Midnight Date

Midnight Date - Wonwoo

Placing one foot in front of the other, your eyes were glued to the sidewalk slightly in front of where you were stepping. Slipping your chilled hands into the pockets of your hoodie, you wiggled your fingers trying to create some warmth in the cold lined pockets. The passing lines of the sidewalk caused your mind to turn to other things while your body went to auto pilot and moved towards your home.

Mulling over some things to yourself, you reflected on the past few weeks, how rocky and harsh day after day seemed. Waking up, walking to classes, sitting through lectures, walking to another class then another, then once all the classes were done, you would head home and start on the endless hours of homework and studying for tests and finals.

You knew you needed something to pull you out of the rut you were in, something completely adventurous and fun for you to escape to for a few hours. Thinking through some of the classmates that you would sit next to you thought that maybe you would ask one or two of them to go and see a movie with you or to go bowling or dancing with.

The long list of names soon was down to one or two lonely names as you thought about how those people have been treating you lately. With no ‘hello’ when you sat next to them or a friendly smile to welcome you to shallow conversations that you didn’t personally care for, the little things that your friends used to do everyday seemed to be a distant memory. Pushing your hands deeper into your pockets, your shoulders shivered with loneliness as you sighed, your eyes watching the little cloud of warm air clash with the cool air in front of your mouth.

Knowing that finals were coming up and such, you wondered if that was the change you were seeing in your friends, or if you did something and they were avoiding you. Sighing again, you closed your eyes, letting some warm tears fill your eyes as you stopped at the corner and pressed the button on the traffic light post to cross the street. The cars rushed past you as you pulled out your phone and checked your messages, with none to catch up on, you watched the lights change before walking across the street.

Continuing to think on the way home, you tried to remember when you went out and had some friends, counting back week after week, you your lips and shook your head lightly. Those few names were scratched off of your long list as you found yourself digging around for your house key a while later.

Pushing the door opened, you walked from the bitter cold to the warm dorm you were staying in. Closing the door behind you and heading up to your room, you your laptop and shuffled your backpack off of your shoulders. Leaning it against your chair, you stepped into your closet and changed into some comfy pajamas for the remainder of the evening planning to be working the rest of the night.

With your phone next to your laptop, you checked your emails for both personal and school purposes as your fingers danced across the keyboard as you started working on some easy assignments before increasing the skill and attention level you had to have for the assignments.

Finishing up an assignment, you pulled out a different spiral notebook and flipped to the last lecture you had before your phone vibrated and lit up beside your laptop. Skeptically looking over your bound book, you picked up your phone and slid your thumb over the screen before tapping on the new message you had received.

Hey! I hope you had a good day today~ -WW

It was alright, I didn’t have the best day…

Replying to your friend Wonwoo, you placed your phone back beside your laptop as you thumbed through your notebook trying to find this certain point that your teacher made during lecture.

Your phone lit up again and again as you picked it up and read over his texts.

I’m sorry, can I do anything for you? -WW

I don’t think so… but thank you for the offer….

Placing your phone back on the table, you inhaled a deep breath before getting started on your homework assignment.

Is something wrong? -WW

A lot of things are wrong but don’t worry about it….

You replied before the texts just stopped for the time being. Focusing all on your homework, the time on your computer ticked by as the minutes soon became hours. Sleep started to weigh down your eyelids as you glanced at the bottom right of your computer screen, your eyes reading the numbers revealing the time.

“Almost midnight“ You mumbled to yourself as you took a little break and opened a new tab and went onto some of your social media websites you were apart of. After a few minutes of scrolling through random posts from your friends back home and distant family, your phone lit up next to your laptop again.

Hey~ I got out of practice and wondered if you have time to hang out tonight, Up to you of course, and don’t let me get in the way of your sleep or homework, i just have a few days off and would love to see you and try and cheer you up~ -WW

Reading the text, you glanced back at the time

I’m not asleep yet, but it is about midnight just so you know

I know, I just thought I would run it by you -WW

What do you have in mind?

Sending your reply a few minutes later, you bit your lip as you waited for his response, entertaining the idea of getting out and hanging with Wonwoo.

Is that a yes? ^^ -WW

Maybe~

With a smile playing on your lips, you slipped all of your books into your backpack and shut down your computer before you trotted downstairs to get a late night snack. Just as you passed the front door, you heard a solid few knocks come from the other side. Stopping in your tracks, you looked over at the door before a vibration came from your pocket.

Knock Knock -WW

Reading the message, you smiled and looked through the peep hole before twisting the locks and opening the door slightly.

“Hey _______” Wonwoo smiled brightly

“What are you doing here?” You questioned, welcoming him inside while keeping your voice down for your roommates.

“You said maybe, so I thought that I would come over and just take a chance for you to say yes” He smiled while his fingers played with one another nervously.

“I guess I wasn’t very clear” You shifted your weight from one foot to the other as your mind thought about it for a moment.

“I-I heard d-d-dates are good for shaking things up…. for distracting you and taking your mind off of… things…” He lifted one of his hands up and rubbed his neck nervously as your eyes caught his nerve shaking hand as he slipped his hands into his pockets.

“So you wanted to go on a d-date with me” You teased, a smile pulling on the corners of your lips. Watching his head nod shyly, you bit your bottom lip harshly trying to keep your smile contained.

“I think you should have given me more notice for a date” Your eyes dropped down to your comfy pajamas that hung loosely over your figure.

“Don’t worry, you look beautiful” He smiled, biting his lip too trying hard not to smile too brightly or blush too much. “I can wait here if you want to change….”

“I’ll just be a few minutes” You nodded your head before taking off upstairs. Running into your room, you kicked off your pajama bottoms before slipping your jeans back on and changing your baggy t shirt for a tank top and a warm long sleeved shirt. Combing your hair, you quickly pinned a few strands of hair up with a cute clip before trotting back down the stairs.

“You’re still beautiful” He giggles as he reached out for the front door handle and opened the front door for you. Smiling and blushing, you stepped out into the cool night air as your eyes lifted to the glittering stars overhead. Wonwoo closed the door behind the two of you and locked it for you as the two of you slowly started walking down the street.

“So… what do you have planned?” You asked, slightly turning towards him as you watched his side profile change under the streetlamps.

“How does hot chocolate sound?” He questioned, looking over at you as you nodded.

“Sounds yummy!” You smiled as he lead you towards the cafe where they served the best hot chocolate in his opinion.

The two of you stood slightly away from the counter as your eyes moved over the different combinations that you could order. Narrowing the tantalizing choices down to just one, the two of you ordered your hot chocolate.

“I’ll pay for my drink” You told him moving over to the cashier

“Don’t be silly, I will pay for it, I am the guy you know” He teased a little, pulling out his wallet.

“I can pay for my own drink” You huffed, folding your arms over your chest.

“I know but it is gentlemanly to treat his girl once and while” He smiled your way as the cashier took the cash from between his fingers. “Besides did you bring some money?”

Patting your pockets, you hung your head low realizing that you had left your money in your other pair of pants.

“I’ll get it this time” He took the change and slid his wallet back into his pocket before the two of you stepped aside, waiting for your drinks.

“Thank you” You whispered softly as you felt his hand gently rubbing your back

“You are welcome” He whispered back before the barista called his name and grabbed the two cups and walked back over to you, handing you your cup, the two of you walked back outside and  wondered down the streets.

“I’ll pay you back when we get home” You told him, blowing your hot chocolate a little while your hands wrapped around the cup, trying to soak up the warmth.

“Don’t worry about it, it is my treat” He smiled and glanced your way as you nodded gently. “So… what have you been up to?” He asked as the two of you spurred off in conversation.

Wondering down the streets, the two of you sipped on your hot chocolate here and there between responding to one another. The winding sidewalk lead the two of you to the river that winded through several buildings in the city. Heading back towards your apartment, slowing down your strides, the two of you returned to the front step of your place as your hand gently slid into your pocket and pulled out your house key.

“W-Would you like to come in for a little bit?” You questioned softly as you opened the door.

“I could come in for a minute or two” He smiled and carefully slipped off his shoes and entered your home. The two of you settled down on the couch and continued to talk with your playful, light and highly funny conversation. Bouncing comments off of each other, Wonwoo wrapped his arm around you slowly as the two of you continued to talk, eventually finding your body against his, his arms wrapped around you and your ear pressed against his chest.

“I’m going to fall asleep if we stay like this” You mumbled, feeling your eyes start to weigh down with the weight of sleep.

“Then you can sleep” He whispered, slightly moving under you before you felt a cool blanket laid over you for a moment until his arms wrapped back around you.

“Don’t you need to head home?” You whispered, sleep starting to win over you

“I thought I could stay with you tonight, I need some _____ time” He whispered cutely before pressing his lips against your head.

“Sounds good to me, I have missed my Woo time” You mumbled as his fingers slipped into yours. “Get some sleep too, we have already stayed up way too late tonight”

“Don’t worry, I won’t stay up too much longer” A chuckle left his lips as he hummed softly, “I love you” He whispered softly, his fingers playing with the ends of your hair as the sun began to rise over the horizon. Moving his fingers from your hair to the small of your back, he brushed his fingers across the slight show of skin that peeked out from your slightly risen shirt. His brown eyes watched you fondly fall asleep on him, tucking some hair behind your ear, he kissed your forehead goodnight before he soon followed suit.