Chapter 1

In The Library

 


He didn't know why he always wants to smile like a crazy whenever he saw the boy (boy is actually not the right word, because he is his senior) who is now sitting on a canteen's chair, but Taehyung sure this is something new for him. Two weeks already when he realized that he is staring at his senior too much for his friends to handle. And now, he absentmindly staring at the senior.

Taehyung himself also didn't know what so interesting about him (a lie he tells himself). He sometimes thought that that senior of his was created directly by the hands of God. Just sitting there, reading a book and nodding his head to the rhythm of the music he hears through his headphone, he looks shining (somehow in Taehyung's eyes). Those eyes that so beautiful that he really feels like drowning in the-

BRUGH!

Taehyung gasped and almost spilling his drink. And his (so called) friends laughing at him. Taehyung glares at them, realizing that Jimin hit the table to break his thought. He snorts at them, then turns his gaze back toward his senior. But the seat that had been occupied by him was empty now, leaving a glass full of ice cubes on the tables. He sighed.

"What the hell?!"

"Taehyung, if you keep staring like that, people will call you a stalker, you know." Jungkook, who sit in front of him, replied with a laugh.

"Who is staring at who? You little sh-"

"Taehyung! Language!" Seokjin warned him.

Taehyung sighed. "Jeon Jungkook, just because we are at the same year, doesn't change the fact that I'm two years older than you, so respect your hyung. And I'm not staring at Hoseok-hyung, okay? I'm just interested... in his headphone." His friends looked at each other and laughed again. Taehyung glared at them, a little too hard that he feels like his eyeballs will pop out.

"No one said you are staring at Hoseok-hyung, you know." Jimin smirks at him. And he feels like choking Jimin, like right now. He then saw Namjoon, who sit between Jungkook and Seokjin, looked at him with a smile. Taehyung raised his eyebrows at him.

"What, Namjoon-hyung?" He asked, sliding the glass that now only contains a few ice cubes.

Namjoon just shrugged with a smile still plastered on his face. Full of meaning. Taehyung paused, and then shrugged, not really care. He turned his gaze toward Yonggi, who had been poking him since earlier.

"Don't tell me you have a crush on Hoseok." Yoongi asked, head lying on the table, and looked at him with sleepy eyes. This hyung really need to stop sleeping everywhere.

"Huh?! N-No way..." He retorted while looking the other way.

"Let's see then, Taehyung." Namjoon said. This is the first time he open his mouth since they making fun of Taehyung. And his tone really made Taehyung feels scared, as if he knew something will happen. The others laughed again. Taehyung just rolls his eyes (to hide his nervousness).

The bells rang, noticing them that the next class will begin in a few minutes.

Seokjin stand up and tries to drag Yoongi to their class, eventhough the latter only groaning and saying that he need five more minutes to sleep ("I'm not your mom, Yoongi!"). Seokjin was having none of that, and threatening Yoongi that he will carry him like a princess to the third floor (since they are third year students). Yoongi still not moving from his seat.

"Then, let me do the favor hyung. We don't want your precious actor body works too hard for this lazy hyung." Jimin said while smiling too bright that the sun almost lost to him.

Yoongi woke up almost immediately from his seat and glaring at Jimin. "Don't. You. Dare. If anything, I will carry you like a princess to your class, you brat."

"Oh, I don't mind hyung. I will gladly let you to." Jimin said, half smiling, half smirking at Yoongi. Yoongi stares at him almost too long, then walks away with a confused expression.

Taehyung rolls his eyes. If anyone with a crush, it's obviously Jimin.

Seokjin smiles at Jimin, shaking his head. "Then I'll excuse myself as well. You guys, hurry up go to your class. You better hurry too, Namjoon, your next class is math, right? You know Mr. Choi really strict about time."

Namjoon eyes widened, he almost curse. Almost because Seokjin look at him with warning eyes. Namjoon excuse himself and walks away clumsily that he almost trip over himself.

"Be careful going to the second floor. Don't trip on the stairs, again." He half-shouted to Namjoon. Then Seokjin waves to the three first year students.

"Oh, this gayness really getting me." Jungkook said. Then run to their class before Jimin or Taehyung could hit him with the glass on the table.

 


The boy with headphone sitting alone in the library with some books in front of him and a notebook. And through the window, Taehyung had been staring (again) at him. Now it was late afternoon and Taehyung usually will wait next to the library to see Hoseok. This is the fifth time already Taehyung spying Hoseok in the library. Although he should have been home at this hour.

Taehyung could be looking at him as long as he wants because the are at the same club. The Arts Club. All of them actually. Taehyung himself at the vocal division, with Jimin and Jungkook, and Seokjin at the theater division (that hyung really have talent at acting as prince and princess). Yoongi, Namjoon, and Hoseok at the hip hop division (a new division made this year because the three of them), also because they can take maximal two divisions at this club, Jimin and Hoseok also at the dance division.

And why can't he? Because the dance division's members often caught him at their practice room when he have no bussiness there. And that devil come from hell Jimin always shouting his name when he oh-so-secretly watching Hoseok dance with eyes full of pink hearts (said Jimin, not him).

Hoseok's dancing is one of a kind, that kind of dancing that could turn every pairs of eyes on him, cause bloody hell he looks like a Dancing God. And Hoseok when he sit at the library, reading those books and hearing music through his headphone, he looks like an angel sent from heaven (Taehyung really need to stop reading Seokjin's drama scripts).

There was some sounds of the friction of books being closed and stacked. Hoseok seems like have finished whatever his tasks. Another thing that Taehyung admire from him is how diligent he is. The books he read almost all of them are the books that related with his lessons. In fact, unrequired information from Namjoon that had been Hoseok's classmate, he often finished the assignment that given from the teachers on the same day the teachers give that very assignment. Taehyung smiles at that.

Taehyung took off his shoes, then come into the library and trying not to makes Hoseok notice his presence. He walked to behind the second year biology's bookshelf. Peeking out of the cracks between the books. His heart pounding when Hoseok started walking toward the bookshelf. He tries to calming himself and don't clutter the books that piled up beside his feet (this library really need to be cleaned up).

Hoseok was getting close, and Taehyung starts to thinking why the hell he was behind this shelf. He was pensives for a moment, and the sound of a book placed on the shelf took him by surprise. When he look up, he found Hoseok staring at him with a confused expression. Taehyung jerks and loss his balance (really nice, Taehyung). As a result, he fell, and the piles of books beside his feet scrattered. Hoseok went straight to behind the bookshelf and found Taehyung sat among the books that scattered around.

"You okay, Taehyung?" He asked.

"Ah? I-Yeah, I'm okay, Hoseok-hyung..." Taehyung answered nervously. He cursed at himself and the damn books.

Hoseok smiles, his eyes telling something that Taehyung couldn't catch. "Sorry, I'm not trying to be rude, but, you know we are at the same club right? Why I have the feelings that you are staring at me more than you are talking to me?"

Okay, great Taehyung. It turns out that you have been caughtI. "R-Really?" Even his voice betrayed him.

Hoseok shrugged. "I don't know for sure, but it's up to you anyway. You can look at me, staring at me, stalking me, as long as you want..." And winks at him. Freaking winks at him.

Taehyung was silent and Hoseok disappeared behind the bookshelf. He immediately try to stand up and see Hoseok from the cracks between the books. Hoseok put his belongings to his bag and walked out of the library. Taehyung feels really, really confused.

 


"You know, if you don't have the courage to say it directly, you can use a letter."

Taehyung snapped. Suddenly Jimin give him an unrequested advice. Taehyung pretends not knowing and not hearing. He adjusts his glasses and continue doing math. Ignoring his fallen devil friend beside him.

"Taehyung, I'm talking to you!"

Taehyung put his pen down. "What?"

"Just write a letter." Jimin replied.

"What letter? A letter to send you back to hell?"

"This is serious, Taehyung. Aren't you tired being a stalker?"

Taehyung rolled his eyes. Jimin and the others gave him the nickname stalker. They always laughing at his cowardness not brave enough to talk to Hoseok and his clumsiness often get caught staring.

"Jimin, I'm always curious about this, but, why you alwasy looks like you are flirting with Yoongi-hyung?"

Jimin bits his bottom lips. Taehyung has known Jimin long enough to know that Jimin doing that to hide his embrassment. "It's fun to . And no, you are not getting away from this." Taehyung sighed. His attempts to change the topic is failed.

"You know I don't have a crush on Hoseok-hyung, right?"

"You know Yoongi-hyung is not lazy, right?"

Taehyung sighed (again).

 


Taehyung fix his glasses. Sweat flowed down one by one from his temple to the chin. To the extent that a paper becomes wet on his desk. His hand is too sweaty. He gritted his teeth. Upset because he had been brooding nearly two hours in front of his desk but none of beautiful words written on a paper. Which finally entered the dustbin with annoyed scribbles as the previous papers.

Yes, he thought it is a good idea to try Jimin's idea. Where he doesn't need to stammer to speak in front of Hoseok. He was already thinking carefully about what exactly the feeling which often tickle his stomach.

It's because the looks he saw on Seokjin's face whenever he talks to Namjoon. It's because the looks he saw on Daehyun's and Youngjae's face. Because that very same expression was also on his face whenever he looks at the mirror at the dance division's practice room while thinking of Hoseok.

He sighed, took a tissue to wipe the sweat drom his forehead. He took off his glasses. And dump the tissue into the dustbin full of paper and looked at the clock on the wall of his bedroom. It's almost midnight. No wonder that he felt his eyes very heavey. Soon, he turn off the lights and turn on the night lamp.

The boy threw his body into the mattress. As he closed his eyes, he tried to make a beautiful sentence. But what comes to his mind is precisely Hoseok's face. He immediately pulled the blanket at his feet and sleep.

 


It comes to Taehyung's mind a little too late. But he know for sure that if someone that has a talent at forming a beautiful sentence, it must be someone who brave enough to enter The Arts Club, hip hop division.

Hoseok is not a choice anymore. Because, hello, he were trying to write a letter for him. Yoongi? Nah, it's a miracle already that that hyung have any interests (at hip hop and Jimin probably), and he probably choose sleeping over helping him. Yongguk? No. Why you ask?. That hyung will give him a deep sentence as deep as his voice. Junhong? That brat just as bratty as Jungkook, so no. Changkyun? That kid... is a bit weird. So his decision goes to Namjoon.

They are at the canteen. He don't know where the others but he claim himself a bit lucky that Namjoon eating alone at the corner. Namjoon raised his eyebrow at him, indicating him to continue.

"I want to write a letter. That kind of letter. You know, so..." Taehyung stopped his sentences because Namjoon smiled at him, slightly irritating to Taehyung's liking.

"That kind of letter? You mean dirty letter?" Namjoon smirked at him. This erted hyung.

"You do know what I mean hyung." Taehyung whined at him. Because seriously, what Seokjin see in this nasty hyung?

"Yeah, yeah, I know. Apparently Jimin can't stop babling about you want to try write a letter for Hoseok-"

"Hyung!"

"And no, don't try to deny it because almost everyone at the club knew, you know. I'm not sure about Hoseok though. But I don't think I can't help you, Taehyung." He smiles at Taehyung. A kind smile, not smirking this time.

"Why hyung..."

"Because, my lovely dongsaeng, if I help you it means that the words you write at the letter not genuie from your heart content."

Taehyung stares at Namjoon. "Wow, hyung. It must be the words from the romance novels you hide under your bed, right hyung?"

And before Namjoon can hit him with the spoon, Taehyung run for his life.

 


Clouds seem overcast, soon the weeping sky began drenching the earth. The wind feels tighter than usual. Taehyung sighed, seemed to be a storm.

Taehyung washed his hands an then look into the mirror in front of him. He thought how pitiful he was, looking pale and showering with cold sweats just because he wants to confess his feelings, today (and yes, directly). Yes, this is the first feeling for him though. You could say Hoseok is his very first crush.

Taehyung walks out of the toilet and then headed to class. Upon entering the classroom, he saw Jungkook, Junhong, and some people from The Arts Club surrounding Jimin, whispering about something that seems suspicious to Taehyung. Taehyung came closer to them.

"What are you whispering about?"

Taehyung almost laugh when he saw them jumped scared to death and scatered back to their seat as if they saw a teacher.

"It's not that important Taehyung. You don't have to be that cute, it makes me want to eat you~" Jungkook said as he winks. Jimin laughs, clutching his stomach. Taehyung gritted his teeth and snorts at Jungkook who acts as if he is going to throw up. Taehyung cast a glance towards Jimin. That devil pretended to be busy. Okay, Taehyung give up to find out.

The boy looks at the clock above their whiteboard. Showing 3:20, ten minutes to go to the bell rang. While the rain still roaring loud outside the school building. Looks like he should wait for the rain to died down because he didn't bring his umbrella, and no, he didn't like dancing in the rain.

Taehyung suddenly remembers Hoseok. Usually, that senior of his will take the same bus with Taehyung. And Taehyung knows that Hoseok will definitely spending time at the library while waiting for the rain to stop. Taehyung smiles.

"Jimin, I think..."

"Yes, yes, I know Jungkook! And I'm your goddamn hyung!"

Taehyung turns his head toward Jimin and Jungkook. Their voices are too loud to be said a wishper.

"What, Taehyung?" Jimin asked. Realizing that Taehyung staring at them.

"What are you discussing about?"

"I-It...." Jimin replied haltingly.

"We are discussing about how long it take for Yoongi-hyung to ask Jimin to... Jimin-hyung to be his boyfriend because it's irritating to the eyes the way they are flirting with each othe-"

Jungkook can't finished his sentence because Jimin was trying to chokes him to death. Leaving Taehyung with confused expression.

 


The bells rang. And the students began clearing their things. Taehyung pray in his mind that the rain will last longer, because he still need time to calming his jumping heart. Taehyung thought he was so strange because of his new feelings.

His friends one by one leave the class. And the last one to leave the door was Jungkook. Taehyung stand up and immediately clean up his belongings. When he finished, he almost immediately headed towards the library. Oblivious to the people hiding behind the wall, watching him.


"Jackson, do no pulled my bag!"

"Sorry, Mark-hyung, I can't see."

"Junhong, crouch down a bit. I can't see anything because you are too tall."

"Step forward a little Yongguk-hyung, there is a space there."

"Yoongi, can I climb on your back?"

"No, Jimin. I can't carry a bufallo."

"Yoongi-hyung!"

"That's my foot you step on, Jimin."

"Jungkook! How many times should I tell you that I'm your fu-"

"SILENCE!"

Everyone shut their mouth after Namjoon shouted at them. The others just making a sour face, slightly agree with Namjoon. Fortunately, the rain sound drowned the sound of their voices. Everyone's focus back to the moment in front of them. Taehyng waiting for Hoseok in front of the toilet. Strange indeed.

 


Taehyung snapped when he heard a sound of the door's lock being open. Hoseok seems like have finished whatever bussiness he have in the restroom. Immediately, Taehyung hiding in one of the classroom. Library is on the third floor. While they were on the second floor right now (And Taehyung run for his life to the second floor, almost afraid to lost Hoseok, because Taehyung's class is on the first floor).

Hoseok makes his way to the stairs, then he paused suddenly (almost makes Taehyung a heart attack because he don't want to get caught stalking him). Hoseok looks at his left wrist, 4 pm. He sighs, seems like he should wait a bit longer. He continues his way to the third floor.

And Taehyung makes his steps as quitely as possible after making sure that Hoseok had reached the third floor.

 


Hoseok knocks on the door of the library. After receiving a permission from Mr. Kim, a librarian, he took off his shoes and come into the room.

He smiles brightly. The distinctive aroma of books, such as a stress relievers for him. Yesterday afternoon he can't stay at the library because his parents told him they were going to visit their relatives. But now, he can stay as long as the rain let him.

"Hoseok, Mrs. Lee called me just now, seems like there is a problem at the academic, so you are okay being alone here, right?"

Hoseok smiles again. He walks to the table, right corner from the door, where he usually sit. "It's okay, sir."

Mr. Kim smiles at him, waves his hand and closed the door.

 


"And why all of you at the stairs and looking suspicious at this time where you should be at home and doing your homework?"

They snapped. Everyone immediately turns their head to the source of the voice. Mr. Choi-to-the-Siwon, with green whistle hanging around his neck.

"Erm... We.." Namjoon said haltingly.

"We are working on our club's task, sir. We are making a drama..." Seokjin answered, giving his prince smile, but it seems didn't have an effect to Mr. Choi, instead it did effect Namjoon.

"One club?"

"Yes, sir." Jungkok smiling at him this time. Trying to convince Mr. Choi with innocent smile. Mr. Choi paused, scaning their faces one by one.

"Alright." Mr. Choi then went to the staff room.

They sighs in relieved. Feels relieved because the worst scenario of their drama will be ordered by Mr. Choi to cut the grass in the front garden of their school in the rains like this.

 


Relax, relax. Hoseok-hyung doesn't eat human anyway. He is eating like a normal person. Just look at his face. Handsome, sma-

Taehyung shakes his head. His mind drifting off again. His legs were shaking. He was standing neart the window of the library. Taehyung look through the window, Hoseok who was writing so seriously. Taehyung turned around and slides down to the floor. His legs giving away. The boy hope that the rain will last much longer. He still was not ready.

Taehyung sighs, take a deep breath and exhales it. He stand up and took off his shoes. His hand holding the doorknob that feels so cold because of the weather.

He opens the library door slowly, trying not to make any noise. It's library anyway, so it must be a quite place. Taehyung was helped by the sound of the rain that drowning the sound of screeching door. After he entered the room, he steps slowly toward Hoseok who has his back toward him, apparently not aware of his presence.

"Yes, Taehyung?"

Oh, seems like he wrong.

 


They've reached the third floor. Then walks down the corridor on the right side from the stairs. After a few steps, the could see two pairs of shoes on the shoe rack in front of the library. It was predictable who were the owner of them.

Namjoon stops his step. Then tuned around facing his friends.

"Ssst! Be quite. Wait here a minute. I want to check if they are really inside." He whispered, crossing his index finger in front of his mouth.

His friends nodded in agreement. And Namjoon start walking toward the library. He peered through the window and a mischievous smile platered on his face.

"Come here, come here! The show already started."

 


Hoseok turns his head. Looking over his shoulder and saw Taehyung that being frozen. The boy smiles. He puts down his pen and stand up. Then turns around to face Tahyung.

Taehyung feels his throat dry. Hoseok seems like know all his habits. He smiles stiffly. Both were silent. None of them willing to break the silince. Only the sound of rain that pouring and the sound of howling wind that can be heard.

The one who upsets at this time is not Hoseok, surprisingly. While Hoseok just smiles and waits for Taehyung to say everything he wants to say. Taehyung sighs and nodding to himself.

"Hoseok-hyung..."

"Yes?"

"Well..."

"Hmm?"

"How do I put this..."

Hoseok's smile faltered a little. But his eyes telling something mischievous. "Taehyung, if you don't have anything to say to me, you can go or stay here but don't disturb me."

Nice Taehyung, he was annoyed.

"I have something to say." Taehyung took a deep breath.

"I... Maybe I'm not as diligent as you, not as innocent as Taemin-hyung, don't have a good voice like Daehyun-hyug and Baekhyun-hyung eventhough we are kind of look a like, not as caring as Seokjin-hyung, not as nasty as Namjoon hyung fortunately, not as bratty as Jungkook of course, not as devil and stupid as Jimin, at least I'm also not as lazy as Yoongi-hyung..."

 


"That damn kid! I'm not nasty!"

"Yeah, tell yourself that until the end of the world and no one will believe it, Namjoon." Jungkook said. Earning himself a smack from Seokjin, telling him to (again, this brat) respect his hyung.

"And I'm not bratty." You could say everyone rolls their eyes.

"I'm not stupid okay!" Jimin pouts. They ignore this one, because they are actually agree... with Taehyung.

"I'm not lazy anyway. I just like to procrastinating."

"It's basically the same thing, Yoongi." Seokjin said. Can't help but laught at his friends trying to deny everything (the truth) that comes from Taehyung mouth.

"It's because he said a good thing about you, hyung." Jimin pouts again. And Yoongi, as not interest as he was in anything, actually interest enough to pinch Jimin's chubby cheeks. Jimin's eyes widened almost comically, that Jungkook have to laugh his off.

"Shut up, or I'll kiss you."

"...Actually, it doesn't sound that bad, Yoongi-hyung."

"Shut up or I'll kiss both of you, with my foot." Namjoon said.

 


"..., not as cute as Youngjae-hyung, not as tall as Junghong, not as weird as Changkyun-hyung, not as deep as Yongguk-hyung. But, but, I... I... To you... Wanted to be like, you know Romeo and Juliet, Beauty and the Beast, and the other fairy tales.

"I know... It's weird, creepy that I've been following you everywhere including to the restroom, or whatever. But, everytime I look at you, you shine brighter than the sun, you are brighter than the stars, you are more handshome, yes handsome because the word beautiful is for a girl, than the moon and you makes me feel hot, hotter than a microwave. Seriously-"

Taehyung can't continue his speech. Because that very mouth of his has been silenced by Hoseok's. Yes, oh my God, Hoseok is kissing him.

"Okay, okay. I get it, Taehyung. God, you are so cute."

"Hyung?" Taehyung still confused.

"Yes, as in yeas I'll give you a place to be my boyfriend, you dumb cute."

And Taehyung freeze, can't contain the happiness that will explode from his chest.

Silence.

Only the rain sound that can be heard.

"Wooohoooo~"

Hoseok and Taehyung jumped in surprise. They turns their head toward the door and found their friends almost ran towards them. More precisely towards Taehyung.

"Taehyung-ah! I'm not deep, only my voice!"

"And I'm not weird!

"I'm not cute! I'm super manly."

"You have a really good voice like us, you know."

And Taehyung tries to avoid the attacks from his friends. Hoseok laugh at the scene. He thought he have to waiy any longer because apparently, that kid really haunted his dream at night. And he smiles at his friends who are congratulating him and not attacking Taehyung.

BAAAM!! PAK PAK PRAAAK!!

Everything went silent, the only sound was the rain that began to calm down. Their eyes widened, the bookshelves falling down like dominoes, because they were attacking Taehyung too brutal. The library become very messy.

"Ehem!"

Their gaze turns from the floor toward the library's door. Mr. Kim stood there, leaning against the wall near the door, his hands folded on his chest, and his mustache twitching, restraining his angry.

"Seems like all of you will be staying here a little longer, my dear students." He said curtly.

One by one, they starts picking up the books on the floor. Nobody dare to say anything. Tahyung knelt down to pick up one of the books. He look up as a voice calling him.

"You want to go home together?" Hoseok offered with a smile.

Taehyung smiles back at him. Nodding his head. Then Hoseok knelt down beside Taehyung, starts picking the books as well.

"Woooohooooo~"

"SILENCE! This is a library!"


 

Apparently, I'm also at writing story and I need to works out my English. So this is it. Hope you like it. Thank you for reading ^^