Realisation

난 당신 없이 살 수 없다.

 

I woke up in a dark room. It was familiar, yet i couldn't fully figure out where i was. I sat up and looked around. "Hyung?" I turned to see Jungkook. He looked upset. Even in the dark light, i could tell his eyes were red, he looked tired, and in pain. I instantly pulled him into a hug. "Gwenchana." I said holding him tightly. It was coming back to me now. The horrible scene from yesterday. Taehyung. "We have to see the police today." A voice spoke up. I identified it as Namjoon. His voice was cold. Jungkook pulled away from me, his face compleatly wet from the tears that slid down his already pale face. I took a deep breath, holding mine in. I needed to be strong for them. It was hard enough as it is. "What time?" I asked turning the light on. We were at Namjoon's house, we were all cramped into his room, with the exception of Jimin and Hoseok. "12" Namjoon replied. I nodded. "I'll go get ready then." I said, leaving the room. I headed for the bathroom. 

Only i got distracted by the sniffles i heard coming from the living room. I wondered in, only to see Jimin and Hoseok, huddled together, crying. They were the closest to Taehyung, apart from Jungkook that is. I wanted to go over to them to comfort them, but i knew nothing good would come from that. So I turned around and went to the bathroom. 

We arrived at the Police station. They took me in for questionning first. They asked me why i didnt keep looking for Taehyung. Why no one else helped, why we didn't stop him. I just broke down. "Listen. If I could have prevented this, i would have. Do you think for one second that i wanted to loose my best friend, my brother? If no one else went to help, it's because they were shocked, how would you react in that situation? When they realised what was happening they pulled me out the water. They probably did right, i would have kept looking for him. It would have been me that found him dead. It would have killed me, and then who knows what i could have done. So stop making out that we did wrong, that WE killed him." I said annoyed. He bowed his head in apology. "We also have a serious matter to discuss about Kim Taehyung." He said. I nodded my head as much to say 'go on.' "We found his father dead, a few days ago. It's being treated as murder. Kim Taehyung has been found Guilty of the murder of his own father." He said. I nearly fell of my chair. "Jjinja?" I asked slightly shell-shocked. He nodded. "We've heard from his mother that, Kim Taehyung witnessed his mother getting abused and attacked and so he acted out. Unfortunatly we believe this, along with other reasons lead to Kim Taehyungs suicide." I felt a tear drip down my cheek. "We need you to tell us anything about Kim Taehyung-ssi and his relationship with his parents or even anything you know about his personal life. We will only be asking you and Kim Namjoon, we have established that your other friends aren't up to the interview and won't be needed today. Apart from Jeon Jungkook. He was close to Taehyung-ssi, no?" I nodded. "But i know nothing of his personal life..." I half muttered. "You know no reasons that would have lead him to this suicide?" He asked. I shook my head, holding my tears in. He nodded. "Kamsamnida Kim Seokjin-ssi, you may go." I nodded and got up. 

When i got to the waiting room, I found Jungkook, in tears, sitting on the floor. I bent down. "Gwenchana?" I asked. He shook his head and pulled me down, he hugged me tightly. "What happenned?" I asked softly. "Tae...he...." He couldn't get the words out. "Araseo, tell me later." I said pulling him closer. Deep down, Jungkook was still a little kid. He couldn't handle this. None of us could. 

I just wanted to break down. I wnated to sit on the floor and cry. Cry like a baby who's lost his teddy bear. I wanted to be reassured, to be hugged. I wanted to. But i needed to stay strong for the others. Apart from Namjoon and Yoongi, they were breaking inside. I needed to keep it together. 

That night, i found my self at the local street food stand with Namjoon. We sat at a table with an empty Soju bottle and another one on it's way. "Kim Taehyung..." I began. Namjoon half-heartedly smiled. "What a great kid...He was always smiling." I said, letting my tears fall. I didn't care anymore. I was hurting and i needed to let it out. "I never knew that things were that bad for him..." I said, taking another shot of Soju. "He always smiled...How could we know he was suffering..." Namjoon added. He too had cracked. Tears rolling down his pale cheeks. "I wish we could...." I began.. "Yah...don't...you know we couldn't have stopped him..." Namjoon cut me off. I nodded faintly. I grabbed yet another shot. "I can't believe it..." I mumbled. "What about his mother? What does she think of all of this?" Namjoon asked. I just shrugged. "Aparently she's refusing to give a statement." I said. "I think she's the one who told the police it was Tae..." Namjoon said sadly. "It wouldn't suprise me." I added. In that sense, his parents were messed up. I never understood what went on between them. I only knew that it was never that simple for Tae to live with them. I remember a time when he came to live with me, but i never thought anything of it, i mean everyone's parents fight, but i never understood how severe it actulary was. I can't help but end up wondering whether his mother even cried after hearing that tae.... "We have to get through this..." Namjoon mumbled, another shot... Another Soju bottle was emptied. 


Well that's it for this chapter, let me know what you think in the comments below.

Would you like longer chaps? Smaller? Or roughly the same size? 

It's been a while since i posted anything on here, so i'm hoping to make this one of my best stories yet... It's definalty one of the longest chapters i've written with no writers block what so ever... Anyways, goodnight x Hope you enjoyed this chapter, see you next time ^^ 

Saranghae! <3 

Gomopda!!