Final

That Rainy Day

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kai ran towards a place where he could get something over his head. 

 

He did not like rain.

 

It was wet. It was messy. It got his clothes wet, it got his hair wet...he simply hated it. 

 

 

 

The closest place he found was a cafe that he quickly entered. There were not many people in the cafe when he ran inside. A young high school couple that were smiling playing footsies, two waiters, a cashier, a barista and...and a cold faced man silently reading. 

"Welcome sir." One of the two waiters had approached him. Jongin smiled in politeness, awkwardly standing by the door, brushing the raindrops off his suit. 

"Umm...would you like a seat?" She asked him awkwardly. 

Jongin blinked at the question. He wasn't really here for the coffee but more for the shelter. He glanced outside. The rain was heavy; there was no way that he could possibly go out again. 

"Sure..." He answered and followed the woman to a seat. 

 

After taking his order she left Jongin taking out his laptop to work on the report that he did not complete. He told himself that he would complete it at home, but home was out of the question at the moment. 

 

 

 

 

The aroma of the coffee that lingered in the cafe, the warmth and jazzy music the cafe played all added to why Sehun liked this cafe in particular. Yes it was slightly off his way when he went to work, but he did not mind an extra 10 minutes’ drive to stop by at his favourite cafe. 

The cafe had a homely feeling to it. The face bricks, the magazines and novels that were one display waiting to be read...he liked everything. 

"The usual." He grinned at the waiteress he saw quite often. She grinned as she left him to his novel that he was reading in the soft pit pat of the rain. 

He liked rain. It brought a cool feeling, a nice break from the unbearable heat that summer came with. 

The bell on the door rang, ringing to tell that someone had entered. Sehun glanced up momentarily and saw a business man enter the cafe, quite wet and his hair disheveled and noticeably irritable. 

Without paying further attention, he looked down to continue reading the book that was in his hands. 

 

 

 

Jongin stretched his arms when he finally completed the report. He made sure to make a few copies in case the rain decides to kill his laptop by saving it on his flash drive and saving it on the internet as well. 

The coffee was really good; the cinnamon bun that he ordered on the side was good as well. It was a comfortable taste and he liked the taste that lingered in his mouth. 

He suddenly remembered to call his friend with whom he was staying with. 

 

"Hey." 

 

"Jongin? Where are you?" He heard a worried Kyungsoo from the other side. 

 

"Uhh...yeah...I kinda got stuck in the rain. So I will be home late." 

 

"Stuck? Should pick you up?" 

 

"Umm...there is no need buds. I will come home later. Plus I am getting work done here." He gave out a soft chuckle. 

 

"Ok then. Take care though Jongin."

 

Jongin hummed before ending the call. 

 

 

 

Sehun turned the page of his novel. 

Thoroughly intrigued by the plot of the book.

He liked novels like these. Jeffery Deaver, Dan Brown...and many others to name. There was a suspense level, there was action. He liked visualising the events of the book. It was often better than any movie adaptation. 

 

He sipped the Mocha while reading the book. 

 

There was no denying that Sehun would include these as one of his favourite past times. 

 

 

He turned another page of his novel. 

 

 

 

Jongin was completing other work that he was not required to do. He had time on his hands so he decided to use it wisely. 

He had ordered another cup of coffee and sipped it a bit while staring at the figures on the screen. 

 

 

Black out.

The lights went out. 

 

 

Sehun looked up from the book. The sudden darkness startled him. It was already night time and the rain was still pouring. 

The light from Jongin's screen flashed on his face, momentarily hurting his eyes. He sighed before saving his work and shutting his laptop. The rain had little intention of lessening. He groaned in frustration when he saw it was quite late.

 

 

The owner came out with a few candles, the employees followed him closely behind to help him. 

"I am sorry for this." The owner spoke out. "The rain has been truly terrible." He was put a candle on the counter and a few in the centre.  

"You can stay here until the rain stops. I don't think it is safe to go out." The owner sat down near the candles. 

"It is okay. Thanks for letting us stay." The young boy spoke gratefully. He walked closer to the candles, wanting to be closer to the warmth and the cadence the candles were giving out. 

"Come join us." The owner called out to Jongin and Sehun, who were hesitant to come closer to the strangers. 

"It will be a long night." The young waitress sighed. 

"It will." Her co-worker replied. 

 

 

Jongin and Sehun sat opposite each other and looked around awkwardly. 

"We should probably try to kill time." The young girl spoke, her fingers intertwined with the boy's. 

"What do you want to do?" The waitress asked. 

"I don't know. It just seems awkward sitting together in silence." She let out a soft, nervous chuckle. 

"Want to listen to the radio or something?" The owner offered. 

 

 

The soft buzzing of the radio brought life to the awkward, tense air at the cafe. 

"Look at that." The boy mumbled to his girlfriend. 

She looked up and saw her boyfriend making a heart with his hands that projected a shadow on the ceiling from the candlelight. 

"Aigoo...so sweet!" The young waitress squealed at the young couple, making them blush. 

"I remember when you use to that." The waiter beside the waitress spoke up. "We used to make dog faces." He put his hand out, his thumb sticking up straight and moving his pinky away from the other fingers to make a dog barking. 

"Oh yes! I remember that. We used to make birds as well." The cashier spoke up, linking his thumbs and flapping his hands. 

 

The shadows along with the soft buzzing of the radio brought life to the awkward, tense air at the cafe. 

 

 

 

"How about we get to know each other?" The barista offered. 

"Well there isn't much we can do anyways." The cashier agreed. 

"Right then. Why don't we do that." The owner smiled. "I will start then." He grinned and started talking. 

 

 

Jongin and Sehun shifted uncomfortably. Talking about themselves? To strangers? But what more could they do...the people around them did not look bad at all. 

 

"I am Kim Jongin. I am the Finance Head at Lee Corporations." Everyone wowed at that piece of information. Kim Corporation was a well-established company. "Andd....I don't know what else to say about myself." Jongin scratched the back of his head in nervousness. 

"Do you have a girlfriend?" The young girl asked him. 

"Uhh...I don't." 

"Do you live your family?" The waiteress asked.

"No. I currently live with a friend."

"Do you have any hobbies?" The barista asked. 

Hobbies...

He paused to think. He did not really have time for hobbies. His work took up a lot of his time. 

"I liked to dance when I was younger." 

"What about now?" The blank faced guy spoke up for the first time. He had a deep voice that was contradictory to the baby face he wore. 

"I don't." 

 

 

"I am Oh Sehun. And I think you guys know me because I come here quite often." He smiled at the staff. "I work as a dance teacher." He momentarily looked at Jongin before continuing with his introduction. "I live with my brother and that's all?" His cold face broke into a small smile. 

Jongin was mesmerised by the small smile he saw. He found himself wanting to see more of that. 

"Have a dance battle with Jongin-ssi." The waitress request, she was already in a small giggling fan girl fit. 

"Dance battle?" Sehun and Jongin asked simultaneously. 

Out of all the places to have a dance battle, the two men were going to battle it out in a cafe, during a blackout, while the rain was pouring heavily by the passing minute.

"I will play the music." The young boy grinned while he went through his phone to search for a phone. 

The people looked at the expectantly, waiting for them to stand up and dance. 

"I will play a hard song. Try this song." The boy grinned. The girl leaned in to see what song he was going to play. 

"Yah! You are so mean! This is so hard." She giggled was she slightly hit the boy's shoulder. 

 

 

The music was started. Both of them stood awkwardly, in the candle light. 

The music sounded old, neither of them realising what song it was. 

But suddenly the owner started laughing out. "You are truly mean. Such an old song?" 

The boy let out a mischievous laugh. 

"Why do you have such an old song though?" The barista grinned at the boy. 

"I like it." 

jeo pureun chowon wie

geurim gateun jibeul jitgo

 

"With you...Nam Jin." Sehun murmured to himself. 

"You are truly a devil, aren't you?" Jongin grinned at the young boy who waiting for them to dance. 

 

 

nimgwa salsuman itdamyeon ~Oh

 

Jongin decided to make the dancing experience more entertaining. Both of them managed to dance. He walked over to the young waitress and pulled her up to dance with him. Seeing this, her co-worker also joined them. 

Jongin grinned at them. He pulled up the young couple who were now singing the song madly, in the ecstasy of fun. 

It wasn't long before the rest joined them in the mad singing and dancing of the song that was being played from boy's phone. 

The song ended with everyone ending with a wild dramatic pose. The silence lingered for a few seconds before everyone broke out into laughter. 

Jongin's eyed went on Sehun, who was chuckling. He liked how the younger looked when he did not look expressionless. 

 

 

"That was fun." The owner spoke out in a slight huff. The rest nodded in agreement. 

"Whose idea was it? It was actually pretty epic." 

"MY IDEA!" The young waitress excitedly spoke out. 

"No. It was Jongin-ssi's. He was the one who pulled you out." The waiter scoffed. 

"I am going to make something for you to eat." The barista spoke up. 

"I will help you." The cashier got up. 

 

 

"You dance well." Sehun mumbled to Jongin. 

After the wild dance session, Sehun and Jongin somehow sat next to each other. The owner got up to help the barista and cashier to prepare a few things to eat and the two waiters also got up to help them. The young couple and Sehun were the only ones left behind. The couple snuggled in closer, leaving Sehun and Jonging alone to converse. 

 

"Thanks." Jongin smiled at the younger. 

Sehun liked at the smile that Jongin wore. It looked natural, it looked real, and it looked genuine. 

 

 

"Okay, we are back!" The waitress announced their arrival. The staff brought in hot chocolate, cookies, and a few sandwiches along with muffins that were made early that day. 

"I was so hungry." The boy scrambled towards the food that was laid in front of them. The girl grinned and also reached forward to grab a mug of hot chocolate. 

"Here." Sehun handed Jongin a mug and also a muffin. 

"Thanks." Jongin took the contents from his hand and started eating quietly. 

 

 

"This is really good." The young girl spoke out. "Thanks so much for this." She smiled at the staff. She turned to look at her boyfriend only to find him sleeping silently. 

"You must be tired." The owner spoke when he also saw the barista and waiter yawn from the day's fatigue. "You can sleep." He smiled at his staff. They nodded gratefully and thanked before allowing their eyes to rest. 

 

 

 

Sehun and Jongin were the only ones left awake. 

"Can't sleep?" Jongin asked. 

"Not quite." Sehun shook his head. "I sleep late." 

It was now nearing 11 at night and the rain was still pouring heavily. 

"You don't like the rain, do you?" Sehun asked. 

"Why do you say so?" 

"Because when you entered the cafe you looked annoyed." Jongin was thankful that Sehun's eyes were on the candle flame. He did not want the younger to see his cheeks heat up. 

"Not a big fan of it." Jongin answered. He was observing the younger, who was still watching the candle flame. His eyes travelled from his hair, down to his nose and reaching the chin. 

Sehun was handsome. 

There was no denying that. 

Sehun was really handsome. 

 

 

 

Jongin took another mug of hot chocolate that was now cold.

Sehun had now fallen asleep and Jongin took this moment to observe the younger even more. 

He lightly brushed Sehun's hair off his eyes. 

He had nice, soft hair. 

He looked peaceful in his sleep. He truly looked like a baby in his sleep. 

Jongin softly brushed the cookie crumb remains off Sehun mouth. The mere action made Jongin more attracted Sehun. 

 

Why?

 

Jongin did not know...

 

Sehun looked very unapproachable at the first glance when he saw Sehun read his novel. He looked cold. He looked rather...icy. But the time he spent with him, it made Jongin realise that Sehun was everything but cold and icy. Sehun was warm, and his warmth made Jongin feel attracted towards the sleeping man. 

 

 

 

 

 

The next morning came and Jongin woke up early. The rain had stopped and the staffs were gone. The owner was up drinking a cup of coffee. 

"Jongin-ssi!" The owner smiled when he saw Jongin awake. 

"Morning." Jongin smiled at the older man. "I will be out for a few minutes." Jongin informed before stepping out. It was a habit for him to read the newspaper and he stepped out to buy the newspaper. 

 

 

Sehun woke up with a feeling of emptiness around him. 

He opened his eyes and saw Jongin was not there. His absence...somehow...for unknown reasons...made Sehun sad. He wanted to spend more time with the older. He wanted to know the older more. 

"Sehun-ssi." The owner smiled when he saw Sehun awake. 

"Morning." Sehun mumbled. "Did you see Jongin-ssi?" 

"Oh...he just left-" Sehun left the cafe before hearing what the owner had to say. "-for a few minutes." 

 

 

How could Jongin just leave like that? Why did he leave like that? Sehun looked for the older man. He wanted to make sure he would meet him again in the future. 

 

 

"Hello. I am back." Jongin smiled at the owner. Sehun's absence hit. Where was he? "Uhh...Where is Sehun?" Jongin asked.

"He left to look for you." The owner answered. He smiled when he saw Jongin leave to find Sehun. The blackout brought to people together? He could see that the two men felt attracted to each other and he could only hope that they would meet again and have a happily ever after. 

 

 

How could Sehun just leave like that? Why did he leave like that? Jongin looked for the younger man. He wanted to make sure he would meet him again in the future. 

 

 

Jongin lost hope in ever finding Sehun again. He lost his chance. He slumped in dejection and started making his way towards the cafe. 

"Jongin-ssi?" He perked up at the deep voice he heard. 

"Sehun-ssi?" Both were visibly brighter having met the other. 

 

 

 

"Hi." They spoke at the same time, grinning at each other. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: Okaaaayy....welll here it is.. *hides* I am actually quite nervous of how it turned out...BUT...i hope it was okay?? 

As for the story..i REALLY don't know how it came out...i put in quite a bit of effort into it..so i hope it comes out well?? If not...well then i am sorry? ^^ 

But I hope you like it! Please let me know what you think about it? Please do comment! Thanks for so much!! :)