Dysfunctional

Threeway

It was a dysfunctional relationship from the very beginning.

 

Kim Himchan had met Bang Yongguk since the first year of college, having to share apartment because both of them lived quite faraway from campus. Himchan was a business student with a particular interest in Korean traditional music, meanwhile Yongguk is (surprisingly) a medical student who loves hiphop.

 

Both are equally tough and hard headed, but somehow that’s also what’s keeping them together for a long time, and this was their fourth year. There were no declaration of what’s the actual name of their relationship, but they knew possessiveness had involved when Himchan hang out too much with people from music club or Yongguk came home late at night smelling like girl’s perfume with lipstick stain on his cheek.

 

Their relationship was violent; the words, the fights, but also the love. There were times when all Himchan does was nag and Yongguk would just be quiet—but had killed Himchan one hundred times in his head. There were also times when Yongguk was tired but Himchan never understood, the yells and profanities turned into fist fight that left bruises. They were okay in their own way, always found their way back to one another. The bruises were what reminded them of how much their love could hurt. The pain they felt after they purposely use each other’s weakness against them always make them realize that it’s also love that’s keeping them together.

 

Because their love was strange that way.

 

Yongguk would always come back to Himchan even after weeks of running away having one night stands with dozens of girls he didn’t know. Himchan would always kiss him back with those lips that had also been kissing another guys.

 

This was their dysfunctional love. It still worked but it always hurt.

 

Until one day this boy named Daehyun came to their life, he was a first year literature student, three years younger than both of them whom Himchan met in the music club. The boy looked strangely attractive yet innocent and pure. His smile was blinding, his eyes formed beautiful crescents and his cheeks crinkles so beautifully when he smiled. 

 

Coincidentally, Daehyun was also the very same kid that Yongguk’s friend recommended for his mixtape. His voice was beautiful, it sounds like a ringing bell on a christmas morning and Yongguk was mesmerized since the very first time he heard the boy sing in the studio.

 

One thing led to another and the next thing Yongguk knew was Himchan opening their apartment door to him forcing a wet and sloppy kiss on Daehyun. He was speechless as Daehyun flew from his tight grip but Himchan caught him before he could storm out. He was crying and Himchan cupped his face to wipe his tears.

 

Himchan was always good in persuading people. Yongguk didn’t know what he said to the crying Daehyun until the younger boy calmed down. Yongguk could sense Himchan’s anger as he walked towards him, landing an accurate slap on his right cheek. Himchan didn’t talk to him for a long time after that.

 

Since that night, Himchan had grown so protective towards Daehyun. Daehyun was still collaborating with Yongguk in his mixtape but Himchan always watched them. It was strange for Yongguk, to see Himchan being so protective towards someone who was not him. But he couldn’t bring himself to get angry because deep inside him, he also wanted to protect the boy from any harm.

 

Having Daehyun by his side, Himchan seemed to be calming down from all his business in college or music club, also all his flirtings with hot boys he found. He had let Yongguk came closer to Daehyun as if Daehyun was his precious little puppy that he had to protect in all cost and Yongguk was someone who would corrupt him.

 

Daehyun was a good kid. He treated Yongguk as if he had forgotten everything he had done to him, he was also a professional who didn’t bring personal matter when he’s working. It was comfortable working with Daehyun, he could read what Yongguk wanted without he had to explain too much. After some times he worked a song with Yongguk, he began to get comfortable to joke around and laugh freely. It was nice seeing him happy.

 

Until Himchan’s possessiveness acting up again, he didn’t want Daehyun to go back and forth from his dormitory to their campus, studio, and his apartment—with special reason that he didn’t like Daehyun’s roommate. Himchan didn’t even have to argue with Yongguk to get Daehyun to live with them, and Daehyun didn’t have much choice but to agree—especially when both Yongguk and Himchan offer him to stay for free.

 

Now that they lived together, Daehyun slowly could adjust to live with two people who sometimes didn’t even look like they know each other, but five minutes after that they would each other’s faces as if their life depends on it. It was not bad because the two of them always seemed to put Daehyun on the top of their priority list.  

 

The fights between Yongguk and Himchan happened less frequently because Himchan’s loud voice and Yongguk’s uncontrollable anger sometimes scared Daehyun. Both of them treated Daehyun like he was their prized possession and Daehyun had no objections. He was loved, he was spoiled and protected. He didn’t want to ask for anything else.

 

And that was how everything happened—how this dysfunctional relationship formed. And strangely, they could never be any happier.

 


 

You guys banghimdae/bangdae/himdae sseuregi can leave prompt below in comment box or through my twitter and ask.fm

anything but is OK!

 

XOXO,

Run