Maybe Chaeyoung's advice was right.

Avoid talking to people who look bad.

Now she gonna get bullied by these fat girls.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Who are you going to beat with that fat hand?"

Chaeyoung's voice was clear, the three girls who are shadowing Mina slowly lowered their hands.

"This nerd here and who are you to stop us?"

"Who I am is not important but if you want to have a taste of this new baseball bat that I just bought, you can try."

The fat girls start hesitating, at the end, they past by murmuring "i seriously hate baseball club", "ugh, i'm this close to punch that nerd" and "that baseball bat was great".

"C-Chaeyoungie."

Chaeyoung don't know what she's feeling right now.

She's mad at Mina for not listening her advice but she doesn't have the heart to scold her.

She sighed, in a relief way while opening her hand wide.

"Come here."

Mina hugs Chaeyoung tightly out of fear. The feeling of getting saved when you're fragile is something that Mina experiencing right now.

This time, Mina realized that Chaeyoung's arm is her favourite place in the world.

***

16 years old.

Mina doesn't know how this start.

Chaeyoung become such a charismatic kid now.

She doesn't know why her heartbeat could beat so fast when Chaeyoung hug her or even stand close to her.

She start to find Chaeyoung unknowingly no matter where she is.

In the school, she hope to meet Chaeyoung even in the short 5 seconds.

Everything she does, she'll think of Chaeyoung.

Well, what can you do when you live with that person for a decade now.

The worst part was Chaeyoung is the most kind and caring person in the world.

That one time she stay late at school for ballet practice.

Her legs was hurting like hell. She had use two boxes of plaster this week.

Suddenly, knockings can be heard from the door.

"Hello...? Alright, i'm gonna go in now. If i saw you Mina unnie, you're gonna get some beating from me."

Mina don't really scared of Chaeyoung's threat, but she's scared if Chaeyoung get mad of her.

The door was open and Mina just sit there with her legs hurting.

"Didn't i told you to rest? You really like to ignore my advice."

Mina knew Chaeyoung gonna piggyback her all the way back home again.

Chaeyoung is that kind of person who looks cold and talk mean things but she's the kindest person you'll ever meet.

Chaeyoung sits in front of her massage her legs.

"If you could give yourself a break, maybe i could have a break too."

Mina finally laughs at her comment.

After a good ten minutes of massage, with Mina keep staring at Chaeyoung.

"You did well today, Myoui Mina. Let's go home now."

And here she wonder why she feels like that. She understand it now.

She've fallen in love with Son Chaeyoung.

***

18 years old.

Avoiding was not Mina's style of loving.

She'll treasure every second she had with Chaeyoung.

When Chaeyoung won the art contest, she's there to witness Chaeyoung's success.

When Chaeyoung is sick, she skipped school and ballet to take care of Chaeyoung.

When Chaeyoung borrows her bicycle and broke it because she ride it into a wall, Mina could only check Chaeyoung if she's okay.

When Chaeyoung thought she's not good enough, Mina is there to remind her she's more than enough.

Maybe on this winter, she can finally show how much Chaeyoung means to her.

"So, unnie, you're not gonna practice tonight? I thought you have competition in two weeks."

With Chaeyoung in front of her now, the courage that she had minutes ago was gone.

"I've got something more important to do tonight."

Mina smiles at Chaeyoung like the first time, the time when they exchange a promise to each other.

To catch her when she fall.

"What's that? I thought i'm your date tonight?"

Chaeyoung pouts thinking there are something more important than her to Mina.

"Well, you are my date."

Chaeyoung getting a bit confused now.

"Today is the first snow, i have three wish. Can you help me make these wishes come true?"

Chaeyoung don't really mind, Mina is someone precious to Chaeyoung.

She could grant 100 wishes of Mina.

"Yeah, sure."

Mina had practiced but forgot all of it due to her nervousness.

She'll just say what she had in mind.

"First wish was for you and me to be together everyday like this, at the same place."

Mina's hand was frozing because she lost her hand gloves.

Chaeyoung sighed and pull Mina's hands into her and put on her own hand gloves on her hands.

Mina could only fall deeper for her.

"Second wish, is for you to love me like I love you."

Chaeyoung looked up to Mina, with no expression at all.

Suddenly, a smile pasted on her face.

"I can do that well."

Mina took a deep breath before continue her third wish.

"Third wish, is for all my wish come true."

"You really prepared it well."

Mina blushed after her own confession.

"Are you gonna stand there or you gonna lower down a bit so i can kiss you?"

Mina's cheeks turn into a deeper shade of pink but she lean down so Chaeyoung can finally get what she want.

The kiss was sweet and light.

Just like an angel's kiss.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Maybe there will be more time when Mina fall in love with Chaeyoung, but it's alright because Chaeyoung will be the one who catches her when she fall this time.

*****

Wish tree is such a good song