Kids see things that adults can’t

Glitch

 

 

Kyungsoo came back from his date with Jongin twenty minutes ago. Could he even call it a date? Anyway, he had been home for twenty minutes then decided to take a shower.  After coming out, a towel around his hips, he decides to look at his messages. His phone had been buzzing all evening throughout his date, bothering him and making him very annoyed. He warned Baekhyun about the situation and the boy promised not to call under the condition that when he gets back, Kyungsoo had to text or call him to spill all the details. Kyungsoo expected the messages to be from him but he was surprised to find 5 missed calls from his mom. Did something happen? He starts to imagine the worst case scenario but tells himself to just call back before freaking out.

 

His mom answers in the first ring.

-Kyungsoo! Are you okay?

-I should be the one asking you that. What happened?

-What do you mean what happened? You’re the one that never picked up.

-I was out with someone.

-Who?

-I’ll tell you some other time. So, why did you call me? What was so urgent?

-Nothing, really, but I was worried since you didn’t pick up your phone. It’s not your style. I called to let you know we’re having a family dinner on Saturday.

-Uh, I think I’m working on Saturday.

-All day long?

-No, just until 4 pm.

-Then come over right after. It doesn’t matter, as long as I get to see you.

-Ok mom, I will. I’m going to sleep now. Love you.

 

**


 

After finishing up at the restaurant, Kyungsoo packs his things in his bag. As he’s packing up his sweater, he notices he accidently took the book Jongin lent him the day before. He would be lying if he said it didn’t make him happy.  It meant he had a reason to see Jongin again. But being an anxious person, he also felt bad for ‘stealing’ the book and hoped Jongin wouldn’t mind too much. He waves goodbye to his co-workers and walks to his parent’s house since it was close by.

When he arrives, he is greeted with a plethora of voices. His aunts all want to give him a kiss, his cousins are tugging at his sleeves, all his uncles are asking questions at the same time, his mom is yelling from the kitchen for him to come help her and his dad is watching from his seat on the sofa with an amused smile.

 

Kyungsoo looks at him with pleading eyes. His dad chuckles before standing up.

-There, there. Let my poor boy get settled in before jumping on him. Otherwise, he won’t come back.

 

Kyungsoo silently thanks his dad but immediately regrets it when his father adds:

-Oh, but that’s not true. You’ll have to come back to introduce your new boyfriend to us.

If he wasn’t his dad, Kyungsoo would have strangled him. But he only shoots him a deathly glare to which his dad answers with a proud grin. His father leaves Kyungsoo to all the questions everyone is now asking about his new ‘boyfriend’ and goes to the kitchen to help Kyungsoo’s mother who is  –unknown to Kyungsoo- laughing as well.

 

**

After the whole moment of giving attention to Kyungsoo passes, he is left alone. Well, almost alone. He had never been the center of attention in his family except to his little cousins. To which he did not mind. He enjoys playing with them more than listening to the boring conversations about work or the future anyway. He watched a movie with them and after eating, the girls asked for a story. Kyungsoo sat on his old bed. Both girls on each side of him as he reads ‘Peter Pan’. It’s dark outside and he knows the girls will fall asleep soon. He peacefully reads the book until chapter 2…

 

The children are sleeping and dreaming. Suddenly the window opens. A small ball of light enters the nursery and flies around. It is a lovely fairy called Tinker Bell. She is looking for something. After a moment a young boy enters the nursery and says, 'Tink, where are you? Please find my shadow.'

 

 Tinker Bell finds his shadow in the drawer and gives it to him. 'Now I can stick the shadow to my feet with some soap,' he thinks. He tries and tries again, but he can't. He is very confused and starts crying.

 

Wendy wakes up and sees the boy but she is not afraid. His clothes are made of leaves. 'Little boy, why are you crying?' Wendy asks.

 

 The boy takes off his cap and asks, 'What's your name?'

 

 'Wendy Moira Angela Darling. What's yours?'

 

 'Peter Pan.'

 

 'Is that all?'

 

 'Yes!' says Peter. Then he thinks, 'My name is very, very short.'

 

Wendy looks at his shadow and asks, 'Can I help you with your shadow?'

 

 'Yes, please!' says Peter.

 

Wendy gets her sewing basket and sews on Peter's shadow.

 

After a few minutes she says, 'Finished! Now you have your shadow again.'

 

Peter looks at the floor and sees his shadow. He is very happy and dances around the room.

 

-Kyungsoo, why is Peter Pan’s shadow following you? The youngest asks in a yawn.


 

**

-I’m glad you suggested to hang out tonight. Baekhyun smiles at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol smiles back and puts his arm around Baekhyun’s shoulder, who secretly blushes from happiness. 

-Should we go clubbing? Baekhyun asks enthusiastically.  Chanyeol nods and they head to the nearest club. 

 

As they enter, a cloud of smoke hits their faces. Actually that isn’t all true. It does hit Baekhyun but not Chanyeol, being the giant that he is. As Baekhyun coughs, Chanyeol leads him inside. They find a quiet spot and Chanyeol laughs at the expression on the smaller one’s face.

-I’m sorry you’re so short.

Baekhyun hits him but also starts laughing. They head to the bar but they don’t order anything. The shorter boy is looking around. He is looking for an opponent. He loves dance battles and he knows no one can beat him. Only this time, he is with Chanyeol.

-You want to dance?

In response, Chanyeol takes his hand and leads him to the dance floor.

-I have to warn you, I’m very terrible at dancing.

-You looked like a good dancer at the party.

Chanyeol shakes his head and tries to restrain a smile but fails.

-I should return the compliment. The way you moved those hips, damn! I was impressed.

-Really? Baekhyun asks shyly, but not really. He knows the power of his hips.

-Really. Chanyeol wasn’t dumb. He knew the boy was faking the question but found it cute anyway.

He was happy to be there with Baekhyun and not anyone else because he really felt like there was a connection between them. The boy never failed to make him smile and he appreciated that. Being that kind of person too, he was glad he had found someone to joke around with.

That’s how they found themselves, dancing crazily to every song that played. At some point, Baekhyun found an opponent to have a dance battle with and won as Chanyeol cheered for him. They celebrate the boy’s victory at the bar where Baekhyun, completely drained out, leans his head on Chanyeol’s shoulder. The tallest pats his hair with one hand and drinks with the other.

 

-Your shoulder is comfy.

-Is it really? I’ve never tried so…

Baekhyun hits him for the second time that day.

-Don’t be stupid.

Chanyeol grins and asks the boy if he intends on finishing his drink but doesn’t wait for an answer. Baekhyun slaps his hand away and takes a sip of his drink.

-I worked hard, I deserve it.

-You do. Hey, I have to go to the bathroom. Wait for me right here okay, he says with a hand on Baekhyun’s thigh. I’ll be back. And with that, Chanyeol heads to the restroom. Baekhyun is left alone but he is elated. His heart is about to explode. All night long, Chanyeol kept sharing skinship with him. The boy liked him and it made him extremely happy. He wonders if it is too soon for kissing but decides he will leave it up to Chanyeol.  He happily swallows the rest of his drink and orders another one, then another one…

 

He was tipsy but not drunk. Baekhyun could handle alcohol very well. But that Chanyeol didn’t know that yet. He drinks two glasses and a half by the time the tall boy gets back.

-You know, we should do something one day. You, me, Jongin and your friend. I could even bring other friends along!

-YYeah that would be greeeeat! Baekhyun said, faking being more than just tipsy.

Chanyeol giggles and reaches out to hold the boy’s cheeks between his hands. He stares into his eyes and asks:

-Are you drunk Byun Baekhyun?

-Of course noooot! I never get drunk!

-Right. I think it’s time I take you home.

-You think so~? He asks in a cute way that would have made anybody else puke, especially Kyungsoo, but only makes Chanyeol smile brighter.

-Yeah, come on.

They head outside with Chanyeol holding onto Baekhyun’s arm to make sure he doesn’t trip. Which would never happen while acting drunk since Baekhyun wouldn’t want to risk hurting himself.  They walk for a while like this until he gets annoyed of the position. Why wasn’t Chanyeol taking more initiative? Didn’t he like him? He’ll have to be the one to make the first move. Not that he minded though. He was just used to taking the initiative later on in the relationship, when he could do what he wanted without the fear of being judged.

 -Actually this is better. The short one says and reaches for Chanyeol’s hand to intertwine their fingers together. Chanyeol doesn’t push his hand away but he bites his lip.

-Baekhyun, I have to tell you something…

 

**

 

 

a/n: Here, you see I post earlier! :D Plus its the celebration of Kaisoo Birthdays! HB to them! <3<3 Happy Kaisoo day!!!!

Hmm I guess you all know I didnt write Peter Pan so I took a part of it on internet.

I hope you enjoy this chapter that is a tiny-bit shorter *sorry sorry*

 

Proof-reading credit: http://notsoclosetedfangirl.tumblr.com/  also make sure to check out her Vines. They are awesomeeee!

Thank you for reading!!!

Please feel free to leave comments ^^  (Thanks to those who already did^^ Im sending you lots of love)