You are the one

That Star is My Love

It was a cool and quiet night. Cold wind brushed my face as soft cotton. Slowly I took a deep breath, it was so refreshing. I looked up into the sky that covered with stars. Ah, what a beautiful sight, I thought. Then I noticed you, shinning bright up there as if you were telling me to not give up on hope.

“No worry, I’ll never give up on hope.” I said as if you were there in front of me. I lied down on the bench and started to count the stars as I always do. There were so many, and by the time I finished counting, I would have entered my dreamland.

“Min Young?”

I could vividly hear a familiar voice calling my name. It was his voice but it couldn’t be him, I thought.

“Min Young?”

This time I’m very sure that it was indeed his voice. I opened my eyes and found that he was kneeling beside me. I jumped up and rubbed my eyes. It must be purely a hallucination. I must have had missed him a lot that I could hear and see him in my dream.

You laughed at me. You put your hand on my cheek, it was warm. I looked at you wide eyes and asked, “Zico, it is you, right? I’m not dreaming right?”

You nodded your head and pulled my cheek to proof that you are real.

“Ah, it’s painful!” I protested and pushed your hand away. You stood up and took a seat beside me. My eyes followed your every move. I was afraid that the next moment you would disappear in front of me.

“Do you miss me that much that you can’t let your eyes off of me?” you asked.

Knowing it was you teasing me, I quickly shifted my focus. Seeing my reaction, you laughed. “You’re still so cute and adorable.” And like the lightning strike, you placed a kiss on my cheek and whispered in my ears, “I miss you, a lot.”

The next moment, I could feel the temperature of my cheek rose and I was blushing like a red tomato. Oh my, my heart is going to explode! I thought. I tried my best to keep my emotion on check, but I failed. The harder I tried, the harder I managed to stay cool.

Seeing my reaction, you burst into laughter.

I looked at you, I realized it had been a very long time I didn’t hear your laughter. I watched and tried to remember this moment, you face and everything. Unconsciously with my eyes closed, I had placed my hands on your face, feeling every line of your features. It was still the same as I used to touch once upon a time. Your thick eye brow, your long lashes, your pointy nose and your hot and puffy lips always make my heart fluttered. Once I had pieced your face in my mind, I took my hand away and opened my eyes. To my surprised, your face was just inches from me.

“Are you happy now?” you asked with concern in your eyes. I nodded and leaned forward to hug you. I put my head on your chest. I could hear your heart beat and smell your favorite perfume. Everything was the same.

“I’m happy that I can see with your eyes but I missed you.” I said. Now, I could no longer keep my tears from falling. I sobbed in silent. You then pulled me closer to you and placed a kiss on my forehead to console me. You patted my shoulders as a mother would do for her child when her child was sad.

“I miss you too, Min Young. But, didn’t I promise you that I’ll always be by your side whenever you are? Nothing would be able to separate us since you have my eyes to see the world and I live with your body. I’m with you every second.” Hearing your words made me sad.

I started to wonder what if the heart transplanted to you two years ago managed to function and adapt well in your body, everything would not be the same today. You would be alive and jumping now. You could be an amazing rapper now, being famous and recognized worldwide. But, that was only what if!

“If that happened, then you would not be able to see like now.” You said as if you had read my thought. “Min Young, everything is set by God. Do you remember what I said to you? We must be grateful for what we have at this every moment, we must never be greedy. If you want me here, you will not be able to see the world as you used to be. I donated my eyes and all my organs with the intention of helping others who are in need. I didn’t wish to see you in such a state after receiving my eyes. I want you to live with a smile on your face every day. Do you understand me now?”

How could I not be grateful and understand your intention? I was too grateful to be able to see again but didn’t you know how much I wanted to share my joy with you? Knowing you had passed away because of heart failure and I had your eyes transplanted into mine, I heart sank. Didn’t you know how was that feel like?

As I kept quiet and wondered in my own thought, you pulled me away from you, looked into my eyes and said, “Min Young, I know you are a strong girl. I know you must be able to go through this. Forget me and find another man that will make you happy as I did. Promise me that you would live well and be happy. You just need to know that I’ll never abandon you as I live in you!”

Sensing that it could be time you would leave me, I begged, “Zico, please don’t go. Please stay a little longer. Just a little longer will do.” I cried. I didn’t wish to let him go for a second time.

“Min Young, please remember this moment.” Your lips locked into mine and I closed my eyes to enjoy the moment.

PANG!!!

A slap on the head made me jumped. I opened my eyes and saw my mother standing in front of me.

“Didn’t I tell you to switch off everything before you sleep? How could you sleep with the TV on? Now get up and clear the mass!” once mom had walked back into her room, I looked around. I was in the living room with the TV  showing the drama ‘My Love From The Star’. I woke up from my seat and started to clean up the mass.

Ah, it was just a dream. It must be I watching too much of ‘My Love From The Star’. Still, it was a wonderful dream. At least Zico was in it!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I got this idea after staring at the star of my Christmas tree…I’m sorry if you find this not good but I would like to thank you for spending your time to read this…

This is the second one-shot I wrote without shipping EXO and BigBang…and I’ll try to write more in the days to come…

Alright, thank you once again for reading this and if you have any idea or suggestion for me to improve on it, please feel free to drop me a line or pm me…

Till then, have a nice day…^^