finished.

Have a Happy Jolly Christmas

Yoongi likes Christmas. Yoongi ing loves Christmas, god damn it , he repeats to himself like a mantra as Last Christmas plays for the fifth time down the hall, Taehyung’s baritone voice rumbling throughout the apartment in attempts at reaching a high note completely out of his vocal range (Namjoon tries to make it into a duet, Yoongi wants to cry).

“I think they sound nice,” Seokjin says from behind him, the abruptness of his voice causing Yoongi to jump a mile high. He ends up on the floor, the Santa’s hat Hoseok had placed on him as he walked through the door falls onto the ground, looking like a sad lump amongst the red and green ribbons, a walking haphazardly and a lawsuit waiting to happen.

There are a lot of things Yoongi wants to say as he feels his throb for a second. He doesn’t like being scared, even if said person was Seokjin. Clutching at his heart, he shoots the elder a frown, “, don’t scare me like that hyung.”

“Language, Yoongi.”

“, sorry.”

“Yoongi.”

The exchange of words end as Jimin and Taehyung come barreling into the small living space, belting as loud as they can, “Jingle bells, Jingle bells!”

Yoongi flinches at the screaming, lips tugging into a deeper frown as Seokjin quickly pulls him from the ground, missing the stampede of feet and giggles as Jungkook joins in.

“I thought you said we were having nice, quiet dinner.” Yoongi hisses at Seokjin, although no heat is in his voice as Seokjin smiles down at him.

The pointed look at Seokjin gives him causes Yoongi to avert his eyes, “I asked you to come over.”

“Same thing.” He replies petulantly, walking off somewhere, grumbling about how ‘i’ll just drown myself in your stupid eggnog’ .

 

 


 

 

Yoongi does just that, right after he helps Seokjin finish the final touches for the Christmas tree (“It’s crooked.” Yoongi tells Seokjin. He receives a face full of the itchy garland Yoongi vaguely remembers being used for last year’s Christmas) except he can’t quite literally drown himself in Seokjin’s infamous homemade eggnog as Jungkook is chugging down half of it by the time Yoongi makes his way towards his awaited destination.

“What the .” Yoongi says, as Jungkook gives him what’s remaining. It barely fills up a mug and Yoongi bristles, shooting a glare at the younger boy’s retreating back. ing teenage boys and their 

“Language Yoongi.” Seokjin sing-songs, as if he knew what exactly he was thinking about, patting Yoongi’s shoulder.

“I didn’t even say anything!” Exasperated, Yoongi shoves the mug up towards his lips, only for it to collide with his jaw. 

“Aw .” He whispers, as Seokjin giggles, language he says, before swaying out of the kitchen with a plate of cut strawberries and whip cream.

 

 


 

 

Yoongi absolutely loves Christmas. Surprisingly, believe it or not. Even as a younger boy—he might not have believed in Santa (why would anyone be alright with a fat old bearded man climbing down your chimney? Creepy much ), but the feeling of sharing such a memorable day with the people you love—the act of exchanging gifts and sharing laughs was what made Christmas as festive as it was for him (just not his wallet). Yoongi thinks it’s a great time of the year. While the cold air during the day nipped at his cheeks and had him wearing twice as much layers than he usually would before sweating buckets once he was indoors, Christmas was a chance for him to wear the ugly Christmas sweaters Seokjin made him every year without question (“You’re so whipped, hyung.” Jimin would whisper annoyingly into his ear).

Christmas was spent sharing good moments with the people you loved. And Yoongi knows he doesn’t say it much, but he loves the six other people in his life very much.

Right now though , not so much.

He feels his eye twitching for the fifth time as Hoseok comes parading from the living room into the kitchen (Yoongi’s current safe haven, or was ). “Merry Christmas Yoongi-hyung!” The boy yells, on top of his head are reindeer ears, he holds a can of fake snow, whooping as he sprays it all over the kitchen, a mass of it falling on top of Yoongi’s hair and plate of apple pie.

“I was eating that…” Yoongi whispers, looking down at his now contaminated pie.

The rest of them (Taehyung and Jimin) pile in, waving left over ribbons that Seokjin had asked Yoongi to buy on his way over here, yelling into Yoongi’s ears along with Hoseok, more fake snow settling itself on his half-eaten pie.

“It’s Christmas! It’s Christmas! Merry Christmas hyung!” All three of them yell, jumping around the kitchen.

God, did that fake snow really stink.

But also God, was Kim Seokjin a lifesaver. An angel, his very own—

“Boys,” Seokjin pops into the kitchen, voice calm, the motherly tone he usually only has saved for the younger ones whenever they’re down, and they quiet down, small whoops here and there, especially when Taehyung sprays Yoongi’s face with fake snow.

 “I swear to god—” 

Seokjin, before Yoongi can start yelling, shoos all of them out of the kitchen before they can cause further damage. Jungkook, only seconds later, sticks his head into the kitchen, eyes warily casted towards a huffing Yoongi.

“Jungkook, can you help me sweep up?” 

“But, hyung,” Jungkook whines, “I wasn’t the one that made the mess.” 

“I’ll tell you where I hid the other bowl of eggnog if you help me.” Seokjin says, arm already out to hand Jungkook a broom.

Grumbling, Jungkook goes off to sweep the floors of the kitchen as Seokjin swiftly takes from Yoongi and dumping it into the trash.

“Dinner's almost ready and then the kids want to open the presents."

Yoongi perks up at the sound of presents, and shoves a hand into the pockets of his sweatpants, and he wilts at the thought. Yoongi’s suddenly reminded of why he was hesitant to say yes to Seokjin’s invitation, so ready to make an excuse of going back home to Daegu for the weekend to visit his parents (but just like the others, he couldn’t decline Seokjin’s invitation, not with doe, puppy-like eyes staring down on him as if daring for him to say no). 

University and finals had taken up the two weeks before break, and his visits to Seokjin’s apartment had become less frequent. He had initially blamed it on busy schedules and Seokjin’s apartment being too away from campus (it was only a ten minute train ride away, but that was already too far by Yoongi's standards).

He totally ignores the fact that what really stopped him from seeing Seokjin (even after finals were done) was the realization that he didn’t get Seokjin a gift (what lame excuse of a boyfriend are you? Jungkook would say). Even after hours of last minute shopping (he'll deny that he forgot to by Namjoon a present as well), nothing catches his eyes, and Yoongi soon becomes desperate.

Desperate enough to call Hoseok, probably not. But he calls the younger anyways.

“But haven’t you guys been dating for three months now? You could give Seokjin a box of pocky and he’d be the happiest person on earth because it was from you.” Hoseok had told Yoongi when he had called him in a last minute attempt.  

“I’m really glad you could make it.” Seokjin suddenly says, interrupting Yoongi’s train of thoughts.

He does the wrong thing and stares straight up at Seokjin, the latter’s eyes crinkling into small crescents, an amused look on his face, knowing well that Yoongi wasn’t listening to a thing the older had said. And god Yoongi is so whipped.

Coughing, Yoongi nods, a small yeah, anything for you escaping his lips, as Seokjin busies himself once more. Yoongi doesn’t miss the small smile that graces his lips though.

“I even made your favorite.” Seokjin continues to talk, red dusting his cheeks and Yoongi wants to tell the other how pretty he looks when he blushes. Yoongi instead, opts to stay silent, "And there's also more egg nog behind the cake box."

 

 


 

 

Dinner goes by without a hitch (besides the fact that Taehyung ends up shoving chopsticks up his nose and Namjoon almost ends up choking on food, but that was the norm). They move into the living room after Seokjin calls it on his fourth slice of pie. Opening presents mean Seokjin gifting everyone with ugly Christmas sweaters. It’s nothing new, but Yoongi acts surprise anyways, ignoring the roll of Hoseok’s eyes in the back.

It’s an hour after they’ve all exchanged gifts (Yoongi receives a handmade mug from Taehyung, and there’s a hole in the bottom of the mug, but Yoongi appreciates it anyways). It’s a couple of minutes of him helping Seokjin when he’s got Seokjin alone in the kitchen, the rest of the kids messing around in the living room.

“Seokjin.” Yoongi calls, putting the plates into the sink and turning towards the other. Seokjin had allowed Jimin to put reindeer hairband on him, his hair is messy, and Yoongi swears Seokjin didn’t look this ethereal a few moments ago (but when didn’t he). 

“Mm, what is it?” Seokjin says, facing Yoongi and smiling at the other.

“I still have to give you my present.”

Frowning, Seokjin his head to the side, a little confused. “But wasn’t it—”

“I love you.”

Seokjin is silent. The look on his face is unreadable (and Yoongi doesn’t like it, Seokjin has always been a person full of transparent expressions and yet, this time, he isn’t). There’s a look that flashes in his eyes, too quick to decipher and the tips of Seokjin’s ears turn red and Yoongi starts to see the tears that threaten to fall (they do end up falling and Yoongi screams internally). 

“Oh no. Why are you crying. Oh my god, please don’t—”

“This is the first time you’ve told me that you loved me.” Seokjin says, rubbing at his eyes. 

“That’s it? But I tell you I like you call the time! I mean, we have don’t we—” Yoongi says, a little frantic because god only he’d make his boyfriend cry on Christmas.

“Yoongi, please oh my god !” Seokjin suddenly wails, interrupting whatever Yoongi was about to say, a darker shade of red blooming onto his cheeks and ears, in which he attempts at covering with his hands.

“What? I’m being serious here, c’mon—”

“Please shut up.” 

The press of plush, soft lips on his chapped ones drown out the oooh’s and ahhh’s and yells of the others around them, Hoseok and his ‘ew mom and dad are kissing again’ and Taehyung and Jimin spraying fake snow around the kitchen. He doesn’t even bother questioning if any of them know a thing about privacy and instead, pulls Seokjin closer, and smiles into the kiss. 

It’s when Seokjin pulls back, staring at Yoongi with a bright smile on his lips, cheeks flushed, he can’t help but return the expression with a -eating grin, his cheeks hurting from how much he’s smiling, but , he’s so in love with him.

Hoseok was right, he was totally, utterly, and grossly (Hoseok’s words) in love for Kim Seokjin.

And he sure as hell knew that Seokjin felt the same.

“Merry Christmas.”